• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Orono OC Picnic-Guaging Interest

SPOProds

In the month that I have been in Maine I have had more problems with OC than I did in the 2 years i OCed in Connecticut. Today I received an e-mail from a friend at the Local PD. However, it got me thinking, and aggravated me a lil. He is usually all for excersising your rights especially 2A rights. So I was a little thrown off by it. I thanked him for his advice and told him that even wit a CC Permit I would still OC as it's my preferred method of carry. I gave him this link Open Carry Argument

I feel as if it's as a good a time as any for an Orono/Bangor/Old Town OC Picnic. If anyone would be interested in attending please let me know. I would like to get this setup. I going to look at some sponsors to donate food and will try to secure the rest myself. I'm sure that we can get a spot at one of the many parks around the area.

Last edited:

SPOProds

50 views and no interest? Not that many OCers from the Bangor area?

I'd like to get this done. There isn't much time before it starts getting cold. Then we will have to wait until spring to try again.

SPOProds

I'd like too. Just live in Windham and that's too much gas to afford right now.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

On my phone and can't check distance, but I'm up for somewhere more central to everyone. I suggested Bangor because I don't see much going on up here. I don't mind a drive and am not adverse to staying overnight if I have to. Day trips are cool I wouldnt mind a trip down to Kittery even. If a MOD wants to change the title to Maine OC Picnic its ok with me. Augusta area might not be bad or Fairfield

Last edited:

CCinMaine

Windham is about 2 to 2 1/2 hours away from Bangor. I'm surprised that this topic has been so quiet. It seems most of the Maine activity is up in your neck of the woods.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

MainelyGlock

I would definitely be down, but Bangor is too far from Portland for me. Classes start for me next week again, so maybe on a Saturday or something? Would need to try and get work off for a day trip, but that shouldn't be a problem.

SPOProds

So anybody have an opinion on a middle ground? I think Augusta might work, about half way between Portland and Bangor. Sorry to keep bumping this, just really want an OC picnic before it gets cold

Maine Expat

Wish this had come up about a month or so ago. I'd be there with bullets on.

We're headin to the Jet Port tomorrow afternoon and off to Ukraine on Monday, so the Bersa is unloaded, cleaned and lightly oiled and stashed in the ammo can. I've asked my brother to come over and take her out to play once in awhile and give her a good rub down for me.

Hope we can set something up. Maybe Augusta way?

If we get an annual OC picnic going I'll be back next Summer and I'll bring a nice big batch of Q to the party. :monkey

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

We're headin to the Jet Port tomorrow afternoon and off to Ukraine on Monday, so the Bersa is unloaded, cleaned and lightly oiled and stashed in the ammo can. I've asked my brother to come over and take her out to play once in awhile and give her a good rub down for me.

If we get an annual OC picnic going I'll be back next Summer and I'll bring a nice big batch of Q to the party. :monkey

Be safe and give them my best regards. :rolleyes:

MainelyGlock

So anybody have an opinion on a middle ground? I think Augusta might work, about half way between Portland and Bangor. Sorry to keep bumping this, just really want an OC picnic before it gets cold

Augusta would work for me, depending on when it was. An hours drive would definitely be worth it for me.

Have a nice and safe flight!

scott58dh

Will check my calendar & get back to you ASAP !

Thanx for the effort & hope it works out for all of us !

scott58dh

GO-ME Facebook

I believe a central Me. Picnic/Gathering will be great.

Orono, Bangor, Newport, Waterville or Augusta. whatever gets the most votes.

I should be able to make it After 09/08/12 (my wifes Birthday ) with no problem.

I'll post a shortcut on Gun Owners of MainE FB page.

Here's a shortcut to GO-ME...

:arrow: ; http://www.facebook.com/groups/gunownersofmaine/

Last edited:

SPOProds

Sounds like Augusta may work the best door all interested. Mill Park seems like a good place for the picnic. There is a pavilion, so we could still have it rain or shine. I'll contact Augusta Parks dept to find out about reserving the pavilion. What days are people available? A Saturday may be easiest for everyone but I'm not sure.

scott58dh

Sounds like Augusta may work the best door all interested. Mill Park seems like a good place for the picnic. There is a pavilion, so we could still have it rain or shine. I'll contact Augusta Parks dept to find out about reserving the pavilion. What days are people available? A Saturday may be easiest for everyone but I'm not sure.

Let's do it on 09/29/12, Noon - 4pm.

What do ya' think 'bout that ?

It can just be a picnic/Meet & Greet, nothing fancy.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Let's do it on 09/29/12, Noon - 4pm.

What do ya' think 'bout that ?

It can just be a picnic/Meet & Greet, nothing fancy.

When you have everything finalized as to place, date and time, start a new thread with the date in the title and ask for a sticky. Then we'll link the new thread here and close this one.