• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

RE: poor poor doug , BUDGET CUTS = ONE BAD CITY

punisher702

RE: poor poor doug , BUDGET CUTS = ONE BAD CITY

RE : to the post poor poor doug .........it gets worse , as per the metro budget ( here : http://69.69.103.36/Portals/0/Finance/Final Budget 2012-2013 4-30-12.pdf ) they have already cut 238 cops and 236+ civilian jobs , the fact that vegas has ALMOST 5000 felonious crimes committed every month , yes five thousand , that's around 160 plus a day !!! i,m guessing this city is quickly headed for Detroit status . the numbers come from their own budget report .

i wanted to add the post and add my own 2 cents , if anyone remembers i was the one on ch 13 news , i HAD to start a facebook page and contact the news channels to get the drug dealer across the street from me arrested /gone , it was 2008/09 and even then they refused to do their jobs , we called ( me and the neighbors ) thousands of times , i called in the end once a day at least ( at first it was once a month ) 1 1/2 yrs later i started the facebook page and got it done myself , NOW that they cut all the jobs i cant even imagine how bad it will get .

even more of a case for OC . thanks for letting me vent on my first post !! :D

5000 floney crimes every month in lv.jpg

elimination of cops.jpg

usmcmustang

RE : to the post poor poor doug .........it gets worse , as per the metro budget ( here : http://69.69.103.36/Portals/0/Finance/Final Budget 2012-2013 4-30-12.pdf ) they have already cut 238 cops and 236+ civilian jobs , the fact that vegas has ALMOST 5000 felonious crimes committed every month , yes five thousand , that's around 160 plus a day !!! i,m guessing this city is quickly headed for Detroit status . the numbers come from their own budget report .

i wanted to add the post and add my own 2 cents , if anyone remembers i was the one on ch 13 news , i HAD to start a facebook page and contact the news channels to get the drug dealer across the street from me arrested /gone , it was 2008/09 and even then they refused to do their jobs , we called ( me and the neighbors ) thousands of times , i called in the end once a day at least ( at first it was once a month ) 1 1/2 yrs later i started the facebook page and got it done myself , NOW that they cut all the jobs i cant even imagine how bad it will get .

even more of a case for OC . thanks for letting me vent on my first post !! :D

View attachment 9118

View attachment 9119

You say "vegas," but it looks like it is Clark County that has the "ALMOST 5000 felonious crimes committed every month." Las Vegas City proper is about 1/2 that.

The top two "felonious crimes" in the U.S. are (1) Drug abuse violations; and (2) Driving while Intoxicated ... http://felonyguide.com/List-of-felony-crimes.php

I suspect Clark County's "numbers" would reflect the national trend. So, one would think that Metro's "focus" on crime prevention (actually there's no such thing as "prevention"... the cops show up after the "crime" has been committed), IS on drug ABUSERS and drunk drivers. To that I'd say... good luck Metro!!! Their participation in the "War Against Drugs" is a never ending "war" and has NO "victory" in sight... just like all the other "wars" the federal government has initiated. The "war" is waged against the people... certainly not the drugs. However, they'll continue to put "drug abusers" in jail... jails that currently house more prisoners than any other "civilized" country in the entire world... http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/23/world/americas/23iht-23prison.12253738.html?pagewanted=all

As for the drunk drivers... Metro will continue to put on their dog and pony show of DUI checkpoints... a means to attempt to convince the populace that they're "on the case." When in reality, they'd spend less money and manpower and catch more "drunks" by standard patrolling, etc.

Will Metro have to contend with doing more with less?... yes they will... and sometimes that's a good thing. "Necessity" is the mother of "invention." Will Metro attempt to "scare" the populace as to a perceived inability to "serve and protect" because of a lack of public funds? Of course it will. So what... they're not Constitutionally bound to do either... serve or protect. And if you don't believe that, you might just want to check with our esteemed Supreme Court Justices on the matter.

Last edited: