• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC/CC without permit?

Diesel

I have seen the previous post about PA possibly going Constitutional Carry. A friend of my sister, who lives in southwest PA said that the law passed, and that you do not need a permit to CC anymore in the state. I would appreciate any info on the subject as I do have family in PA and visit them once a year. I do hold an Alaska CCW permit which is honored by PA.

Also, off topic, my sister's friend also mentioned that the hunting laws have changed. In particular, the "Fair Chase" (something like that) law, which only permitted you to hunt with a bolt action. Has this been repealed or amended to allow guns other than bolt action?

Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I have seen the previous post about PA possibly going Constitutional Carry. A friend of my sister, who lives in southwest PA said that the law passed, and that you do not need a permit to CC anymore in the state. I would appreciate any info on the subject as I do have family in PA and visit them once a year. I do hold an Alaska CCW permit which is honored by PA.

Also, off topic, my sister's friend also mentioned that the hunting laws have changed. In particular, the "Fair Chase" (something like that) law, which only permitted you to hunt with a bolt action. Has this been repealed or amended to allow guns other than bolt action?

Thanks for the help.

Constitutional Carry has not happened in PA. and likely will not this go round.
http://www.pagunblog.com/2012/05/04/constitutional-carry-in-pennsylvania-2/

Someone more knowledgeable on PA. game/hunting laws will need to answer your 2nd question.

Diesel

Constitutional Carry has not happened in PA. and likely will not this go round.
http://www.pagunblog.com/2012/05/04/constitutional-carry-in-pennsylvania-2/

Someone more knowledgeable on PA. game/hunting laws will need to answer your 2nd question.

Alright thank you. She wasn't 100% sure it had passed or not, so I thought to ask and find out. Always best to have 2nd, 3rd, or even 4th opinions.
I prefer to hunt with my MP-15 over my Lee-Enfield, because I at least can fit a scope to my MP-15.

Diesel

I thought Alaska was constitutional carry...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Yes Alaska is Constitutional Carry, Just gotta avoid the common sense areas like gov't buildings, courts, k-12 schools, daycares, domestic violence shelters, and private residence. think there is 1 or 2 more. other than that you can carry anywhere with or w/o a permit OC or CC.:D

steve up here we are allow to hunt with semi-auto and that is what my MP-15 is.

Steve in PA

Yes Alaska is Constitutional Carry, Just gotta avoid the common sense areas like gov't buildings, courts, k-12 schools, daycares, domestic violence shelters, and private residence. think there is 1 or 2 more. other than that you can carry anywhere with or w/o a permit OC or CC.:D

steve up here we are allow to hunt with semi-auto and that is what my MP-15 is.

I thought you were refering to PA with regards to the MP-15.

Diesel

Forgot bars and places that sell alcohol. Unless it is a restaurant and the person is not consuming.

Steve, I would like to use my MP-15 to hunt in PA. I could destroy less meat when I hunt. I do have a Lee-Enfield rifle that I hunt with down there. However I get rather nervous and uneasy when I have to put it in checked baggage when I fly down. I got the Enfield from my grandfather so it has alot of sentimental value to me and I don't want to see it "lost". Also the ammo for a MP-15 is alot cheaper and easier to find than ammo for a Enfield (303 British). I guess I could always use my grandfather's 30-06 to hunt with.

Anyways thanks all for the information.