Thread: Aloc/agr

Aloc/agr

To Whom it May Concern:

I am no longer associated with or a part of the forum/group known as ALOC/AGR nor do I desire that my screen name/real name ever be associated with the present forum/organization.

Any inquiries as to my reasons may be addressed to me via PM.
    "Happiness is a warm shotgun!!"
    "I am neither a pessimist nor a cynic. I am, rather, a realist."
    "The most dangerous things I've ever encountered were a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass and a Private who was bored and had time on his hands."

Quote Originally Posted by sfcretired View Post
    to whom it may concern:

I am no longer associated with or a part of the forum/group known as aloc/agr nor do i desire that my screen name/real name ever be associated with the present forum/organization.

Any inquiries as to my reasons may be addressed to me via pm.
    aloc?

Agr?

Quote Originally Posted by DocWalker View Post
    aloc?

Agr?
    Alabama Open Carry and Alabama Gun Rights.

Y'all have fun out there in Idaho.
    "The most dangerous things I've ever encountered were a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass and a Private who was bored and had time on his hands."

Quote Originally Posted by SFCRetired View Post
    Alabama Open Carry and Alabama Gun Rights.

Y'all have fun out there in Idaho.
    Aughhh,

Just love the abriviations, since retirement from the USAF I haven't got to use them as much....lol

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    aloc?

Agr?
    Alabama Open Carry/Alabama Gun Rights?
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Aughhh,

Just love the abriviations, since retirement from the USAF I haven't got to use them as much....lol
    Well, DocWalker, you know how it is. Some of us served in the military and some of you served in the Air Force!!

Last overseas duty station: Bitburg Air Base, Bitburg, Germany. It's closed now, but I had some good times there and some very bad times. For what it is worth, I got more support for my troops from the Air Force than I did from Baumholder MILCOM, the ones who were supposed to be supporting us.

And if you think I pick on the Air Force, you should see what I do to the Marine Corps!!!

Well, DocWalker, you know how it is. Some of us served in the military and some of you served in the Air Force!!

Last overseas duty station: Bitburg Air Base, Bitburg, Germany. It's closed now, but I had some good times there and some very bad times. For what it is worth, I got more support for my troops from the Air Force than I did from Baumholder MILCOM, the ones who were supposed to be supporting us.

And if you think I pick on the Air Force, you should see what I do to the Marine Corps!!!
    Not a problem, I wasn't your typical AF winniee. I worked with the USA a lot, a deployment with the 2nd Ranger Bat. and 6 years at Landstuhl Regional Medical Center in Germany from 1997-2003. With multiple deployments in such exotic locations as Turkey (not Incerlick), Iraq, Afhganistan, Romania, and Hungery. I was an Independent Duty Medical guy and deployed to the most obscure places as the only medical guy out there. Army guys were ok, the Marines were just interesting.....lol

@ DocWalker: I think both of us found the Marines to be "interesting". I had a lot of fun with my Marine students at Redstone Arsenal way back in the Dark Ages.

SFC that's my orange tarp in the background of your avatar. Just thought I'd tell you that since I just realized where that pic was taken.

Banned
    Zinged! Ouch....of course the B-52s I worked on would disagree. When you need it killed RIGHT NOW, who do you call? USAF.

My job? To help vaporize millions of communist men, women, and children ... who could ask for a better job than that!

Other DOD departments are just sore because we got good grub...and that they could not join the USAF due to low test scores...so had to go into the Navy, Army, or Marines (and I still don't consider the Coast Guard to be military service).

And I did not like Germany ... older folks were happy to have us there and young folks hated our guts...

IMO we should pull out all troops from the EU; they're big boys now and can take care of themselves. Besides, the USAF is still around ... to take care of any problems that may arise...

Quote Originally Posted by ALOC1911 View Post
    SFC that's my orange tarp in the background of your avatar. Just thought I'd tell you that since I just realized where that pic was taken.
    Yes, those were some good days. Sorry they ended as they did.

Understand that I know and respect a lot of people who are still there.

Sorry to see you go Sarge. ALOC/AGR will miss you greatly. I certainly enjoyed getting to meet you and your wife at Country's BBQ.

Sarge, as long as you stay involved in OC in Alabama, you need make no apologies to me. Just don't go into that "self-imposed exile" I talked about on the other forum.

There are always other forums/organizations, present and future.

Regular Member Brimstone Baritone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bama View Post
    Sorry to see you go Sarge. ALOC/AGR will miss you greatly. I certainly enjoyed getting to meet you and your wife at Country's BBQ.
    This bears repeating, because people always seem to forget. You may no longer be associated with a website, but you're still part of the Open Carry movement in your area. Please still arrange and attend meetings with other open carriers. We need you.

Edit: Damn OC Ninjas! Get offa my lawn!
    Last edited by Brimstone Baritone; 08-24-2012 at 03:06 AM.
    There was a time that the pieces fit, but I watched them fall away, mildewed and smoldering, strangled by our coveting. I've done the math enough to know the dangers of our second guessing. Doomed to crumble, unless we grow and strengthen our communication. -Tool, "Schism"

I didn't mean to imply that I would turn away from Sarge ( or any other former member of ALOC/AGR) just because they are no longer a part of that forum ( whether voluntary or not.) There were a few members I met that night for the first time in person, I respected them then, and still do now. That is not the only group working towards gun rights in Alabama, we need all the participation we can muster for the ongoing work to restore and protect our rights.

Let me assure everyone that, yes, I will continue to be involved in Open Carry and Firearm Rights here in Alabama. Just not under the aegis of ALOC/AGR as it is presently constituted. I won't repeat my reasons here as I publicly stated them on that website.

Things are changing there for sure. Not sure what may be in the future. I hope to see you again soon Sarge.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Fulmer View Post
    Things are changing there for sure. Not sure what may be in the future. I hope to see you again soon Sarge.
    As I hope to see you, Eddie.

Sarge,
    You're a stand-up guy. Proud to know you. We'll run across each other by and by.

Quote Originally Posted by AirBear View Post
    Sarge,
    You're a stand-up guy. Proud to know you. We'll run across each other by and by.
    1. Thank you. I think the same of you and am proud to have met you.

2. I sincerely hope we do run across each other again.