Thread: OC article - CT Law Tribune

OC article - CT Law Tribune

http://www.ctlawtribune.com/PubArtic...20120720111202

Some good stuff, but again questions arise about what is going on in New Britain:

"I can tell you in my experience, I've had cases where people have not been charged at all, or people have been charged with breach of peace," said Craig C. Fishbein, of the Fishbein Law Firm in Wallingford. "I've never seen one of those cases prosecuted. They've all been dismissed."

Fishbein explained that Connecticut is not a conceal carry state, meaning a person with a permit in the state is not required to keep the weapon hidden from view, despite what many people mistakenly think. He said some municipalities, including New Britain, have enacted their own ordinances banning the carrying of guns in plain view.
    Connecticut Carry is dedicated to advancing and protecting the fundamental civil rights of the men and women of Connecticut to keep and bear arms for self defense of themselves and the state as guaranteed by the United States Constitution and the Constitution of Connecticut.

Join us and discuss the issues: http://ctcarry.com/Forum

Banned
    Someone needs to teach police officers what the laws are...

Someone will learn the hard way when an OCer senses that a cop is out to harm him and takes action.

But there is nothing in the article that is new: Rich has said everything noted in the article again and again over time.

Fishbein noted that police officers can arrest someone for just about anything.

And, no, the police cannot simply arrest folks at their whim and expect no resistance ... a person who is being falsely arrested is legally able to resist. Cops are not our legislature .. they are law enforcement .. not law "make-it-up-as-we-go".

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Someone needs to teach police officers what the laws are...

Someone will learn the hard way when an OCer senses that a cop is out to harm him and takes action.

But there is nothing in the article that is new: Rich has said everything noted in the article again and again over time.

Fishbein noted that police officers can arrest someone for just about anything.

And, no, the police cannot simply arrest folks at their whim and expect no resistance ... a person who is being falsely arrested is legally able to resist. Cops are not our legislature .. they are law enforcement .. not law "make-it-up-as-we-go".
    I would stop promoting resistance against the police, getting old. Sounds like your asking for trouble.
    "Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms." Josey Wales

The proper place to resist LE's illegal action is in court, with the assistance of the law being on your side. In court you will win, if you handle the situation beforehand with decorum.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hermannr View Post
    The proper place to resist LE's illegal action is in court, with the assistance of the law being on your side. In court you will win, if you handle the situation beforehand with decorum.
    Thats OK ... if you live....and its hardly anti-LEO ... its anti-crime.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus42 View Post
    I would stop promoting resistance against the police, getting old. Sounds like your asking for trouble.
    They are not "police" if they are committing a crime, correct? Hardly asking for trouble ... resistance is almost always met by a policeman figuring out that "hey, I pull this crap on this person..I'm outta here".

Police are allowed to yell at you and do other actions that most would consider to be questionable if they were to act the same ... its when they clearly cross the line to illegal activities that a person is able to act to prevent a criminal act from occurring.

http://news.yahoo.com/florida-police...opstories.html