• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC article - CT Law Tribune

Rich B

http://www.ctlawtribune.com/PubArti...isunderstood_Gun_Laws&slreturn=20120720111202

Some good stuff, but again questions arise about what is going on in New Britain:

"I can tell you in my experience, I've had cases where people have not been charged at all, or people have been charged with breach of peace," said Craig C. Fishbein, of the Fishbein Law Firm in Wallingford. "I've never seen one of those cases prosecuted. They've all been dismissed."

Fishbein explained that Connecticut is not a conceal carry state, meaning a person with a permit in the state is not required to keep the weapon hidden from view, despite what many people mistakenly think. He said some municipalities, including New Britain, have enacted their own ordinances banning the carrying of guns in plain view.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Someone needs to teach police officers what the laws are...

Someone will learn the hard way when an OCer senses that a cop is out to harm him and takes action.

But there is nothing in the article that is new: Rich has said everything noted in the article again and again over time.

Fishbein noted that police officers can arrest someone for just about anything.

And, no, the police cannot simply arrest folks at their whim and expect no resistance ... a person who is being falsely arrested is legally able to resist. Cops are not our legislature .. they are law enforcement .. not law "make-it-up-as-we-go".

Tacitus42

Someone needs to teach police officers what the laws are...

Someone will learn the hard way when an OCer senses that a cop is out to harm him and takes action.

But there is nothing in the article that is new: Rich has said everything noted in the article again and again over time.

Fishbein noted that police officers can arrest someone for just about anything.

And, no, the police cannot simply arrest folks at their whim and expect no resistance ... a person who is being falsely arrested is legally able to resist. Cops are not our legislature .. they are law enforcement .. not law "make-it-up-as-we-go".

I would stop promoting resistance against the police, getting old. Sounds like your asking for trouble.

hermannr

The proper place to resist LE's illegal action is in court, with the assistance of the law being on your side. In court you will win, if you handle the situation beforehand with decorum.

davidmcbeth

Banned
The proper place to resist LE's illegal action is in court, with the assistance of the law being on your side. In court you will win, if you handle the situation beforehand with decorum.

Thats OK ... if you live....and its hardly anti-LEO ... its anti-crime.

davidmcbeth

Banned
I would stop promoting resistance against the police, getting old. Sounds like your asking for trouble.

They are not "police" if they are committing a crime, correct? Hardly asking for trouble ... resistance is almost always met by a policeman figuring out that "hey, I pull this crap on this person..I'm outta here".

Police are allowed to yell at you and do other actions that most would consider to be questionable if they were to act the same ... its when they clearly cross the line to illegal activities that a person is able to act to prevent a criminal act from occurring.

http://news.yahoo.com/florida-polic...goes-jail-175620064--abc-news-topstories.html