Thread: no good deed goes unpunished (DQ sword robbery shooting)

no good deed goes unpunished (DQ sword robbery shooting)

http://www.lvrj.com/news/man-wieldin...166702296.html

A masked man wielding a sword tried to rob a central valley Dairy Queen on Sunday afternoon but was shot and killed by an employee ... detectives were investigating whether the gun used by the employee was properly registered.

Banned
    Anytime you use your gun, the po po will try to put you in jail. Sorry, just the way it is.

If you can escape, you should to avoid having to use your gun.

Now this employee will likely lose a job (DQ? who cares) and the employer will be able to say "the employee was fired because the employee shot someone while working" and good luck getting a job after that.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Anytime you use your gun, the po po will try to put you in jail. Sorry, just the way it is.

If you can escape, you should to avoid having to use your gun.

Now this employee will likely lose a job (DQ? who cares) and the employer will be able to say "the employee was fired because the employee shot someone while working" and good luck getting a job after that.
    As I understand it from news reports, this DQ is a family run business, with the son of the owner being the one who shot the dude with the sword. I don't think the shooter has to worry about his father firing him. As usual, the main worry people have as far as negative consequences when lawfully protecting themselves comes from government.

If the firearm is not registered, and if the employee is charged and prosecuted, I will gladly donate some money to the legal defense. We would need more details, but this case might present a good challenge to the registration requirement in the courts. To my knowledge, there haven't been any (or at least not many) other cases where failure to register was the only charge.

This just in.......

Criminals have spread the word not to rob DQ until further notice due to the hazard's of commiting criminal acts. Criminals will have to rob other locations until DQ announces that ALL employees have been disarmed.

Criminal spokesperson said "When the gentleman is fired and all DQ employees are stripped of their rights and means to protect themselves and others the criminals will return to robbing DQ, until then they can expect to be safe from further crimes...."

kind of like Bernard Goetz in NYC...remember him. He shot 4 punks that tried to rob him on the subway. One ended up paralized, one dead...he was changes and tried...the only charge that stuck was possession of an unregistered gun.

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Man I hope he doesn't get railroaded. davidsgot it right though. If there's even the slimmest chance it seems they might get a conviction they will go after you.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand