Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Romney will release tax returns in OCT ??? - political ploy?

Banned

Romney will release tax returns in OCT ??? - political ploy?

Well maybe Romney has some brains after all .... Obamalama has been harping and harping over tax returns for months (seems as if he cannot talk about issues).

So if Mitt coughs up his returns 2 weeks before election then all that bashing would mean nothing but a time waster for the Obamalama campaign.

Of course, I'm still voting for Johnson (I don't think any candidate I have voted for since Reagan has won an office).

i think Romney's tax returns are a ploy by someone who won't even release his school records

by the way a vote for Johnson is half a vote for Soetoro, aka Obama
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by papa bear View Post
    i think Romney's tax returns are a ploy by someone who won't even release his school records

I vote my party, otherwise why declare? ... Obamalama is going to win my state by a landslide...so best to put the GOP on notice to change

Quoting another friend of mine, this is how claims like that sound:
    "Ok, but if you donít vote for Obamney, youíre voting for Rombama."

I vote for who I want, not against who I don't.
    "If we were to ever consider citizenship as the least bit matter of merit instead of birthright, imagine who should be selected as deserved representation of our democracy: someone who would risk their daily livelihood to cast an individually statistically insignificant vote, or those who wrap themselves in the flag against slightest slights." - agenthex

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    A vote for Obamney is a vote for totalitarianism.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by Shoobee View Post
    I suppose you must think universal affordable health care is totalitarianism, while losing your medicare and social security is not?
    Sure, mandating people buy something or get fined by the government... definite step in the totalitarianism direction.

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

They both do have a lot in common.

They both went to Harvard.

They are both very wealthy. Romney inherited most of his, Obama actually earned his.

They both want to raise taxes, Romney on the middle class, Obama on the rich.

They both want to give tax breaks to someone. Romney to the rich, Obama to the middle class.

They are both avowed assault rifle ban advocates. Romney has signed one, Obama said he would.

With Obama you know what you are getting. With Romney it is a pig in a poke.
    And with Johnson I vote my conscience.
    "If we were to ever consider citizenship as the least bit matter of merit instead of birthright, imagine who should be selected as deserved representation of our democracy: someone who would risk their daily livelihood to cast an individually statistically insignificant vote, or those who wrap themselves in the flag against slightest slights." - agenthex

Didn't you hear the US Supreme Court rule on it???

Its a tax. Period. End of story.

Tax is the price of civilization.
    SCOTUS can call it whatever they want. But at the end of the day, it's still a fine.

Of course. It's a tax. And you think it's fine for the government to force you to buy insurance or get taxed because you agree with it.

Would you still be fine if the government said you have to buy a radio receiver capable of picking up government broadcasted messages or you'll be "taxed"?

Don't fall into the trap of supporting government totalitarianism just because you happen to agree with what they are forcing on us right now. The next thing they force on you may be something you don't want.

I guess your beloved President didn't hear the ruling either. The white house says it's still a penalty despite what the court say

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...nalty-not-tax/

Ok it's a tax. The bill that was passed by the house started in the senate. It is UNCONSTITUTIONAL to have a tax start in the senate. ALL tax bills must start in the house.

They both do have a lot in common.

They both went to Harvard.
    well we don't know if pres. Soetoro went to Harvard or not he won't release his records, BTW no one remembers him

They are both very wealthy. Romney inherited most of his, Obama actually earned his.
    Romney did not inherit his wealth he started out in a one room apt. when he first got married. Soeroto went on around the world tours when a doped up collage student. BTW, how did he get the money to attend Harvard

They both want to raise taxes, Romney on the middle class, Obama on the rich
    i'm pretty sure Romney wants to cut spending. Soetoro wants to increase spending with Obamacare by 1.3 trillion $

They both want to give tax breaks to someone. Romney to the rich, Obama to the middle class.

They are both avowed assault rifle ban advocates. Romney has signed one, Obama said he would.
    have to agree with this one. don't like it. but Soeroto did say he will "get gun control under the radar", which is probably what 'fast and furious " was all about

With Obama you know what you are getting. With Romney it is a pig in a poke.
    you are correct, we know exactly what we have in the current regime. more dishonoring America, higher unemployment, buying union support by bailing out failed companies, and more vacations and golf games
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    I vote my party, otherwise why declare? ... Obamalama is going to win my state by a landslide...so best to put the GOP on notice to change
    I declare Republican because I agree with them more that Dem's, but I vote my Conscience; I have never voted straight-party.
    If you do not test yourself every single day,
    then it is just another wasted day.
    --Semper Fi--

Romney did not inherit his wealth he started out in a one room apt. when he first got married. Soeroto went on around the world tours when a doped up collage student. BTW, how did he get the money to attend Harvard
    Where did Romney?

i'm pretty sure Romney wants to cut spending. Soetoro wants to increase spending with Obamacare by 1.3 trillion $
    You mean Romneycare?

you are correct, we know exactly what we have in the current regime. more dishonoring America, higher unemployment, buying union support by bailing out failed companies, and more vacations and golf games
    And we know exactly why we are going to get from Romney. Higher unemployment, buying unions by bailing out failed companies and more vacations and golf games.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lasjayhawk View Post
    Ok it's a tax. The bill that was passed by the house started in the senate. It is UNCONSTITUTIONAL to have a tax start in the senate. ALL tax bills must start in the house.
    I would throw my 2 cents into this ... but I am still reading the bill ... there should be a weight restriction ...

Not sure why you're using Soetoro to describe Barack Obama. Anyway, that 1.3 trillion line is a fabrication:
    http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...lions-deficit/

The cost is 1.3 trillion. It reduces the total deficit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
    Not sure why you're using Soetoro to describe Barack Obama. Anyway, that 1.3 trillion line is a fabrication:
    http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...lions-deficit/

The cost is 1.3 trillion. It reduces the total deficit.
    he became Barry Soetoro when he was adopted by his step father (legally) and became a citizen of Indonesia. when he came to the US he used his name and status as a foreign exchange student to get aide.

can you point out when and where he legally change his name to Barack Hussein Obama ? i would really like to know

BTW, i would not believe anything snopes.com says
    Last edited by papa bear; 08-23-2012 at 11:24 AM.

- unknown

he became Barry Soetoro when he was adopted by his step father (legally) and became a citizen of Indonesia. when he came to the US he used his name and status as a foreign exchange student to get aide.

can you point out when and where he legally change his name to Barack Hussein Obama ? i would really like to know

BTW, i would not believe anything snopes.com says
    Why wouldn't you believe anything on snopes?

I think the burden of proof on the various name/birther derpery is on you. Why should I have to prove that he changed his name? Shouldn't you have to show, first, that his name was ever legally changed from his birth name? Your mother re-marrying doesn't automatically change your name. Also, merely going by a name other than your birth name doesn't legally change your name. I go by "Tim", but my legal name is still "Timothy". Should I ever decide to go back to Timothy, there's nothing I need to do. Why use a different burden for Obama?

snopes.com is a left wing group

here are some other sires for the legal name change

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-.../2704560/posts
    how did Soeroto get a passport if his name was not legal?

http://obamacrimes.com/

if i wanted to fake a birth certificate than Hawaii would be a good choice. but lets stick to things we can prove. when he went to Occidental, he came as an Indonesian citizen with a passport that gave his name as Soeroto. unfortunately Soeroto has spent a lot of money locking all the records. makes you wonder why, hummmm.

- unknown

Political ploy? Romney is a politician, is he not?
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Romney Update (2)

Apparently Romney would take us into Syria:
    ""I think we have to also be ready to take whatever action is necessary to ensure that we do not have any kind of weapon of mass destruction falling into the hands of terrorists and whether that requires troops, or whether that requires other actions by our friends and allies," Romney said in an interview with CBS News." http://news.yahoo.com/romney-open-se...235326324.html
    Another W., chasing WMD's?

On a lighter note:
    "Now, I love being home in this place where Ann and I were raised, where both of us were born. Ann was born in Henry Ford Hospital. I was born in Harper Hospital. No one's ever asked to see my birth certificate," he said drawing laughter and applause. "They know that this is the place that we were born and raised." http://news.yahoo.com/obama-campaign...-politics.html
    Romney seems interested in appealing to the lowest common denominator in the Right, instead of: Talking about the Economy. Run with it Romney. Romney 2012.
    Last edited by Beretta92FSLady; 08-25-2012 at 12:45 AM.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Apparently Romney would take us into Syria:

Another W., chasing WMD's?

On a lighter note:

Romney seems interested in appealing to the lowest common denominator in the Right, instead of: Talking about the Economy. Run with it Romney. Romney 2012.
    And instead of talking about the issues, all Obama is doing is attacking Romney. They're both guilty of the same crime.

Prefer not to start another thread...

Apparently there are some rule changes being made for those who don't whole-heartedly embrace Romney-Ryan:

Aides to Mr. Romney said on Monday evening that they had reached a compromise with conservative activists who had rebelled against efforts by the Republican establishment to make it harder for candidates outside the mainstream to collect national delegates at the next convention.
    But grumblings persist among some delegates and other conservatives who say they do not trust Mr. Romney and organizers of the convention to have their interests at heart.
    In an early-morning post on her Facebook page Tuesday, Sarah Palin, the former governor of Alaska, assailed “the controversial rule change” that was originally pushed by Mr. Romney’s team as a “direct attack on grass-roots activists by the G.O.P. establishment.” She said it “must be rejected.”
    Fliers left under the doors of some hotel rooms where delegates were staying denounced “dangerous new party rules” and asserted that “the grass roots of your state are under attack.” http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/29/us...e.html?_r=1&hp
    So, let me get this straight: The Republicans/GOP (same coin), are censoring dissent from the fringe-Right of the party? Out the gate, the first thing that springs to mind is how much of the censorship will bleed into the White House, that is, if Romney takes the White House.--he's not off to a good start with p!ssing the bedrock of his party off.

A NYT commenter:
    • DeVon
    • Atlanta, GA

Worry not republicans, the Ron Paul supporters will get back in line with all the other republicans after the convention. They're just acting out to get attention.

Last edited by Beretta92FSLady; 08-28-2012 at 03:14 PM.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

so then you contradicted yourself. you said obama is going to cut taxes for the middle class. yet right here you admit, he is raising taxes on them.

furthermore, you previous post is litered with fallacies.

Obama has, and will raise taxes on everybody, including the poor and middle class.

Romney's plan is to cut taxes for everybody, including the porr and middle class. he also plans to get rid of loopholes and deductions, leaving the top tax rate on the "rich" pretty much the same as it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by osmanobma View Post
    so then you contradicted yourself. you said obama is going to cut taxes for the middle class. yet right here you admit, he is raising taxes on them.

furthermore, you previous post is litered with fallacies.

Obama has, and will raise taxes on everybody, including the poor and middle class.

Romney's plan is to cut taxes for everybody, including the porr and middle class. he also plans to get rid of loopholes and deductions, leaving the top tax rate on the "rich" pretty much the same as it is now.
    If taxes must be raised on all income levels, then let it happen. We are in debt, and supported two perpetual wars, now we have to pay for it. Romney is a lying piece of crapola if he thinks he can cut taxes...I wonder what will happen to the deficit?--hmmm, anyone, anyone...wait, money grows on trees, right?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast