• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Romney will release tax returns in OCT ??? - political ploy?

papa bear

Not sure why you're using Soetoro to describe Barack Obama. Anyway, that 1.3 trillion line is a fabrication:
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...romney-says-obamacare-adds-trillions-deficit/

The cost is 1.3 trillion. It reduces the total deficit.

he became Barry Soetoro when he was adopted by his step father (legally) and became a citizen of Indonesia. when he came to the US he used his name and status as a foreign exchange student to get aide.

can you point out when and where he legally change his name to Barack Hussein Obama ? i would really like to know

BTW, i would not believe anything snopes.com says

Last edited:

Tawnos

he became Barry Soetoro when he was adopted by his step father (legally) and became a citizen of Indonesia. when he came to the US he used his name and status as a foreign exchange student to get aide.

can you point out when and where he legally change his name to Barack Hussein Obama ? i would really like to know

BTW, i would not believe anything snopes.com says

Why wouldn't you believe anything on snopes?

I think the burden of proof on the various name/birther derpery is on you. Why should I have to prove that he changed his name? Shouldn't you have to show, first, that his name was ever legally changed from his birth name? Your mother re-marrying doesn't automatically change your name. Also, merely going by a name other than your birth name doesn't legally change your name. I go by "Tim", but my legal name is still "Timothy". Should I ever decide to go back to Timothy, there's nothing I need to do. Why use a different burden for Obama?

papa bear

snopes.com is a left wing group

here are some other sires for the legal name change

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-bloggers/2704560/posts
how did Soeroto get a passport if his name was not legal?

http://obamacrimes.com/

if i wanted to fake a birth certificate than Hawaii would be a good choice. but lets stick to things we can prove. when he went to Occidental, he came as an Indonesian citizen with a passport that gave his name as Soeroto. unfortunately Soeroto has spent a lot of money locking all the records. makes you wonder why, hummmm.

Beretta92FSLady

Romney Update (2)

Apparently Romney would take us into Syria:
""I think we have to also be ready to take whatever action is necessary to ensure that we do not have any kind of weapon of mass destruction falling into the hands of terrorists and whether that requires troops, or whether that requires other actions by our friends and allies," Romney said in an interview with CBS News." http://news.yahoo.com/romney-open-sending-troops-syria-235326324.html

Another W., chasing WMD's?

On a lighter note:
"Now, I love being home in this place where Ann and I were raised, where both of us were born. Ann was born in Henry Ford Hospital. I was born in Harper Hospital. No one's ever asked to see my birth certificate," he said drawing laughter and applause. "They know that this is the place that we were born and raised." http://news.yahoo.com/obama-campaign-america-doesnt-birther-chief-013148458--abc-news-politics.html

Romney seems interested in appealing to the lowest common denominator in the Right, instead of: Talking about the Economy. Run with it Romney. Romney 2012.

Last edited:

Jack House

Apparently Romney would take us into Syria:

Another W., chasing WMD's?

On a lighter note:

Romney seems interested in appealing to the lowest common denominator in the Right, instead of: Talking about the Economy. Run with it Romney. Romney 2012.
And instead of talking about the issues, all Obama is doing is attacking Romney. They're both guilty of the same crime. :rolleyes:

Beretta92FSLady

Prefer not to start another thread...

Apparently there are some rule changes being made for those who don't whole-heartedly embrace Romney-Ryan:

Aides to Mr. Romney said on Monday evening that they had reached a compromise with conservative activists who had rebelled against efforts by the Republican establishment to make it harder for candidates outside the mainstream to collect national delegates at the next convention.
But grumblings persist among some delegates and other conservatives who say they do not trust Mr. Romney and organizers of the convention to have their interests at heart.
In an early-morning post on her Facebook page Tuesday, Sarah Palin, the former governor of Alaska, assailed “the controversial rule change” that was originally pushed by Mr. Romney’s team as a “direct attack on grass-roots activists by the G.O.P. establishment.” She said it “must be rejected.”
Fliers left under the doors of some hotel rooms where delegates were staying denounced “dangerous new party rules” and asserted that “the grass roots of your state are under attack.” http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/29/u...eady-to-anoint-romney-as-nominee.html?_r=1&hp

So, let me get this straight: The Republicans/GOP (same coin), are censoring dissent from the fringe-Right of the party? Out the gate, the first thing that springs to mind is how much of the censorship will bleed into the White House, that is, if Romney takes the White House.--he's not off to a good start with p!ssing the bedrock of his party off.

A NYT commenter:
  • DeVon
  • Atlanta, GA

Worry not republicans, the Ron Paul supporters will get back in line with all the other republicans after the convention. They're just acting out to get attention.

Last edited:

osmanobma

Didn't you hear the US Supreme Court rule on it???

Its a tax. Period. End of story.

Tax is the price of civilization.

so then you contradicted yourself. you said obama is going to cut taxes for the middle class. yet right here you admit, he is raising taxes on them.

furthermore, you previous post is litered with fallacies.

Obama has, and will raise taxes on everybody, including the poor and middle class.

Romney's plan is to cut taxes for everybody, including the porr and middle class. he also plans to get rid of loopholes and deductions, leaving the top tax rate on the "rich" pretty much the same as it is now.

Beretta92FSLady

so then you contradicted yourself. you said obama is going to cut taxes for the middle class. yet right here you admit, he is raising taxes on them.

furthermore, you previous post is litered with fallacies.

Obama has, and will raise taxes on everybody, including the poor and middle class.

Romney's plan is to cut taxes for everybody, including the porr and middle class. he also plans to get rid of loopholes and deductions, leaving the top tax rate on the "rich" pretty much the same as it is now.

If taxes must be raised on all income levels, then let it happen. We are in debt, and supported two perpetual wars, now we have to pay for it. Romney is a lying piece of crapola if he thinks he can cut taxes...I wonder what will happen to the deficit?--hmmm, anyone, anyone...wait, money grows on trees, right?

Tawnos

snopes.com is a left wing group
I'm sure you have some source, cite, evidence, etc of this, right? You're not just saying that because they tend to take apart the viral emails you love to forward?

here are some other sires for the legal name change

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-bloggers/2704560/posts
how did Soeroto get a passport if his name was not legal?
Let me get this straight... you're saying that receiving "an email from a reliable source ... who said he received an interesting email from a US naval officer, who obtained a fascinating letter from an IRS examiner" is at all legitimate? We go from "reliable" to "interesting" to "fascinating" then right back to "reliable", all without name, evidence, etc. That's not a source, it's a tall tale that seems to get taller with each link in the chain (I saw on a forum that a person read an article that a guy got an email from a source who received an email from a US naval officer who received a letter from an IRS examiner that said that you're a doo-doo head... With that kind of pedigree, who could doubt such claims?!).

That's just a whack-job conspiracy theory, and you're grasping at straws.

And this would just be more crazy than I can handle .

if i wanted to fake a birth certificate than Hawaii would be a good choice. but lets stick to things we can prove. when he went to Occidental, he came as an Indonesian citizen with a passport that gave his name as Soeroto. unfortunately Soeroto has spent a lot of money locking all the records. makes you wonder why, hummmm.

You have evidence, then, that these claims are true, and not merely allegations? I suppose you also think 9/11 was an inside job, that chemtrails are real, the moon landings were faked, and there are aliens at Roswell, amongst other conspiracy theories?

NC_Kevin

The real issue for me is the economy. Aside from a few teenage jobs at ice-cream stands and gift shops, Obama has little private sector experience. He has no financial experience. We can throw stones all we want to, folks, the fact of the matter is that we need someone who can lead us on the right path financially. We as Americans, not as political paries, should look at facts.

Fact #1 is that OUR debt, the debt of OUR country, exceeds our Gross Domestic Product. Our debt : GDP ratio is 104% - For my family of 4, My government is in debt over $200,000.00 and rising, thats for my wife and me and our two sons who are less than 2 years old.... $50,000.00 per person! My government owes more for my family of 4 than I owe for my family of 4!!!!

Fact #2 is that, even though our debt exceeds our ability to pay it back, our government is still "giving" money away! The current administration has NO PLAN on stopping it - but promises to increase that debt by giving more to folks who choose to do less!!!

Fact #3 Federal pensions are costing us 1/3 as much as defense!!! Neither Political party is talking about that, though.....

Fact #4 Our current administration has not negotiated a SINGLE free trade agreement for exporting anything to any country since it's taken office - Not One - It's not that we don't have resources or product to export, it's just that OUR ECONOMY hasn't been as important as HEALTHCARE and SOLYNDRA - if Solyndra doesn't piss you off - then I'm not sure you can call yourself American....

Fact #5 Until we can get over the freaking political partys and vote for the person who does have some financial sense, we'll continue to be screwed.

I'm as concerned about rights as the next person, but we can't worry about race, religion, or other crap like origin of birth right now - right now we need to vote to promote the economical well being of our nation - We are in a serious mess -
I look at it this way - if I can't pay back all that I owe, someone somewhere is going to come get what's rightfully theirs since i couldn't pay for it.... What's the difference in me not being able to pay my bills and my government not being able to pay theirs?

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
...You mean Romneycare?...

Now, I'm no Romney fan, but there is a huge difference between a state organizing their own welfare system and the US federal government organizing one and shoving it down states' throats.

Jack House

Now, I'm no Romney fan, but there is a huge difference between a state organizing their own welfare system and the US federal government organizing one and shoving it down states' throats.
That wasn't really the point. Obamacare is similar to Romneycare. But even so, watch the video I linked. Romney supported the fed adopting his bill.

Beretta92FSLady

Romney Running Against Republican Agenda? Romney-on-Romney, "[I hate that guy!]"

Romney don't care much for Ryan, and his damned policies.

But today Mitt Romney said Ryan, the man he picked as his running mate on the Republican presidential ticket, and other House GOP leaders made a "big mistake" in agreeing to that deal, which was part of the summer 2011 negotiations over raising the debt ceiling.
Romney said the $1.2 in mandated cuts was "an extraordinary miscalculation in the wrong direction."

"Republican leaders agreed to that deal to the extend the debt ceiling," NBC's David Gregory reminded Romney.

"And that's a big mistake," Romney said. "I thought it was a mistake on the part of the White House to propose it. I think it was a mistake for Republicans to go along with it."

http://news.yahoo.com/romney-slams-...-vp-nominee-234717289--abc-news-politics.html

Romney gives props to Clinton's speech:

Clinton's speech at the Democratic National Convention on Wednesday ridiculed the policy proposals of Mitt Romney and his running mate Paul Ryan as setting the pace for a "you're-on-your-own, winner-take-all society."
"He did stand out in contrast with the other speakers," Romney told NBC's "Meet the Press" in an interview airing Sunday.
"And, frankly, the contrast may not have been as attractive as Barack Obama might have preferred if he were choosing who'd go before him and who'd go after."

Next week: Romney debates Romney on Tax Havens, makes potent argument for tax increases for wealthy, and barring Republicans from public speaking.

Beretta92FSLady

Romney on Obamacare.

"Well, I'm not getting rid of all of healthcare reform," Romney said in an interview on NBC's "Meet the Press."

"Of course there are a number of things that I like in healthcare reform that I'm going to put in place," he said. "One is to make sure that those with pre-existing conditions can get coverage."
http://news.yahoo.com/mitt-romney-not-getting-rid-health-care-reform-234959138.html

Let me get this straight: Republicans are against Obamacare, and have been seething these past few years over it. But Romney is not going to get rid of Obamacare...I thought Romney was a Republican; I was under the impression that Romney is going to win the election--Romney wins election in support of Obamacare?

It's a strange world.