• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Northwest Citizens Defense League (NWCDL.org)

Bill Starks

State Researcher
Some of you probably don't even know this site even exists.... NWCDL never took off like some of the CDL's in other states. A couple of years ago I took over NWCDL.org from JoeRocket. There is a lot of info available on the site for new and old members alike. However, traffic for the last year has fallen off and we are no longer getting the donations to cover the maintenance costs. In light of that I have to ask;

1). Should the site be shut down?

2). does anyone else want to take it over?

Monthly maintenance fees are $9.95 a month thru Host Gator (we get unlimited disk space & bandwidth)
Yearly domain renewal fees run about $60 (.com, .org, .net)

With Youtube & Facebook and a few other online media sites I really don't see a reason to keep this up and running, except as a FTP storage site since we get unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

WOD

I know about it and have it bookmarked, and I even tried to register there. I don't think the registration ever went through, so I really don't participate there. Between OCDO an WaGuns.org, many of the issues covered on NWCDL can be discussed, so I don't see why it needs to be a resource drain. If you can contact the frequent users of NWCDL, they might have a different opinion though, maybe they would be more inclined to keep the site alive.

FrayedString

One thing I'll put out there. I recently moved all of the domains & hosting I have from GoDaddy to namecheap.com. They have a basic hosting package (25 gig of storage and unlimited bandwidth) for $3.45 a month. If nothing else it could save a nickel to find a different host.