• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Friends' Events

ncwabbit

While there are those who will cough up hairballs…

The next couple of months are big for North Carolina’s Friends of the NRA’s fund raising events. Friends gives out GRANTS to organizations throughout NC in support of worthwhile shooting activities in a myriad of NC counties each year. Cost to attend is minimal compared to the return on investment back to NC’s shooting activities.

Therefore, for your benefit the following link provides a by city of the Friends’ events scheduled through the end of October. Perhaps our paths will cross at the local event near you.

http://www.friendsofnra.org/Events.aspx?sid=34

Wabbit

25-06shooter

I am going to try to go to the one in Clemmons. We have ours the first Saturday in February every year. Several of the local shooting teams benefit from it, and we put on two Women on Target events and one Youth on Target event with grants we recieve from the money raised.

These banquets are a great opertunity to help support the local shooting sports while purchasing NRA endorsed and logoed items.........and maybe win some guns in the process!

ncwabbit

Wayne county's awards for a $300 ticket and $1k corp table are quite impressive this year. I am going to submit a grant application or two for several non-profit organizations i volunteer my time toward.

wabbit

lannie

Grants are being being considered for Johnston County thru 11/13/2011. This for money made from our Jonston County Friends of the NRA Banquet last May.
We have started planning for the 2012 Banquet (May 13th 2012).
For grant information contact one of our committee members, or go to www.nrafoundation.org/grants/state.asp

If you wish to volunteer and serve on our committee; we will be meeting on 11/13/2012 at Holts Lake BBQ in Smithfield,NC at 6:30 PM.

Lannie Godwin Co-Chairman
lanniegodwin@embarqmail.com
919-601-2493