• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

just joined the OC crowd

Numenor

I have had my CHP for a bit over a month, but this was the first time I have openly carried. To say I am surprised at the non-issue it has been so far is an understatement. As with my first time CCing I performed the Wally Walk at the one next to Regency Square Mall... Not a single comment by anyone. And now I am sitting down at my favorite mexican restaurant, Don Pedros 3. Again... nothing.

I think I need to do this more often. =)

Last edited:

Tanner

Most of the time there would be no problems. Only one I had was at wing command off hull st. The guy asked me to CC next time I came in. He was polite but I still let him know I wouldent be back unless I could OC. Just yesterday I was at a gamestop and the guy at the register complemented my "pretty" 1911.....Thats a first for me. Even more so because it is far from "pretty" none the less it was a good experience. Enjoy

p.s is don pedros off of hull st?

Last edited:

Tess

Founder's Club Member
I have had my CHP for a bit over a month, but this was the first time I have openly carried. To say I am surprised at the non-issue it has been so far is an understatement. As with my first time CCing I performed the Wally Walk at the one next to Regency Square Mall... Not a single comment by anyone. And now I am sitting down at my favorite me,ican restaurant, Don Pedros 3. Again... nothing.

Welcome to the OC crowd, and congratulations!

Now time to find some of the OC get-togethers (or start one) and learn how easy it is for entire groups of people to go without comment. Or with only positive comments. It happens a lot!

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
I have had my CHP for a bit over a month, but this was the first time I have openly carried. To say I am surprised at the non-issue it has been so far is an understatement. As with my first time CCing I performed the Wally Walk at the one next to Regency Square Mall... Not a single comment by anyone. And now I am sitting down at my favorite me,ican restaurant, Don Pedros 3. Again... nothing.

Welcome...

1. I am proud of you.. You KNOW the Wally Walk so it means you actually read some of the posts here before asking the same old "Is Open carry Legal? How old to I have to be? Can I OC in a car? etc etc etc.
2. I suggest picking up a nice audio recorder and having it on and RECORDING anytime you OC.
3. I'd be happy to send you some OC info cards if you would like.

Ed

Numenor

Most of the time there would be no problems. Only one I had was at wing command off hull st. The guy asked me to CC next time I came in. He was polite but I still let him know I wouldent be back unless I could OC. Just yesterday I was at a gamestop and the guy at the register complemented my "pretty" 1911.....Thats a first for me. Even more so because it is far from "pretty" none the less it was a good experience. Enjoy

p.s is don pedros off of hull st?

It's one of three Don Pedros. This one is right near my apartment (basically across the street) on Quioccasin: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Don-Pedro-3/155118344538585

Welcome to the OC crowd, and congratulations!

Now time to find some of the OC get-togethers (or start one) and learn how easy it is for entire groups of people to go without comment. Or with only positive comments. It happens a lot!

Definitely want to do this some time soon. Sadly I'm going to be in NC next week so I'm going to miss the ones mentioned already. Might just have to see about setting one up myself. =)

Welcome...

1. I am proud of you.. You KNOW the Wally Walk so it means you actually read some of the posts here before asking the same old "Is Open carry Legal? How old to I have to be? Can I OC in a car? etc etc etc.
2. I suggest picking up a nice audio recorder and having it on and RECORDING anytime you OC.
3. I'd be happy to send you some OC info cards if you would like.

Ed

Hahaha, actually I learned about the Wally Walk from both here and USACarry. Trust me, over the past two months since I put in for, and was issued, my CHP I've been doing a LOT of reading regarding the laws of CC and OC. As a matter of fact, I went down to the State Capitol to take a tour last week for the first time and to exercise those rights we have. =)

I'd definitely be interested in the OC info cards. I assume you suggest the recorder for the odd chance someone calls the cops on me or so forth?

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
I assume you suggest the recorder for the odd chance someone calls the cops on me or so forth?

More of the So Forth... In case you have someone get nasty with you, or pull a Trevon Martin.. you need a digital witness that can help you and your attorney with timeline, dialog and facts.. when it goes down.. that will all become a blur.

But then there is the occasional comment, both good and bad that are fun to upload here for next day armchair review and comment.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
There is an Open Carry Dinner once a month and usually a Saturday breakfast.
Watch the stickies for them and welcome.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Another welcome to OCDO and the fun of OCing.

Aghain, nobody has mentioned it yet - I guess I have actually been elected to do it -

Go to www.vcdl.org and sign up for the free VA-ALERT newsletter. Join VDCL. Stop by the VCDL table at the gunshows and say Hi to the folks volunteering.

Block out the MLK Monday Holiday for attending Lobby Day.

Hope to meet you at one of the meet&greet events (Saturday breakfast, monthly dinner).

stay safe.

va_tazdad

Always room for more

Welcome aboard!

You will find many intelligent and interesting individuals here with a wealth of information they are more than willing to share. The weekly breakfasts and monthly dinners are always interesting. Good food and good fellowship with like minded people.

There are a few posters that may rub you the wrong way, but overall, it is a great asset for current information.

Some posters joke with each other and it may be about something that has happened in the past, but there is usually very little animosity.

;>)