Thread: I tip my glass

I tip my glass

I tip my glass to those who paved the way. Those who took on the nay sayers and stood up for their rights. The ones who blazed the trail and made it so people like me, when starting to OC, Don't here any negative comments and can basically go anywhere without negative ramifications. To the trail blazers I salute you!
    My reasons to OC
    1. to raise awareness of the legality of open carry in Michigan
    2. To raise awareness that good people carry guns
    3. A deterrent to people so that I won't be targeted
    4. Because it's more comfortable than CC in most situations
    5. Because I can and want to
    6. Because it's perfectly legal
    7. Self defense

I raise a glass of cold Mt. Dew in honor of all open carriers who have braved, are braving, and will brave, all the slings and arrows in defense of the right to bear arms.
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

Same from me!

Quote Originally Posted by Raggs View Post
    so people like me, when starting to OC, Don't here any negative comments and can basically go anywhere without negative ramifications.
    Carry and use recording devices. While the general environment is a lot better than it was a mere few years ago, there will never be a time when you no longer need to record your time spent open carrying in public.

Even recent posts of open carriers being arrested or accosted by rogue officers prove that.
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

“He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.”--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

Re: I tip my glass

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Carry and use recording devices. While the general environment is a lot better than it was a mere few years ago, there will never be a time when you no longer need to record your time spent open carrying in public.

Even recent posts of open carriers being arrested or accosted by rogue officers prove that.
    I agree. Who has been arrested?
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer – I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by DrTodd View Post
    I agree. Who has been arrested?
    Sean Combs. Where have you been?
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

“He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.”--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Sean Combs. Where have you been?
    Yeah! That guy is my hero!

Banned
    Me too. A salute to those who continue after they have been opposed. Those, you can take more seriously.

Yea mine too, wherever he is....

Quote Originally Posted by M1fan1942 View Post
    Yeah! That guy is my hero!
    Exo 22:2 "If anyone catches a thief breaking in and hits him so that he dies, he is not guilty of murder.
    Luke 22:36: "Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luk 11:21 "When a strong man, with all his weapons ready, guards his own house, all his belongings are safe.

Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Raggs View Post
    I tip my glass to those who paved the way. Those who took on the nay sayers and stood up for their rights. The ones who blazed the trail and made it so people like me, when starting to OC, Don't here any negative comments and can basically go anywhere without negative ramifications. To the trail blazers I salute you!
    please don't tip your glass, you might spill your drink. you may, however, tip your hat or raise your glass without making a mess.
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/