Thread: More from CU Bldr.

More from CU Bldr.

I see a lawsuit in the making and a student getting Collage for free. Or a teacher looking for a new job.

http://www.dailycamera.com/cu-news/c...cancel-classes

Quote Originally Posted by Dilligad316 View Post
    I see a lawsuit in the making and a student getting Collage for free. Or a teacher looking for a new job.

Once again another liberal making a big deal out of nothing. Last semester I carried my gun into every class at CU and nobody knew, and nobody will know. Nobody should ever discover you have a firearm if you are carrying CONCEALED!

I think he is just giving students incentive to carry guns and then tell people about them on test days!

Yeah, because after all, heated "controversial" subjects lead to gunfire. Just like they always break out in brawls at least 12 times a semester.

I just started at UCCS today and am in the process of getting my CC permit (and paying a finacial cost for my right to protect myself which just seems wrong). I debated if I should let my instructors know but after reading this, forget it.

Seems like some of the readers in the article comments don't realize that not all students are in their late-teens or early 20's. Some of us are retired military members branching out in a new direction in life. I see a lot of current and former armed service personnel here at the Colorado Springs campus and hope they are CCing.

The really stupid thing about this is how much money CU is going to waste fighting this, either through law suits or rewriting all the rules and setting up special zones instead of just accepting that can carry a firearm and let it go.

I would love to see some of the students walk up to the professor that was mentioned and say "I'm carrying concealed" and let him cancel the class. They don't have to carry a gun at all, just tell him they are, and do it everyday. When a few students start threatening legal action for money lost, CU will give this dumbass the option of either quitting or shutting the f*ck up.
    Last edited by zwvirtual; 08-21-2012 at 02:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mahkagari View Post
    Yeah, because after all, heated "controversial" subjects lead to gunfire. Just like they always break out in brawls at least 12 times a semester.
    Did ya notice the subject this moron "teaches?" Physics. What exactly is all that controversial about physics? BTW, I have a degree in physics. I don't remember one discussion that ever got that heated while I was in school.

Aside from that, it's the standard idiots and sheep. "IF the sign says no guns, then I'm ok! Cause criminals who don't obey laws will obey a sign on the door."

Quote Originally Posted by mobiushky View Post
    Did ya notice the subject this moron "teaches?" Physics. What exactly is all that controversial about physics? BTW, I have a degree in physics. I don't remember one discussion that ever got that heated while I was in school.

Aside from that, it's the standard idiots and sheep. "IF the sign says no guns, then I'm ok! Cause criminals who don't obey laws will obey a sign on the door."
    My first physics prof actually wanted to bring in a rifle and a cinderblock to create a demonstration of how physics works in the real world. Funny, the admins didn't think it was so good an idea. Personally I think it would have actually engaged the class far more than any other project we did.

I would like to see this happen, and then some students sue the University for breech of contract.

Can you see someone walking up the the professor every day before class, and saying "I am carrying a concealed weapon."

Or how about passing out tee shirts to several friends that announce that they have a CHP (Whether they do or not.)

Would hilarity ensue?

you are forgetting it is the People's Republic of Boulder and expecting something different?

why give the man any more minutes of fame...?

wabbit
    But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most...
    A person who has for untold centuries maintained the imposing position of spiritual head of four-fifths of the human race...
    All religions issue bibles against him, and say the most injurious things about him, but we never hear his side. (twain)

Protons are bound together in a nucleus even though like forces repel BECAUSE GOD SAYS SO!!

Quote Originally Posted by mahkagari View Post
    Protons are bound together in a nucleus even though like forces repel BECAUSE GOD SAYS SO!!
    I know this is "tongue in cheek" but protons are bound in a nucleus with neutrons. And the atom has to have an equal number of electrons to balance the forces or the atom is unstable. The strong and weak atomic forces are not exactly the equivalent of magnetic forces. The bond between neutron and proton is far greater than the repulsive forces of the protons. That's why a fission bomb is so powerful.

I know this is "tongue in cheek" but protons are bound in a nucleus with neutrons. And the atom has to have an equal number of electrons to balance the forces or the atom is unstable. The strong and weak atomic forces are not exactly the equivalent of magnetic forces. The bond between neutron and proton is far greater than the repulsive forces of the protons. That's why a fission bomb is so powerful.
    Allow me to respond with a rebuttal from scripture: Nuh-uh!

I'm far from having any geek cred in physics, but clearly introducing a firearm into this scenario would automatically result in a blood bath.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5nh2...eature=related
    Last edited by mahkagari; 08-21-2012 at 03:53 PM.

BTW, I have a degree in physics.
    Maybe you can answer a question I've had for a long time: If you get busted in a speed trap, the cop knows your speed. But does he know where you were when he measured that speed? I mean, if he got a really, really accurate speed, you could be anywhere, right?

O2
    Last edited by O2HeN2; 08-21-2012 at 05:09 PM.
    When seconds count, the police are mere minutes away...
    They'll never take your "hunting rifle", they'll call it a "sniper rifle" first.
    Zero failures comes at infinite cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Dilligad316 View Post

Looks like they are putting a stop to the gun debate already. Glad to see they know to stand up for peoples rights.

http://www.dailycamera.com/cu-news/c...asses-over-gun

Quote Originally Posted by O2HeN2 View Post
    Maybe you can answer a question I've had for a long time: If you get busted in a speed trap, the cop knows your speed. But does he know where you were when he measured that speed? I mean, if he got a really, really accurate speed, you could be anywhere, right?

O2
    You'd have to talk to Heisenberg about that one.... See even physics geeks have a sense of humor.

Oh, but I will say this...

http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/local_n...peeding-ticket

Yeah! Go physics!

Quote Originally Posted by Zakaris
    Seems like some of the readers in the article comments don't realize that not all students are in their late-teens or early 20's.
    I was listening to something on NPR yesterday as I was driving home from the range (yes, I'm a mess of contradictions ) & they mentioned that only about 20% of college students are the stereotypical just-out-of-high-school sorts, not yet 21yo.

So depending on the campus, time of day, etc., it's possible that close to 80% of people you see would be eligible for a cc license.
    That is what worries criminals.
    Last edited by MKEgal; 08-22-2012 at 01:20 PM.