Thread: I emailed the State Fair of Virginia about their gun rules since they have new owners

I emailed the State Fair of Virginia about their gun rules since they have new owners

tickets@statefairva.org

Before I take the drive up there, since you have had a change of ownership, do you still bar legally armed citizens from entry? If so I'll keep my money in my wallet. Either way I look forward to your answer so that I can inform as many people as possible which stance (pro-freedom or active shooter empowerment zone) your organization has taken.

Thank you,
    Yeah, slightly abrasive, but hey at least they know where I stand.

Anybody else want to "tickle the elephant" before they get around to replying?
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

I emailed the State Fair of Virginia about their gun rules since they have new owners

Nice, I'll send them a little note as well.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Anyone writing might just suggest they remain silent on the issue. No need to address the issue. Let State Law prevail, and refuse to comment, if asked for a statement.

TFred

Quote Originally Posted by TFred View Post
    Anyone writing might just suggest they remain silent on the issue. No need to address the issue. Let State Law prevail, and refuse to comment, if asked for a statement.

TFred
    Great point TFred! Very similar to the stance VCDL was hoping the Richmond library would take. Luckily, I just got home from work and haven't sent my note yet so I'll amend it accordingly.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    Great point TFred! Very similar to the stance VCDL was hoping the Richmond library would take. Luckily, I just got home from work and haven't sent my note yet so I'll amend it accordingly.
    It's seemed to work for Starbucks ok.

TFred

Ok newbie stupid question coming sound the alarm!!! Is the state fair a private or public event. This is acctually a deeper question than it sounds but im sure it will all come out without me asking a million questions. What im really getting at is if this event is in part or at all paid for with tax money. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tanner View Post
    Ok newbie stupid question coming sound the alarm!!! Is the state fair a private or public event. This is acctually a deeper question than it sounds but im sure it will all come out without me asking a million questions. What im really getting at is if this event is in part or at all paid for with tax money. Thanks
    State fair is just a name. The Fair has nothing to do with the Commonwealth of Virginia. It is a public event, however property owner rights still apply. Since the issue has been brought up I am sure they will now have a policy regarding carry of firearms. For years the old fair did not have a policy until the issue was pressed.

FYI, the Fair is in a partnership 50/50 with the Virginia Farm Bureau this year.

Here's the thing. Last year, and for some time prior, they had rules banning the lawful carry of firearms. Now they have new owners. Their rules are not posted on their website. So, I asked. They can't make things any worse.

I kicked out an E-mail. Lets see what happens. I'm tired and cynical this morning. Hope it didn't show in my letter.

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    Here's the thing. Last year, and for some time prior, they had rules banning the lawful carry of firearms. Now they have new owners. Their rules are not posted on their website. So, I asked. They can't make things any worse.
    Sure they can. They can post rules saying no firearms....

Roscoe
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good." - George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by roscoe13 View Post
    Sure they can. They can post rules saying no firearms....

Roscoe
    That wouldn't be worse as those are the same as last yrs.
    I sincerley hope they post all their rules on their website especially if they are going to keep the same rules as past yrs (hope not), as I would hate to make the drive only to find out I'm not welcomed.

Isn't this a duplicate posting????
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ut-the-gun-ban
    Last edited by Marco; 08-22-2012 at 11:02 AM.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    That wouldn't be worse as those are the same as last yrs.
    I sincerley hope they post all their rules on their website especially if they are going to keep the same rules as past yrs (hope not), as I would hate to make the drive only to find out I'm not welcomed.
    That's one of those rules I always wondered who made Marco.

I understand not asking a shopkeeper to post the property but carrying the "Don't ask" guideline across the board, is silly!

Many of us have to drive hours to get to some of these things. In the case of the Fair, if I got there and wasn't allowed to carry, it would either mean turning around and going home or eating my principals and leaving the gun in the car.
    Last edited by peter nap; 08-22-2012 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Not exactly. This post is about asking the Fair what their rules are.

The referenced post is about asking FB to alter existing rules.

To date I have not received a response from either inquiry.

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    Not exactly. This post is about asking the Fair what their rules are.

The referenced post is about asking FB to alter existing rules.

To date I have not received a response from either inquiry.

Yep.. I noticed the difference after I posted.... I haven't received a reply from FB yet either.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Banned
    should ask if they have a specific prohibition on felons from entering or chemical weapons or people who are mean or one-eyed people etc

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    In the case of the Fair, if I got there and wasn't allowed to carry, it would either mean turning around and going home or eating my principals and leaving the gun in the car.
    Grammar. The difference between knowing your s**t and knowing you're s**t.

(*principles)
    The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
    And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
    Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wylde007 View Post

(*principles)
    Maybe a cannibal.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wylde007 View Post

(*principles)
    Damn grammar cops again. I keep telling you, tell it to the Dragon (Speak).

The stupid software doesn't know the difference.