• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I emailed the State Fair of Virginia about their gun rules since they have new owners

paramedic70002

tickets@statefairva.org

Before I take the drive up there, since you have had a change of ownership, do you still bar legally armed citizens from entry? If so I'll keep my money in my wallet. Either way I look forward to your answer so that I can inform as many people as possible which stance (pro-freedom or active shooter empowerment zone) your organization has taken.

Thank you,

Yeah, slightly abrasive, but hey at least they know where I stand.

Anybody else want to "tickle the elephant" before they get around to replying?

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Anyone writing might just suggest they remain silent on the issue. No need to address the issue. Let State Law prevail, and refuse to comment, if asked for a statement.

TFred

Great point TFred! Very similar to the stance VCDL was hoping the Richmond library would take. Luckily, I just got home from work and haven't sent my note yet so I'll amend it accordingly.

Tanner

Ok newbie stupid question coming sound the alarm!!! Is the state fair a private or public event. This is acctually a deeper question than it sounds but im sure it will all come out without me asking a million questions. What im really getting at is if this event is in part or at all paid for with tax money. Thanks

kenny

Ok newbie stupid question coming sound the alarm!!! Is the state fair a private or public event. This is acctually a deeper question than it sounds but im sure it will all come out without me asking a million questions. What im really getting at is if this event is in part or at all paid for with tax money. Thanks
State fair is just a name. The Fair has nothing to do with the Commonwealth of Virginia. It is a public event, however property owner rights still apply. Since the issue has been brought up I am sure they will now have a policy regarding carry of firearms. For years the old fair did not have a policy until the issue was pressed.

FYI, the Fair is in a partnership 50/50 with the Virginia Farm Bureau this year.

paramedic70002

Here's the thing. Last year, and for some time prior, they had rules banning the lawful carry of firearms. Now they have new owners. Their rules are not posted on their website. So, I asked. They can't make things any worse.

Marco

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
That wouldn't be worse as those are the same as last yrs.
I sincerley hope they post all their rules on their website especially if they are going to keep the same rules as past yrs (hope not), as I would hate to make the drive only to find out I'm not welcomed.

That's one of those rules I always wondered who made Marco.

I understand not asking a shopkeeper to post the property but carrying the "Don't ask" guideline across the board, is silly!

Many of us have to drive hours to get to some of these things. In the case of the Fair, if I got there and wasn't allowed to carry, it would either mean turning around and going home or eating my principals and leaving the gun in the car.

Last edited:

Marco

Not exactly. This post is about asking the Fair what their rules are.

The referenced post is about asking FB to alter existing rules.

To date I have not received a response from either inquiry.

Yep.. I noticed the difference after I posted.... I haven't received a reply from FB yet either.

davidmcbeth

Banned
should ask if they have a specific prohibition on felons from entering or chemical weapons or people who are mean or one-eyed people etc

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Grammar. The difference between knowing your s**t and knowing you're s**t.

(*principles)

Damn grammar cops again. I keep telling you, tell it to the Dragon (Speak).:lol:

The stupid software doesn't know the difference.