• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Highlights of the Richmond Library Read in from Tuesday evening until Wednesday

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Good work, Peter. I think that encompassed the event well.

Funny, I never saw any Goons, Thugs or Idiots. None of the library patrons ran screaming into the street. All the kids kept playing. The most direct comment from the cops was "We know all about it" and none of the library staff turned in their resignation.

I did have to navigate a few homeless folks including one who didn't speak English well and proceeded to tell me he was banned from the place because he hadn't taken a bath.:uhoh:

Really a pretty uneventful day and I think the City got the message.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
Ok, how come y'all didn't overturn trash cans and set their contents on fire, burn police cars, break windows of local shopkeepers, and ransack the library, spilling books from shelves and spray painting the walls? Isn't that what we usually see after a Laker's game or a G20 conference or a hurricane???

Great job Peter. You should do this for a living (heh, heh).

scouser

That's not some strange blue drop-leg bag on my left leg at the 1:11 minute mark, although it sure looked like it when I first saw it. It's actually Logan's backpack as he's almost completely hidden on the other side of my leg. With all those people surrounding him he was probably the best protected 2 year old in the world that evening.

Great work as always peter

va_tazdad

Yet another quality piece.

As always. The only thing I might have added would have been the picture of your horse at the end.

You know Zeus loves the attention.

;>)

Thank you for showing those of us that could not attend.

Sangre

Looks like it was a great event, I wish I could have made it - awesome job with the video though it almost felt like I was there.

FTG-05

Great video! Especially good shots of those two city council-"people"!

What came out of this as far as the Richmond city council and their library "rules", if anything?

Thanks,

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Great video! Especially good shots of those two city council-"people"!

What came out of this as far as the Richmond city council and their library "rules", if anything?

Thanks,

Those ae old Stock photos FTG. As I recall, the giggling was when one of the VCDL members was speaking. The glare was when I moved a tad closer to capture her brilliant smile.:lol: