• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Horizontal Magazine Holster

xdmcompact

I am looking for a horizontal mag holster, can anyone suggest one. I am looking for one to fit a double stack 45acp magazine from a Springfield XDM. I have inquired about a few that I have found, they are made for glock magazines. I am told they only fit glock magazines. I would prefer a kydex with a clip but I'll take what I can find.

DeltaOps

You might have to really do some digging. I got a OD Green one from a friend that I use for hiking and stuff. Of course I have a Glcok 21 and it fits my 13 round mag just fine.

Aknazer

Where are you wanting to mount it and what type of retention are you wanting? I have a bladetech (I think that's the company) mag holster back home and the design for how it connects to my belt would allow one to mount it facing any of the 4 primary directions (mags can face up, down, towards your front, or towards your back). Basically the belt connector and the actual holster are two different things to allow for different mounting options. Biggest issue is that it is friction retention, so if it got loose then a mag could fall out.

Here is the link to what allows the holster to be attached at so many different angles. And personally I have the "glock" mag holster, but it holds my XDm mags just fine. As I said before though, it is only a retention holster so there's the possibility for them to fall out.

xdmcompact

Where are you wanting to mount it and what type of retention are you wanting? I have a bladetech (I think that's the company) mag holster back home and the design for how it connects to my belt would allow one to mount it facing any of the 4 primary directions (mags can face up, down, towards your front, or towards your back). Basically the belt connector and the actual holster are two different things to allow for different mounting options. Biggest issue is that it is friction retention, so if it got loose then a mag could fall out.

Here is the link to what allows the holster to be attached at so many different angles. And personally I have the "glock" mag holster, but it holds my XDm mags just fine. As I said before though, it is only a retention holster so there's the possibility for them to fall out.

I am looking to wear it on my belt on my left side, vertical mag pouches interfere with my love handles "fat". A horizontal mag pouch will not interfere. I like the idea of a clip because of not having to feed my belt thru it all the time.

Aknazer

I am looking to wear it on my belt on my left side, vertical mag pouches interfere with my love handles "fat". A horizontal mag pouch will not interfere. I like the idea of a clip because of not having to feed my belt thru it all the time.

Then I would recommend going to a store with some spare mags and trying them out in one of the blade tech holsters. Yes they are for "glock" mags, but as I said before, my XDm40 mags fit just fine in the holster so I would expect your .45 mags to fit in the one made for .45s as well.

xdmcompact

Then I would recommend going to a store with some spare mags and trying them out in one of the blade tech holsters. Yes they are for "glock" mags, but as I said before, my XDm40 mags fit just fine in the holster so I would expect your .45 mags to fit in the one made for .45s as well.

Just looked at their website, there is no blade tech dealers listed in the state of Mo.

mpguy

I got interested in this discussion, and had given me a idea. Do you think it would be a good idea to take say a mag holster from Wally World, and redo the stitching in the back to accommodate it in the horizontal position?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Aknazer

If you think you are skilled enough at sewing no reason not to. Or get one of the blackhawk ones with the snap buttons if you think you can install them, since the blackhawk ones have a velcro+snap that goes over the mags, which would help make sure they don't fall out being sideways.

DeltaOps

Last edited: