• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Paul Ryan: 'I Am Happy To Be Clinging To My Guns And My Religion!'

OC for ME

How come he ain't clinging to his gun that is openly displayed on his hip? He is in Carnegie, PA. Does he need a permission slip to OC in Carnegie, PA?

Is he a FUDD?

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
How come he ain't clinging to his gun that is openly displayed on his hip? He is in Carnegie, PA. Does he need a permission slip to OC in Carnegie, PA?

Is he a FUDD?

Nope, but he would need one to OC in a vehicle. Not all those who support gun rights carry...in fact, most of here would support one right to choose whether or not they carry. As long as he votes to protect gun rights (as he has every time) he's alright with me on that front.

http://www.ontheissues.org/House/Paul_Ryan_Gun_Control.htm#02n-NRA

He also has A ratings from both the NRA and GOA.

CCinMaine

Is he a FUDD?

I know tons of people who are really strong on 2a but don't own guns at all because they feel they have no need for them. (I also live in southern Maine. Crime isn't much of an issue here in comparison to other places.) You got to remember too that there is a stigma to carrying, and especially to OC. Sure, showing up on stage oc'ing would shore our votes more, but let's face it, it could shy others away, and would definitely be demonized by the "main stream" media. I don't like it, but that's politics and am happy that he is strong on 2a.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

OC for ME

PR is what Romney needs to get elected. Saying that you are "happy to be clinging to my guns and religion" sets an image in the citizenry's mind.

(paragraph seven and eight) <snip> And it's not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations."

Obama made a problematic judgment call in trying to explain working class culture to a much wealthier audience. He described blue collar Pennsylvanians with a series of what in the eyes of Californians might be considered pure negatives: guns, clinging to religion, antipathy, xenophobia. <snip>

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mayhill-fowler/obama-no-surprise-that-ha_b_96188.html
Good politics to be sure.

beebobby

He also brought up "Joe , I didn't build that,the Plumber" in the same speech. Talk about pandering.

Jack House

So what's he going to do when Romney gets ready to sign a national assault rifle ban? Shoot him hisself?
Pretty sure he's talking about Romney and mocking the other people overlooking Romney's record because his name isn't Obama.
Interesting thought...I wonder how high the correlation is between lifetime members (especially with politicians) and the "A" ratings the NRA gives?
Good question!

Beretta92FSLady

A political regurgitation of rhetoric that sent President Obama to the White House with 10,000,000 more votes than McCain. I wish they wouldn't waste their time with rehashing crapola that won't work.

Ryan will give Romney a tiny boost, but overall, Ryan will end-up being a drag on Romney's already sinking ship.

I dig that Ryan is a hunter though. I don;t dig his political hackery.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
A political regurgitation of rhetoric that sent President Obama to the White House with 10,000,000 more votes than McCain. I wish they wouldn't waste their time with rehashing crapola that won't work.

Ryan will give Romney a tiny boost, but overall, Ryan will end-up being a drag on Romney's already sinking ship.

I dig that Ryan is a hunter though. I don;t dig his political hackery.

I guess what I don't understand, Beretta, is how you can correctly call Ryan's actions political hackery, yet not see the same in Obama.

He's packed his administration with big bankers--fourteen at last count if I recall. He's cozied up to corporations. He'd sell your rights to the first lobbyist to make a donation to the Democrat campaign. Ditto for the Republicrats.

No matter which party has been in power in the last 45 years (and neither party is ever genuinely out of power), deficit spending goes up--empowering the bankers by taking loans to finance the deficit spending, regulations multiply, and freedom shrinks.

Beretta92FSLady

I guess what I don't understand, Beretta, is how you can correctly call Ryan's actions political hackery, yet not see the same in Obama.

I feel that you all express enough of your opinions about President Obama; no sense in me adding to it.

He's packed his administration with big bankers--fourteen at last count if I recall. He's cozied up to corporations. He'd sell your rights to the first lobbyist to make a donation to the Democrat campaign. Ditto for the Republicrats.

He's done many things I don't agree with. As I have stated before, on a number of occasions: Different side of the same coin.--the question is: Which side do you want to look at the next four years?

Let me see here: The anit-Gay, anti-abortion candidate who's got a slash everything budget in mind--that is, except for military spending, which he wants to increase; or the soft anti-gay, anti-firearm, uber-pragmatist, who sold-out the Public Option. Hell, I'll take four more years of President Obama, than eight years of Romney. Do all the wishful thinking you like over the next four years, regarding possibly getting Romney out of office in 2016 with a 'better' candidate, it ain't going to happen, so, Romney is voted in, he is there for eight years.

No matter which party has been in power in the last 45 years (and neither party is ever genuinely out of power), deficit spending goes up--empowering the bankers by taking loans to finance the deficit spending, regulations multiply, and freedom shrinks.

Great, we agree, and you ask me why I am voting for one over the other?: I am being Practical here, knowing that a Principle vote is a waste of the gas it takes to get to the voting booth.

BTW, Freedom has gone no-place. Freedom is a BS notion. Freedom will never be Ideal, Freedom will never be Absolute.

Jack House

Great, we agree, and you ask me why I am voting for one over the other?: I am being Practical here, knowing that a Principle vote is a waste of the gas it takes to get to the voting booth.
So you agree that no matter who you vote for, the country is going to continue down it's path of degradation, but refuse to vote for the candidates that'll actually try to improve things because it's a waste of gas and time?

So then why bother voting at all?

CCinMaine

So you agree that no matter who you vote for, the country is going to continue down it's path of degradation, but refuse to vote for the candidates that'll actually try to improve things because it's a waste of gas and time?

So then why bother voting at all?

Too early...^^^^^ That.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

WalkingWolf

I feel that you all express enough of your opinions about President Obama; no sense in me adding to it.

He's done many things I don't agree with. As I have stated before, on a number of occasions: Different side of the same coin.--the question is: Which side do you want to look at the next four years?

Let me see here: The anit-Gay, anti-abortion candidate who's got a slash everything budget in mind--that is, except for military spending, which he wants to increase; or the soft anti-gay, anti-firearm, uber-pragmatist, who sold-out the Public Option. Hell, I'll take four more years of President Obama, than eight years of Romney. Do all the wishful thinking you like over the next four years, regarding possibly getting Romney out of office in 2016 with a 'better' candidate, it ain't going to happen, so, Romney is voted in, he is there for eight years.

BTW, Freedom has gone no-place. Freedom is a BS notion. Freedom will never be Ideal, Freedom will never be Absolute.

You do realize that the issues you are claiming against Romney are constitutional issues, AND the president has nothing to do with proposed constitutional amendments?