Thread: Interesting Political Commentary

Interesting Political Commentary

I was watching the movie "The Dictator" (not the greatest movie, but good for a few laughs) and near the end there was a very interesting political commentary. I have posted the clip below... I feel like the last of his statements is the most valid...

What do you think?

Haha, pretty accurate if you ask me...
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Sounds about right.

Even though he is very well known for his on and off screen antics, one thing alot of people dont know about him is that he is extremely political. He despises Obama and everything he is about. Fortunately for him, he lives in the UK.
    The only terrorists I see nowadays are at the Capital.

The statements made in this post do not necessarily reflect the views of OCDO or its members.

A funny delivery, but right for the Jugular. Right on target, but the people are dumb as dumb dogs unable to bark.

Quote Originally Posted by NMadole View Post
    I was watching the movie "The Dictator" (not the greatest movie, but good for a few laughs) and near the end there was a very interesting political commentary. I have posted the clip below... I feel like the last of his statements is the most valid...

What do you think?
    Exo 22:2 "If anyone catches a thief breaking in and hits him so that he dies, he is not guilty of murder.
    Luke 22:36: "Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luk 11:21 "When a strong man, with all his weapons ready, guards his own house, all his belongings are safe.

Re: Interesting Political Commentary

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker6900 View Post
    Even though he is very well known for his on and off screen antics, one thing alot of people dont know about him is that he is extremely political. He despises Obama and everything he is about. Fortunately for him, he lives in the UK.
    I think his statement could easily be applied to almost every president, and their party, that we've had in the last century.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DrTodd View Post
    I think his statement could easily be applied to almost every president, and their party, that we've had in the last century.
    +1
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/

I think that is exactly the point... a bunch of dictators... they are all the same +1

Well what do you expect when the leaders of this country want to do whats best for their special interest groups instead of serving the people.
    The worst weapon is the human mind, its created and done things far worse than a gun can, has, or ever will. Its the human mind that tells the gun what to do and animates the inanimate object.

With all these gun control laws in place I have yet to find a single one that has saved someones life, but I can find hundreds of stories where a gun has.

The only one denying healthcare to the poor is the government via their interference into the free market. I am sure that DrTodd will agree with me.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

I'd not say 100 years. Things didn't go into the ******* until 1913. Year of Fed Reserve and Income Tax.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Quote Originally Posted by TheQ View Post
    I'd not say 100 years. Things didn't go into the ******* until 1913. Year of Fed Reserve and Income Tax.
    Ok, 99 years. You do realize it is 2012, don't you?
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Ok, 99 years. You do realize it is 2012, don't you?
    2012? wait, that makes me... OMG!
    My reasons to OC
    1. to raise awareness of the legality of open carry in Michigan
    2. To raise awareness that good people carry guns
    3. A deterrent to people so that I won't be targeted
    4. Because it's more comfortable than CC in most situations
    5. Because I can and want to
    6. Because it's perfectly legal
    7. Self defense

Quote Originally Posted by TheQ View Post
    The only one denying healthcare to the poor is the government via their interference into the free market. I am sure that DrTodd will agree with me.
    By requiring an organization to jump through innumerable hurdles, yes, the government is interfering in the market. But we havent had a truly free market in healthcare since the mid-to late 1800s. This government doesn't believe in a free market, it believes in a limited market at best. If I want to seek medical care from someone who practices santeria, I should be able to. But alas, starting with the AMA pushing for state licensure starting in the 1800's, we have progressively tried to control by whom people can get care, and with whom we can pool our resources to mitigate the financial costs of that care.