• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Live right now on ustream - citizens serving metro while open carrying!

The Big Guy

Try this link: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/24870639

Sorry about the neck cramp, still in the learning process It might have cut off by itself at the end, but the commentary by officer Coe did not get anymore on point. Also after we are established in the bldg. if you skip to 12:00 mins. you wont have to wait long for the "brown surge"

No problem. I just turned my monitor on its side...

TBG

Lasjayhawk

Good thing I have a notebook. Much easier to turn on its side.

I have to think on this for a bit. I have met Bill before and I can tell you I think he is a good guy, even though he comes across like Sgt. Joe Friday.

DON`T TREAD ON ME

Good thing I have a notebook. Much easier to turn on its side.

I have to think on this for a bit. I have met Bill before and I can tell you I think he is a good guy, even though he comes across like Sgt. Joe Friday.

Are you talking about Bill Cassell? i was stoked to meet him as well you can probably tell it in my voice. Other than denying me public information (*an officers first name for example,) he probably is a good guy... most of METRO struggles when confronted with appropriate pushback.

john-in-reno

There is a alot of Bovine Excrement spewing out of there mouths!

And there is sure ALOT of Spirit running ramped in the police department, They need to call the Ghost Busters!!

Vegassteve

So a couple of questions for those that are called cops.
1. Are they disarmed for the safety in the building?

2. Do they think that being out of the door 10 feet from the lobby would keep someone from grabbing a weapon and walking in the door? Is the door magic?

I had to stop watching after he started on the spirit of the law . He just upset me. Now I may have to sue him for distress.

Last edited:

The Big Guy

So a couple of questions for those asshats that are called cops.
1. Are they disarmed for the safety in the building?

2. Do they think that being out of the door 10 feet from the lobby would keep someone from grabbing a weapon and walking in the door? Is the door magic?

I had to stop watching after he started on the spirit of the law BS. He just upset me. Now I may have to sue him for distress.

And....if they had something they could charge them with, they would have. They would not have stood there and argued about it....

TBG

Frantic84

I wonder how a Citizens arrest would go if we where to detain them for violating our rights. . . .:banghead: charge of public disturbance and the like

Last edited:

Lasjayhawk

OK a few things.
1) Listen to what the Sgt. says at about 15:00 to 15:10. He mentions OC, helmet laws, and DUI check points. Me thinks he might know how to use the internets. Me thinks he can even type "opencarry.org" and find the Nevada section of the forums.

2) Listen to what the Lt says at 20:30. I think he is trying to tell you that a bad judgement could set ya'll back 10 years, that the verbiage for the sign "no weapons" could be taken by a judge to be the 'spirit' of the law even though it's in the CC section of the statutes. My best guess is that it would be a crapshoot without an opinion from the state AG. But lets say you go to court and win, now you can go into a Metro station and OC. How often do any of us go to METRO anyway?? What is it we are going to gain here? And what if you lose? :shocker:

I'm not seeing as many problems here in Vegas compared to some of the other state forums. IMHO isn't the METRO station battle saved for later? I mean we are going to have less of a chance getting rid of the Blue Cards if METRO thinks we are trying to pee on their Post Toasties.

Yard Sale

Why do you participate in conversation with witless thugs? It makes you look like that's why you are there. Conduct your business, say what needs to be said for the record (you do not consent, etc.) when accosted, then go home or go to jail.

The "order" to leave while conducting public business seemed to me like they deprived you of your right to be free from unreasonable seizure under color of law. Submission to a show of authority (multiple uniformed, armed officers) is a seizure.

DON`T TREAD ON ME

OK a few things.
1) Listen to what the Sgt. says at about 15:00 to 15:10. He mentions OC, helmet laws, and DUI check points. Me thinks he might know how to use the internets. Me thinks he can even type "opencarry.org" and find the Nevada section of the forums.

2) Listen to what the Lt says at 20:30. I think he is trying to tell you that a bad judgement could set ya'll back 10 years, that the verbiage for the sign "no weapons" could be taken by a judge to be the 'spirit' of the law even though it's in the CC section of the statutes. My best guess is that it would be a crapshoot without an opinion from the state AG. But lets say you go to court and win, now you can go into a Metro station and OC. How often do any of us go to METRO anyway?? What is it we are going to gain here? And what if you lose? :shocker:

I'm not seeing as many problems here in Vegas compared to some of the other state forums. IMHO isn't the METRO station battle saved for later? I mean we are going to have less of a chance getting rid of the Blue Cards if METRO thinks we are trying to pee on their Post Toasties.

While you are right, going to the METRO station while OC is not a big "agenda" item, having business there and disarming is a backwards step. The Sgt. is well aware of us and our endeavors, not from the internet, but because he works in the PIO and has processed (term used lightly) many Nevada Open Records Act requests from Tim and myself. Because of this incident we are now scheduling "sit down" meetings with the Sgt. and others from the PIO It is possible that the relationship could be furthered by this. And then on the other hand we will have people calling us sell outs and "cop lovers" So the end game for me is this, Jayhawk, I support you in all your activism even though it may not be identical to mine. I will say that our thoughts are extremely close, but once on the "playing field" one gets faced with things not thought of from the arm chair.

Lasjayhawk

DTOM. I understand. I do. And I don't think having sit downs with METRO is in any way shape or form a sell out. Opening a good line of communication can only help the cause, and is much needed IMHO. Any idea when you are going to have your first sit down? I'm thinking I might put together a list of possible talking points/ rebuttals based on what I heard on the tape. Many you may have thought of, but perhaps some you may not have.

Merlin

I agree that carrying at metro is largely about not stepping backwards. My agenda for oc is to make it normal and accepted everywhere, to stop treating these buildings, OUR buildings, as somehow special. By leaving it in your vehicle, you would be giving legitimacy to their bulls hit arguments.
Sent from my SGH-i667 using Board Express

DON`T TREAD ON ME

DTOM. I understand. I do. And I don't think having sit downs with METRO is in any way shape or form a sell out. Opening a good line of communication can only help the cause, and is much needed IMHO. Any idea when you are going to have your first sit down? I'm thinking I might put together a list of possible talking points/ rebuttals based on what I heard on the tape. Many you may have thought of, but perhaps some you may not have.

We have sit downs usually once a month, however this is a "new Branch" of metro, Getting along with the Marines is great, but we were facing the air force that day. Metro breaks down With one undersheriff and 4 assistant sheriffs handling the 5 different branches, I encourage you to PM me with a list of concerns, and ideas, or a Phone number so I can call, we need as many ideas as possible, and we have three more branches that need influence.

Lasjayhawk

So we only have to win METRO over 5 times? And it sounds like 1 down 4 to go. I am still processing some of the intel you gathered, but can already say I have more ideas than I can type. So I'll PM you with basic ideas and my phone number this weekend.