Thread: Who Needs a Gun in Dallas?

Virginia Beach

Who Needs a Gun in Dallas?

When seconds matter, the police are only two days away!
    It's better to have it and not need it then to need it and not have it...

North Chesterfield VA
    Five (5) different cases decided by SCOTUS say the police have no duty to protect any specific individual. At least one of those cases says the police have no duty to respond to a 9-1-1 call.

Are you suggesting that if the police did a better job when they showed up the lady would not have been killed? If so, please explain how/why.

It's a sad situation, but instead of piling blame on law enforcement we should be seeking ways to use this to educate the public about the fact that they are in fact on their own and that calling 9-1-1 will not save them.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"

White Oak Plantation
    The Department is seeking to determine if the nature of the call was sufficiently communicated through each step of the process to the responding officers and the appropriateness of their response based on the information provided.
    According to police records, Deanna Cook called 911 about 10:54 a.m. Friday. She could be heard screaming for her ex-husband to stop attacking her. "Delvecchio, why are you doing this?" Cook yelled, according to police records.

"Red, please stop, I didn't do anything to you," she said, referring to him by his nickname. ...

Two days later, as Cook's family grew concerned about her well-being, they went to the home and found her dead.
    Does not look good for LE if the above is accurate. Then again, why would LE care? The courts have provided cover.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare