• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Who Needs a Gun in Dallas?

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Five (5) different cases decided by SCOTUS say the police have no duty to protect any specific individual. At least one of those cases says the police have no duty to respond to a 9-1-1 call.

Are you suggesting that if the police did a better job when they showed up the lady would not have been killed? If so, please explain how/why.

It's a sad situation, but instead of piling blame on law enforcement we should be seeking ways to use this to educate the public about the fact that they are in fact on their own and that calling 9-1-1 will not save them.

stay safe.

OC for ME

The Department is seeking to determine if the nature of the call was sufficiently communicated through each step of the process to the responding officers and the appropriateness of their response based on the information provided.

According to police records, Deanna Cook called 911 about 10:54 a.m. Friday. She could be heard screaming for her ex-husband to stop attacking her. "Delvecchio, why are you doing this?" Cook yelled, according to police records.

"Red, please stop, I didn't do anything to you," she said, referring to him by his nickname. ...

Two days later, as Cook's family grew concerned about her well-being, they went to the home and found her dead.
Does not look good for LE if the above is accurate. Then again, why would LE care? The courts have provided cover.