• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

interaction with police after seeing video of Milton Hall in Saginaw

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator
If he had just had the good sense to fall down after the first shot, or even flew backwards, like in the movies, they wouldn't have felt the need to shoot again (and again, and again....):uhoh:

stainless1911

Banned
Got caught in the rain, used a large plastic bag as a poncho. I keep a razor blade on me in case I need it foer something. That day, I was able to cut arm holes and a hole for my head so it was wearable. Trouble is, the bag went to my knees. That would have CCed my gun. Now, I thought about cutting a hole for the gun to keep it legal, but the wind would have blown my new raincoat over it, so I just OCed in hand. It was late at night, so I wasnt worried about contacting anyone. I figured if I got hit up with a spotlight, I would set the gun down, and raise my hands waiting for instructions.

I did stay dry. I decided to keep the new poncho in the car just in case I needed it again. :dude:

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
Got caught in the rain, used a large plastic bag as a poncho. I keep a razor blade on me in case I need it foer something. That day, I was able to cut arm holes and a hole for my head so it was wearable. Trouble is, the bag went to my knees. That would have CCed my gun. Now, I thought about cutting a hole for the gun to keep it legal, but the wind would have blown my new raincoat over it, so I just OCed in hand. It was late at night, so I wasnt worried about contacting anyone. I figured if I got hit up with a spotlight, I would set the gun down, and raise my hands waiting for instructions.

I did stay dry. I decided to keep the new poncho in the car just in case I needed it again. :dude:

Are you next going to blame the girl wearing the short dress for being raped? Nice.

People are responsible for their own actions and posts (including venomous replies). You, of all people, a 2A and OC advocate, would, I think, realize this. Sadly not, apparently.

I have a bag of extra commas I'm selling at the exit.

We know your heart is in the right place, but some things are better left unsaid.

Nice going Griff.

TheQ

sigh. This is where I point out MOC and OCDO advocate for the lawful open carry of a HOLSTERED handgun -- lest any new people or anti-gun people think otherwise.

TheQ

A knife is a more deadly weapon than a handgun in skilled hands. The time it takes to close the distance and kill with a knife is tiny.

Bearing in mind I don't know the specifics of the case, but just talking generally, a maniac with a knife, threatening violence, and refusing to drop his or her knife should probably be shot hard fast and repeatedly until dropped, even if walking away if there is a possibility that further and immediate violence will result if the lunatic isn't stopped. Every situation is different, and of course this also isn't legal advice, but we'd do very very well to remember just how fast you can go from fine to dead if stabbed.

If a trained person is 15 feet away with knife in hand and I am already drawn and aimed (such as the case for the cops here), I can pull the trigger before he closes the 15 feet. If the guy was too close, why didn't the cops back up the 20 seconds during which they were demanding him to drop the knife?

Michigander

If a trained person is 15 feet away with knife in hand and I am already drawn and aimed (such as the case for the cops here), I can pull the trigger before he closes the 15 feet. If the guy was too close, why didn't the cops back up the 20 seconds during which they were demanding him to drop the knife?

We're talking about split seconds, a world of variables, and two parties with very deadly weapons. For these reasons and others, I don't want to armchair quarterback the issue.

Last edited:

Ezerharden

look up the definition of brandishing. It doesn't fit.

IIRC, there is, or was at one time, a place in Tennessee where in hand OC was the only way to legally carry a gun.

Who's definition, yours or the police officer that would draw on you and charge you with it? The prosecutor that convicts you of it? And this isn't Tennessee dude. :banghead: :banghead:

Last edited: