Thread: I made it in the newsletter!

I made it in the newsletter!

http://www.spokanepolice.org/Documen...012edition.pdf

Bottom of page 7

Excerpt:

I just wanted to take a moment and express my thanks to the Spokane Police Department. I had an encounter with an officer at Riverfront Park yesterday (Thursday, July 5th) that was very encouraging. I was openly carrying my pistol while walking through the park with my wife and two young children. I walked past three uniformed bicycle officers by the carousel. They all saw that I was carrying and one of them made it a point to ride over to me and express his opinion. He said that if there were more people like me around, there would probably be a lot less crime. Then he said it was nice to see a citizen defending themselves. This was by far the best experience I've had while open carrying. He was extremely polite and professional, and it was nice to see some acknowledgement from a law enforcement officer that what I was doing was perfectly legal and that he would like to see more people doing it. I can only hope that if I have any more encounters with SPD that they will be even half as pleasant as this one. I thanked him, but he rode off before I could ask his name. I just wanted him to know that I am glad a man like him is serving my community. Alex Meyer

Very nice!

I made it in the newsletter!

Awesome! Of course half the people reading it were probably like "what the hell is open carry?" lol
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Well done Alex.

Orphan took my keyboard, I would like to write, Well done Alex.
    Sounds like a good time to get a BBQ together.

[QUOTE=fetch;1813080]Orphan took my keyboard.

Pictures or it did not happen, LOL

Here's a link to the full newsletter: http://spokanepolice.org/Documents/S...012edition.pdf

Good job Alex.

The above is brought to you by the department of redundancy department, repetition section unit. What I meant to post was the link to all of the recent newsletters, FWIW:

http://spokanepolice.org/newsletters/default.aspx
    Last edited by Lammo; 08-22-2012 at 03:21 PM.
    IAALBIAAFTDPASNIPHCBCALA
    Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out. (John Corapi, The Black Sheep Dog)
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. (Groucho Marx)