• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I made it in the newsletter!

alexm963

http://www.spokanepolice.org/Documents/SPD Newsletter/08 2012edition.pdf

Bottom of page 7

Excerpt:

I just wanted to take a moment and express my thanks to the Spokane Police Department. I had an encounter with an officer at Riverfront Park yesterday (Thursday, July 5th) that was very encouraging. I was openly carrying my pistol while walking through the park with my wife and two young children. I walked past three uniformed bicycle officers by the carousel. They all saw that I was carrying and one of them made it a point to ride over to me and express his opinion. He said that if there were more people like me around, there would probably be a lot less crime. Then he said it was nice to see a citizen defending themselves. This was by far the best experience I've had while open carrying. He was extremely polite and professional, and it was nice to see some acknowledgement from a law enforcement officer that what I was doing was perfectly legal and that he would like to see more people doing it. I can only hope that if I have any more encounters with SPD that they will be even half as pleasant as this one. I thanked him, but he rode off before I could ask his name. I just wanted him to know that I am glad a man like him is serving my community. Alex Meyer