• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Special Meet-'n Greet on Sep 8, 2012 - Richmond Area

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Planning a special welcome at 9:30 AM on Sat. 9/8 for Shane Bellanger from Maine as he passes through Richmond.

River City Diner
803 East Parham Road...... Get Directions
Richmond, VA 23227
(804) 266-1500

Shane will be taking his basic training (Air Force) in Texas. He has been the voice of Gun Owners of Maine (Go-Me), Maine's most effective RKBA organization - formerly known as Maine Open Carry Association. He is an inordinately strong activist, very articulate and presents himself extremely well - anticipating that he will go far.

John Pierce holds him in some regard and Larry Pratt has recognized his successes.

This will be your chance to say "I knew him when...."

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I'm going to be there to get his autograph. He's going to be famous one day.

And even if he does not turn out to be famous, he's a great person and a steadfast fighter for OC. And crazy for wanting to fulfill his personal military goal. It's a good crazy, but crazy all the same.

stay safe.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Updated the OP for time and place. Looking for a nice turn out - the weather should be pleasant.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I'm going to try to be there Grape. I have plans for Sunday but can cancel them for this.
Are you in email contact with him?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I'm going to try to be there Grape. I have plans for Sunday but can cancel them for this.
Are you in email contact with him?

No need to change your plans, Sept. 8th is a Saturday just like the regular breakfast meet-ups.

Yes - via email and cell phone.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
If you get a chance, could you ask him if he's camera shy?

Can already tell you he is not. Until recently his picture was on the MOCA site + he has done numerous media (TV and newspaper) interviews. He is about as camera shy as my 1911. ;)

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Can already tell you he is not. Until recently his picture was on the MOCA site + he has done numerous media (TV and newspaper) interviews. He is about as camera shy as my 1911. ;)

Bet he's not as purty as your 1911:banghead:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Bet he's not as purty as your 1911:banghead:

Actually I think it would be quite a contest - he could be a recruiting poster..... and he is very mature, poised and articulate. Bring your video cam w/sound.

sidestreet

I'm gonna try to be there...,

but you know what they say about the best laid plans of mice and men. ;)

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 vs. 11-13

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

ClumsyCandy

Will try to be there with the Fiance' since he also did his training and all but about 6 months (Iraq) of his 4 years in Texas at Lackland. All depends on what we have to get done that weekend.

sidestreet

Well, so much for the plans of mice and men...,

but you know what they say about the best laid plans of mice and men. ;)

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 vs. 11-13

Not sure, but it doesn't look like I'll be able to make it now. Had to drop two from the 9/11 dinner plan too, dang it, hopefully I'LL still be able to make it. :(

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 vs. 11-13