• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ky voting and OC

DrakeZ07

Kinda sucks that my neighbors and I have to vote in the middle school.

Kinda makes me wish I had became a Cop, so I could be exempt from the GFSZ stuff, xD

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Kinda sucks that my neighbors and I have to vote in the middle school.

Kinda makes me wish I had became a Cop, so I could be exempt from the GFSZ stuff, xD

If you have a cdwl in KY then you are also exempt if you are a sheriff or deputy sheriff, police officer or game officer, county and commonwealth attorney, judge of the court of justice, and court security officer.

According to the KRS you are also excluded if you are a.....wait for it......ANIMAL CONTROL OFFICER!

436.605 Animal control officers and humane agents have powers of peace officers, except power of arrest -- Search warrants -- Execution of search warrants -- Arrest by peace officer.
(1) Animal control officers and officers and agents of humane societies who are employed by, appointed by, or have contracted with a city, county, urban-county, charter county, or consolidated local government to provide animal sheltering or animal control services SHALL HAVE the powers of peace officers, except for the power of arrest, for the purpose of enforcing the provisions of the Kentucky Revised Statutes relating to cruelty, mistreatment, or torture of animals, provided they possess the qualifications required under KRS 61.300.

DrakeZ07

If you have a cdwl in KY then you are also exempt if you are a sheriff or deputy sheriff, police officer or game officer, county and commonwealth attorney, judge of the court of justice, and court security officer.

According to the KRS you are also excluded if you are a.....wait for it......ANIMAL CONTROL OFFICER!

436.605 Animal control officers and humane agents have powers of peace officers, except power of arrest -- Search warrants -- Execution of search warrants -- Arrest by peace officer.
(1) Animal control officers and officers and agents of humane societies who are employed by, appointed by, or have contracted with a city, county, urban-county, charter county, or consolidated local government to provide animal sheltering or animal control services SHALL HAVE the powers of peace officers, except for the power of arrest, for the purpose of enforcing the provisions of the Kentucky Revised Statutes relating to cruelty, mistreatment, or torture of animals, provided they possess the qualifications required under KRS 61.300.

Yea... I couldn't be an Animal control person... I have a massive soft spot for animals, which would put the abusers of animals at risk of lead poisioning >.>

Wonder if I can bribe self pres to run for sheriff, and pay him to put me on as deputy or something, xD

self preservation

Yea... I couldn't be an Animal control person... I have a massive soft spot for animals, which would put the abusers of animals at risk of lead poisioning >.>

Wonder if I can bribe self pres to run for sheriff, and pay him to put me on as deputy or something, xD

Give me about 10 years to retire from my current job and I may consider it.:p

DrakeZ07

Give me about 10 years to retire from my current job and I may consider it.:p

aww man, ten years?! I'll be old, and slow, and used up, and graying, and in my mid 30's D:
j/k

Fine, fine, I'll just run for whatever house seat is open next year, and you get me elected, I'll give you a job as my aide de camp.

That does make me wonder... Why don't we all run for state house, or state senate? If say self pres ran on the republican ticket, and I ran on the democrat ticket, the people HAS to elect one of us to the spot, and everyone else could work that way too! Its a win win!