Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Texas judge warns of possible ‘civil war’ if President Obama is re-elected"

"Texas judge warns of possible ‘civil war’ if President Obama is re-elected"

It is this type of nonsense that drive Gun Clinging worry-warts on the fringe-Right to potentially get into a confrontation with the State. Let's keep a level head here people.

And you may be asking, what does this have to do with the Second Amendment, generally?: refer to the red:

"He's going to try to hand over the sovereignty of the United States to the U.N., and what is going to happen when that happens?," Head asked.

"I'm thinking the worst. Civil unrest, civil disobedience, civil war maybe. And we're not just talking a few riots here and demonstrations, we're talking Lexington, Concord, take up arms and get rid of the guy.

"Now what's going to happen if we do that, if the public decides to do that? He's going to send in U.N. troops. I don't want 'em in Lubbock County. OK. So I'm going to stand in front of their armored personnel carrier and say 'you're not coming in here'.

"And the sheriff, I've already asked him, I said 'you gonna back me' he said, 'yeah, I'll back you'. Well, I don't want a bunch of rookies back there. I want trained, equipped, seasoned veteran officers to back me."
    http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/...230545603.html
    I wonder, is this a shot over the bow from the Right?--I think it is.

I think it's funny that the judge actually believes that his little army could match the sheer Might of the U.S. Military. I get that he is referring to UN troops coming in, but wouldn't U.S. troops basically be UN troops by then?--yes.

It's crazy to see a bunch of white men seething with paranoia. BTW, he wants to raise taxes for an extra 800,000 bucks for their defense.--not a fleeb compared to the U.S. Military budget.
    Last edited by Beretta92FSLady; 08-22-2012 at 10:49 PM.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    It is this type of nonsense that drive Gun Clinging worry-warts on the fringe-Right to potentially get into a confrontation with the State. Let's keep a level head here people.

And you may be asking, what does this have to do with the Second Amendment, generally?: refer to the red:

I think it's funny that the judge actually believes that his little army could match the sheer Might of the U.S. Military. I get that he is referring to UN troops coming in, but wouldn't U.S. troops basically be UN troops by then?--yes.

It's crazy to see a bunch of white men seething with paranoia. BTW, he wants to raise taxes for an extra 800,000 bucks for their defense.--not a fleeb compared to the U.S. Military budget.
    A soldier takes a oath to the constitution, and the constitution is there to protect the people. Under UCMJ being given an unlawful order is not an excuse for an illegal act. There is good reason to believe that some US troops and commanders will refuse to fire on US citizens. The UN military cannot fight their way out of a wet paper bag. If Obama makes such a huge error as to target citizens HERE, I believe he will be no better than Mussolini. I believe we would see a military govt until new elections could be held.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    A soldier takes a oath to the constitution, and the constitution is there to protect the people. Under UCMJ being given an unlawful order is not an excuse for an illegal act. There is good reason to believe that some US troops and commanders will refuse to fire on US citizens. The UN military cannot fight their way out of a wet paper bag. If Obama makes such a huge error as to target citizens HERE, I believe he will be no better than Mussolini. I believe we would see a military govt until new elections could be held.
    Did ya see the video of Vandenburg AF base with MPs harassing people off base? One should not even think a soldier is not going to follow an unlawful order - they will. And look - we are seeing troops in their fatigues all over the place now .. they are just getting us primed I think.

I called a local CO and complained about all the soldiers walking around in fatigues and he saw nothing wrong with it; I am starting to take my complaints right to the troops now..asking why they are in their fatigues and informing them that I don't like it. Want to walk around in uniform in public? Wear your dress uniforms. They look like slobs and they look like they are invading us!

The most dangerous threat to America is the partisan politics. Not even what the politicians do themselves. It's the people buying into the crap hook, line and sinker and getting militant about supporting their chosen party/condemning the other.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Did ya see the video of Vandenburg AF base with MPs harassing people off base? One should not even think a soldier is not going to follow an unlawful order - they will. And look - we are seeing troops in their fatigues all over the place now .. they are just getting us primed I think.

I called a local CO and complained about all the soldiers walking around in fatigues and he saw nothing wrong with it; I am starting to take my complaints right to the troops now..asking why they are in their fatigues and informing them that I don't like it. Want to walk around in uniform in public? Wear your dress uniforms. They look like slobs and they look like they are invading us!
    I have seen military in fatigues most of my life, I go to the grocery store and I will see at least a dozen~~So What?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack House View Post
    The most dangerous threat to America is the partisan politics. Not even what the politicians do themselves. It's the people buying into the crap hook, line and sinker and getting militant about supporting their chosen party/condemning the other.
    Hammer, meet nail-head. +1
    Last edited by Beretta92FSLady; 08-23-2012 at 12:30 AM.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

So you +1 that the threat is partisan politics. But you keep talking about the "right". Doesn't that make you part of the threat? Did you also think it was funny that the colonials believed that their little army could match the sheer might of the British military?

and the bunch of white men comment could be construed to be both sexist and racist.
    Last edited by Lasjayhawk; 08-23-2012 at 12:44 AM. Reason: forgot about the white men :)

Beretta is schizophrenic.

Beretta is schizophrenic.
    Does that mean liberal trapped in left wing talking points with little knowledge of facts?

Yeah, it can also mean conservative trapped in right wing politics with no knowledge of the facts as well.

I've seen that video, it is actually legal becuase the Internal Security act makes it illegal to photograph military property without permission of the installation commander. it does not differentiate between taking photos from outside or inside the base. on the other hand military police technically have no legal authority over civilians, if a civie is arrested on base they can only be held in the stockade for as long as it takes for the FBI to come pick them up. however that's a huge step to shooting crowds of civilians.
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Yeah, it can also mean conservative trapped in right wing politics with no knowledge of the facts as well.
    Agreed, as well as a Ron Paul bot trapped in anger over Ron's loss in the primaries.

Agreed, as well as a Ron Paul bot trapped in anger over Ron's loss in the primaries.
    Lost?? Nope. The republican establishment you support, by supporting Obomney, muscled him out. Congrats Republican party. I'm one vote you'll never get again.

http://www.examiner.com/article/dele...-massachusetts

I need to start a thread on this soon.
    Last edited by georg jetson; 08-23-2012 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by georg jetson View Post
    Lost?? Nope. The republican establishment you support, by supporting Obomney, muscled him out. Congrats Republican party. I'm one vote you'll never get again.

http://www.examiner.com/article/dele...-massachusetts

I need to start a thread on this soon.
    I didn't muscle him out, I supported him, but the fat lady has sung. Being a sore or poor loser is sooo nonconstructive.

Why do these nut jobs think it is patriotic to take up arms against the government when their candidate loses the election?

I didn't muscle him out, I supported him, but the fat lady has sung. Being a sore or poor loser is sooo nonconstructive.
    I didn't say you did. Calling people names and ignoring fraud and deceit by the Republican party is sooooooo nonconstructive. .
    Last edited by georg jetson; 08-23-2012 at 01:24 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by beebobby View Post
    Why do these nut jobs think it is patriotic to take up arms against the government when their candidate loses the election?
    My candidates never win ... I should have a complete army and navy and air force ready by now.

Still, its better than being a democrat !

Because they don't believe in the process unless they win. I'm a republican and I have nothing against Obama. He won that's it. Move on. He will prob win this election too. If so that is the process. Even though I am a republican. I AM AN AMERICAN FIRST! Parties be damned!
    Kentucky Open Carry Group
    http://opencarry.niceboards.org/

We all speak of liberty and freedom like we are the only ones that know the truth and the right path. But if we expect everyone to accept and follow our path and to accept our truth and want to force it upon them then that is no longer liberty or freedom. It is slavery. I believe in liberty for all. Regardless of their political views, religion, race, sex, etc.

If you dont think his "little army" cant stand up to the US military, both in equipment and soldiers, just remember that the insurgents we fight have kept us at bay for some time now. The US military has many restrictions (which may or may not come into play should the military been ordered against the citizens) and those restrictions keep the proverbial hand tied. The insurgents also have home turf advatage along with being an un-uniformed force with no defined tactics. Ma & Pa texans would probably fit into that category.

I have to agree that there are many of us who will NOT follow an order to subdue US citizens. There are many sheeple out there as well, but I think the few non followers will send a shockwave throughout the military community that may prevent a full on civil war. What I'm more afraid of is the UN bringing in foriegn troops at which time I will hope US citizens treat that like an invasions and act accordingly.

In regards to the MP's off base, if this is the story I'm thinking of, the MP's were out looking for troops that had been causing problems around the off base community. As mentioned before, the military has no authority over civilians unless on base, but the UCMJ follows military members everywhere, on base, off base, on duty and off duty. Those MPs were attempting to discourage troops from acting stupid. As a local store owner, wouldnt you feel better knowing that the military was policing its members?

Now if you are going to complain about the wear of the uniform off base, get over it. I'm authorized to wear my uniform off base so long as I'm at lunch (even then I have restrictions as to where I can eat/dine) or running errands on my way home. It's a part of life around a military installation and shouldnt ever be taken as a means of intimidation. You dont complain about a uniformed police officer or a uniformed nurse or even the guy who works at Sears wearing his logo'ed shirt to pick up his kid from daycare. It's a uniform and that's it.

People really need to drop this Democrat vs Republican crap. What are the most pressing issues that this country faces? The continuing degradation of our rights, despite the few wins the 2A has had lately. The downward spiraling economy. The rise of the police state.

These are the most pressing issues, they are the ones dragging our country down. So what has the Republicans done about it? Let's see, Bush championed PATRIOT Acts I&II, created the massive deficit. Bailed out huge banks. Created the TSA and started the first Fast & Furious.

What has the Democrats done about it? Expanded TSA powers, piled massively onto the deficit, bailed out huge businesses and brought us such lovely laws as the one prohibiting free speech anywhere the SS operates.

So tell me again, which party is better than the other? Because where I'm sitting, they do the exact same crap. Worse yet, it becomes a game of partisan politics, where Republicans blame Democrats and vice versa, whereas reality is it's the entire federal government and not just one party. If ever there does come a time where one must take up arms against the government, it's going to be turned into a partisan issue, like what is happening now. Doesn't matter if the reason is because their rights are being trampled on to a point where they can no longer sit back and do nothing, it's going to be that group you hate because you don't agree with all their politics.

United we stand but divided we are being conquered by the biggest threat to freedom this nation has ever faced; the Republican and Democratic parties.

Technically he is readying to take up arms against the U.N. to protect his county.....and the problem with this is?

Besides the raising taxes part, the hiring more "veteran" cops part, and the arming the new veterans to the teeth with gadgets and gizmos of war.....to protect Lubbock Texas from the U.N......wait, did he say the U.N. will invade Lubbock?......Really? As in Lubbock.....in Texas?.....dude is a nut.....Lubbock Texas.....give me a break.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Banned
    People really need to drop this Democrat vs Republican crap. What are the most pressing issues that this country faces? The continuing degradation of our rights, despite the few wins the 2A has had lately. The downward spiraling economy. The rise of the police state.
    But are not these not political issues? But I don't think its strictly a democrat v. republican issue as republicans support many of these goals too.

These are the most pressing issues, they are the ones dragging our country down. So what has the Republicans done about it? Let's see, Bush championed PATRIOT Acts I&II, created the massive deficit. Bailed out huge banks. Created the TSA and started the first Fast & Furious.

What has the Democrats done about it? Expanded TSA powers, piled massively onto the deficit, bailed out huge businesses and brought us such lovely laws as the one prohibiting free speech anywhere the SS operates.

So tell me again, which party is better than the other? Because where I'm sitting, they do the exact same crap. Worse yet, it becomes a game of partisan politics, where Republicans blame Democrats and vice versa, whereas reality is it's the entire federal government and not just one party. If ever there does come a time where one must take up arms against the government, it's going to be turned into a partisan issue, like what is happening now. Doesn't matter if the reason is because their rights are being trampled on to a point where they can no longer sit back and do nothing, it's going to be that group you hate because you don't agree with all their politics.

United we stand but divided we are being conquered by the biggest threat to freedom this nation has ever faced; the Republican and Democratic parties.
    This is what I have been trying to tell people. Until we become Americans first again nothing is going to improve. And when it comes to 2A this is an American issue. I don't care what the parties say about it. They only use it to keep Americans divided as they do with other issues. We have to stop listing to them. We tend to think we are so independent but we allow the parties to not only control us but the country. Sad and scary.

Great post Jack.
    Last edited by KYKevin; 08-23-2012 at 02:09 PM.
    Kentucky Open Carry Group
    http://opencarry.niceboards.org/

We all speak of liberty and freedom like we are the only ones that know the truth and the right path. But if we expect everyone to accept and follow our path and to accept our truth and want to force it upon them then that is no longer liberty or freedom. It is slavery. I believe in liberty for all. Regardless of their political views, religion, race, sex, etc.

Activist Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    I've seen that video, it is actually legal becuase the Internal Security act makes it illegal to photograph military property without permission of the installation commander. it does not differentiate between taking photos from outside or inside the base. on the other hand military police technically have no legal authority over civilians, if a civie is arrested on base they can only be held in the stockade for as long as it takes for the FBI to come pick them up. however that's a huge step to shooting crowds of civilians.
    And you believe it is OK that the government has made it illegal for the citizens of the United States to take pictures of property WE own? Boy, I find that to be a little demeaning. There should not be laws concerning federal, state or local buildings or property that makes it illegal to do anything at/in these facilities and areas. The government property is OUR property! Why? Because WE are the government!
    "I never in my life seen a Kentuckian without a gun..."-Andrew Jackson

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."-Patrick Henry; speaking of protecting the rights of an armed citizenry.

Activist Member

Party politics was actually initiated in the Untied States with good intentions. The libertarians such as Jefferson and Madison wanted to differentiate themselves from the likes of John Adams and Alexander Hamilton. John Adams started as a dear friend to the country, and was a major contributor to seeking our independance, but once he became bitter towads Washington as his vice president, and received ill response in the news papers of the day he became almost fascist. It was started so people would know that the democratic-republican party stood by small government and the constitution, since correspondance in those days was hard to achieve nationally.

Today, however, our government has used the two-party system against the American people and the Constitution. We need to abolish a couple constitutional amendments that have been ratified along the way and return to the election process we had when this country was founded.
    "I never in my life seen a Kentuckian without a gun..."-Andrew Jackson

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."-Patrick Henry; speaking of protecting the rights of an armed citizenry.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast