• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"Texas judge warns of possible ‘civil war’ if President Obama is re-elected"

OC for ME

Why do these nut jobs think it is patriotic to take up arms against the government when their candidate loses the election?
Technically he is readying to take up arms against the U.N. to protect his county.....and the problem with this is?

Besides the raising taxes part, the hiring more "veteran" cops part, and the arming the new veterans to the teeth with gadgets and gizmos of war.....to protect Lubbock Texas from the U.N......wait, did he say the U.N. will invade Lubbock?......Really? As in Lubbock.....in Texas?.....dude is a nut.....Lubbock Texas.....give me a break.

davidmcbeth

Banned
People really need to drop this Democrat vs Republican crap. What are the most pressing issues that this country faces? The continuing degradation of our rights, despite the few wins the 2A has had lately. The downward spiraling economy. The rise of the police state.

But are not these not political issues? But I don't think its strictly a democrat v. republican issue as republicans support many of these goals too.

KYKevin

People really need to drop this Democrat vs Republican crap. What are the most pressing issues that this country faces? The continuing degradation of our rights, despite the few wins the 2A has had lately. The downward spiraling economy. The rise of the police state.

These are the most pressing issues, they are the ones dragging our country down. So what has the Republicans done about it? Let's see, Bush championed PATRIOT Acts I&II, created the massive deficit. Bailed out huge banks. Created the TSA and started the first Fast & Furious.

What has the Democrats done about it? Expanded TSA powers, piled massively onto the deficit, bailed out huge businesses and brought us such lovely laws as the one prohibiting free speech anywhere the SS operates.

So tell me again, which party is better than the other? Because where I'm sitting, they do the exact same crap. Worse yet, it becomes a game of partisan politics, where Republicans blame Democrats and vice versa, whereas reality is it's the entire federal government and not just one party. If ever there does come a time where one must take up arms against the government, it's going to be turned into a partisan issue, like what is happening now. Doesn't matter if the reason is because their rights are being trampled on to a point where they can no longer sit back and do nothing, it's going to be that group you hate because you don't agree with all their politics.

United we stand but divided we are being conquered by the biggest threat to freedom this nation has ever faced; the Republican and Democratic parties.

This is what I have been trying to tell people. Until we become Americans first again nothing is going to improve. And when it comes to 2A this is an American issue. I don't care what the parties say about it. They only use it to keep Americans divided as they do with other issues. We have to stop listing to them. We tend to think we are so independent but we allow the parties to not only control us but the country. Sad and scary.

Great post Jack.

Last edited:

KYGlockster

Activist Member
I've seen that video, it is actually legal becuase the Internal Security act makes it illegal to photograph military property without permission of the installation commander. it does not differentiate between taking photos from outside or inside the base. on the other hand military police technically have no legal authority over civilians, if a civie is arrested on base they can only be held in the stockade for as long as it takes for the FBI to come pick them up. however that's a huge step to shooting crowds of civilians.

And you believe it is OK that the government has made it illegal for the citizens of the United States to take pictures of property WE own? Boy, I find that to be a little demeaning. There should not be laws concerning federal, state or local buildings or property that makes it illegal to do anything at/in these facilities and areas. The government property is OUR property! Why? Because WE are the government!

KYGlockster

Activist Member

These are the most pressing issues, they are the ones dragging our country down. So what has the Republicans done about it? Let's see, Bush championed PATRIOT Acts I&II, created the massive deficit. Bailed out huge banks. Created the TSA and started the first Fast & Furious.

What has the Democrats done about it? Expanded TSA powers, piled massively onto the deficit, bailed out huge businesses and brought us such lovely laws as the one prohibiting free speech anywhere the SS operates.

So tell me again, which party is better than the other? Because where I'm sitting, they do the exact same crap. Worse yet, it becomes a game of partisan politics, where Republicans blame Democrats and vice versa, whereas reality is it's the entire federal government and not just one party. If ever there does come a time where one must take up arms against the government, it's going to be turned into a partisan issue, like what is happening now. Doesn't matter if the reason is because their rights are being trampled on to a point where they can no longer sit back and do nothing, it's going to be that group you hate because you don't agree with all their politics.

United we stand but divided we are being conquered by the biggest threat to freedom this nation has ever faced; the Republican and Democratic parties.

Party politics was actually initiated in the Untied States with good intentions. The libertarians such as Jefferson and Madison wanted to differentiate themselves from the likes of John Adams and Alexander Hamilton. John Adams started as a dear friend to the country, and was a major contributor to seeking our independance, but once he became bitter towads Washington as his vice president, and received ill response in the news papers of the day he became almost fascist. It was started so people would know that the democratic-republican party stood by small government and the constitution, since correspondance in those days was hard to achieve nationally.

Today, however, our government has used the two-party system against the American people and the Constitution. We need to abolish a couple constitutional amendments that have been ratified along the way and return to the election process we had when this country was founded.

KYKevin

Party politics was actually initiated in the Untied States with good intentions. The libertarians such as Jefferson and Madison wanted to differentiate themselves from the likes of John Adams and Alexander Hamilton. John Adams started as a dear friend to the country, and was a major contributor to seeking our independance, but once he became bitter towads Washington as his vice president, and received ill response in the news papers of the day he became almost fascist. It was started so people would know that the democratic-republican party stood by small government and the constitution, since correspondance in those days was hard to achieve nationally.

Today, however, our government has used the two-party system against the American people and the Constitution. We need to abolish a couple constitutional amendments that have been ratified along the way and return to the election process we had when this country was founded.

I can remember as a child we learned that voting was private and sacred. That is why there was a curtain when you went in to vote so no one knew who you was voting for. Now they get us to openly go out and tell everyone who we are voting for. Get us to put up signs and take polls. Why do we even put the curtains up? Just put a great big electronic sign over each booth so people can see who you vote for. I mean it seems that it doesn't even really matter any more.

PavePusher

Did ya see the video of Vandenburg AF base with MPs harassing people off base? One should not even think a soldier is not going to follow an unlawful order - they will. And look - we are seeing troops in their fatigues all over the place now .. they are just getting us primed I think.

I called a local CO and complained about all the soldiers walking around in fatigues and he saw nothing wrong with it; I am starting to take my complaints right to the troops now..asking why they are in their fatigues and informing them that I don't like it. Want to walk around in uniform in public? Wear your dress uniforms. They look like slobs and they look like they are invading us!

You go wear a dress uniform for normal duties. Let us know how that works out for you.

PavePusher

Did ya see the video of Vandenburg AF base with MPs harassing people off base? One should not even think a soldier is not going to follow an unlawful order - they will. And look - we are seeing troops in their fatigues all over the place now .. they are just getting us primed I think.

I called a local CO and complained about all the soldiers walking around in fatigues and he saw nothing wrong with it; I am starting to take my complaints right to the troops now..asking why they are in their fatigues and informing them that I don't like it. Want to walk around in uniform in public? Wear your dress uniforms. They look like slobs and they look like they are invading us!

P.S. What video? Who was being harassed about what? Got a link?

georg jetson

Do you have cites or links to prove fraud and deceit. Last time I checked Ron Paul was out voted in the primaries.

Well... start with the link I provided. Ron Paul WON almost all of the delegates in La.

Get off your butt and find out what it is your own party is doing instead of asking people to do your homework.

It has been proven that the Republican party is not a viable option to get the people back in control. As has been suggested, it is the oppisite side of the same coin. It's unforutane that this judge is acting irresponsibly, but I can understand his frustration. No excuse. The Libertarian party members have been working hard to give us legal/practical options. We should get educated about what they're doing and consider the Gary Johnson/Jim Grey ticket. Civil war is not the answer, especially when we have mechanisms in place that are far from exhaustion.

WalkingWolf

Well... start with the link I provided. Ron Paul WON almost all of the delegates in La.

Get off your butt and find out what it is your own party is doing instead of asking people to do your homework.

It has been proven that the Republican party is not a viable option to get the people back in control. As has been suggested, it is the oppisite side of the same coin. It's unforutane that this judge is acting irresponsibly, but I can understand his frustration. No excuse. The Libertarian party members have been working hard to give us legal/practical options. We should get educated about what they're doing and consider the Gary Johnson/Jim Grey ticket. Civil war is not the answer, especially when we have mechanisms in place that are far from exhaustion.

WEll... maybe he should run for president of La. Now did he win the majority of delegates in all of the states?

since9

Campaign Veteran
I think it's funny that the judge actually believes that his little army could match the sheer Might of the U.S. Military. I get that he is referring to UN troops coming in, but wouldn't U.S. troops basically be UN troops by then?--yes.

No. Even if directly ordered to wear the blue helmets, our oaths remain to the Constitution.

It's crazy to see a bunch of white men seething with paranoia.

It's crazy to any bunch of people seething with paranoia.

Beretta92FSLady

So you +1 that the threat is partisan politics. But you keep talking about the "right". Doesn't that make you part of the threat? Did you also think it was funny that the colonials believed that their little army could match the sheer might of the British military?

and the bunch of white men comment could be construed to be both sexist and racist.

Don't worry, when I get the chance, and am not banned from Left-fringe forums, I have plenty to state there. Like I stated though, I am usually banned.

There are a bunch of White Men doing what I stated.

Beretta92FSLady

If you dont think his "little army" cant stand up to the US military, both in equipment and soldiers, just remember that the insurgents we fight have kept us at bay for some time now. The US military has many restrictions (which may or may not come into play should the military been ordered against the citizens) and those restrictions keep the proverbial hand tied. The insurgents also have home turf advatage along with being an un-uniformed force with no defined tactics. Ma & Pa texans would probably fit into that category.[snippers]

I didn't state they Can't stand up against the US military; they can. I stated that they will have their collective ass handed to them. Americans don't have the where-with-all that the Taliban have. They think they are going to heaven and getting 72 virgins; what do Americans have?: so-called Principle, pft!

Last edited:

OC for ME

I didn't state they Can't stand up against the US military; they can. I stated that they will have their collective ass handed to them. Americans don't have the where-with-all that the Taliban have. They think they are going to heaven and getting 72 virgins; what do Americans have?: so-called Principle, pft!
Shutdown twitter by government order and you watch what happens. Facebutt gets the ax by gocernment order and most teens and tweeners are gunna start stuffing cloth into their daddy's whiskey bottles.

WalkingWolf

Do you mean the way Mussolini handed the Italian population their ass in his final days? Or the Muammar Gaddafi? Shaw of Iran? Or the way the Cuban revolutionaries had their ass handed to them?

acmariner99

You also neglect our own history -- we decided to fight the largest and most advanced army in the world when we fought for our independence - largely on principle.

The Confederate armies were out manned and outgunned throughout the Civil War and many historians believe their devotion to their ideals kept them in the fight a lot longer than they would have otherwise - (their normally brilliant generals were a big help too)

Principles or a cause or lack thereof can be just as big of an advantage in war as leadership, tactics, and equipment -- see the Art of War

Aknazer

There are rules/laws about taking pictures of bases, and it's not uncommon for the land directly around the fence/gates to still be federal property. As such even if a person is "off base" they could actually still be on base property and thus have to follow the rules of the base.

Not going to wear my dress uniform every time I want to swing by Wal-Mart or something on my way home from work. Or if I decide to go somewhere for lunch, or have to run some errand off-base during the workday. Keep crying, don't care and it's not going to change.