• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"Texas judge warns of possible ‘civil war’ if President Obama is re-elected"

Beretta92FSLady

"Texas judge warns of possible ‘civil war’ if President Obama is re-elected"

It is this type of nonsense that drive Gun Clinging worry-warts on the fringe-Right to potentially get into a confrontation with the State. Let's keep a level head here people.

And you may be asking, what does this have to do with the Second Amendment, generally?: refer to the red:

"He's going to try to hand over the sovereignty of the United States to the U.N., and what is going to happen when that happens?," Head asked.

"I'm thinking the worst. Civil unrest, civil disobedience, civil war maybe. And we're not just talking a few riots here and demonstrations, we're talking Lexington, Concord, take up arms and get rid of the guy.

"Now what's going to happen if we do that, if the public decides to do that? He's going to send in U.N. troops. I don't want 'em in Lubbock County. OK. So I'm going to stand in front of their armored personnel carrier and say 'you're not coming in here'.

"And the sheriff, I've already asked him, I said 'you gonna back me' he said, 'yeah, I'll back you'. Well, I don't want a bunch of rookies back there. I want trained, equipped, seasoned veteran officers to back me."
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout...ible-civil-war-president-obama-230545603.html

I wonder, is this a shot over the bow from the Right?--I think it is.

I think it's funny that the judge actually believes that his little army could match the sheer Might of the U.S. Military. I get that he is referring to UN troops coming in, but wouldn't U.S. troops basically be UN troops by then?--yes.

It's crazy to see a bunch of white men seething with paranoia. BTW, he wants to raise taxes for an extra 800,000 bucks for their defense.--not a fleeb compared to the U.S. Military budget.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

It is this type of nonsense that drive Gun Clinging worry-warts on the fringe-Right to potentially get into a confrontation with the State. Let's keep a level head here people.

And you may be asking, what does this have to do with the Second Amendment, generally?: refer to the red:

I think it's funny that the judge actually believes that his little army could match the sheer Might of the U.S. Military. I get that he is referring to UN troops coming in, but wouldn't U.S. troops basically be UN troops by then?--yes.

It's crazy to see a bunch of white men seething with paranoia. BTW, he wants to raise taxes for an extra 800,000 bucks for their defense.--not a fleeb compared to the U.S. Military budget.

A soldier takes a oath to the constitution, and the constitution is there to protect the people. Under UCMJ being given an unlawful order is not an excuse for an illegal act. There is good reason to believe that some US troops and commanders will refuse to fire on US citizens. The UN military cannot fight their way out of a wet paper bag. If Obama makes such a huge error as to target citizens HERE, I believe he will be no better than Mussolini. I believe we would see a military govt until new elections could be held.

davidmcbeth

Banned
A soldier takes a oath to the constitution, and the constitution is there to protect the people. Under UCMJ being given an unlawful order is not an excuse for an illegal act. There is good reason to believe that some US troops and commanders will refuse to fire on US citizens. The UN military cannot fight their way out of a wet paper bag. If Obama makes such a huge error as to target citizens HERE, I believe he will be no better than Mussolini. I believe we would see a military govt until new elections could be held.

Did ya see the video of Vandenburg AF base with MPs harassing people off base? One should not even think a soldier is not going to follow an unlawful order - they will. And look - we are seeing troops in their fatigues all over the place now .. they are just getting us primed I think.

I called a local CO and complained about all the soldiers walking around in fatigues and he saw nothing wrong with it; I am starting to take my complaints right to the troops now..asking why they are in their fatigues and informing them that I don't like it. Want to walk around in uniform in public? Wear your dress uniforms. They look like slobs and they look like they are invading us!

Jack House

The most dangerous threat to America is the partisan politics. Not even what the politicians do themselves. It's the people buying into the crap hook, line and sinker and getting militant about supporting their chosen party/condemning the other.

WalkingWolf

Did ya see the video of Vandenburg AF base with MPs harassing people off base? One should not even think a soldier is not going to follow an unlawful order - they will. And look - we are seeing troops in their fatigues all over the place now .. they are just getting us primed I think.

I called a local CO and complained about all the soldiers walking around in fatigues and he saw nothing wrong with it; I am starting to take my complaints right to the troops now..asking why they are in their fatigues and informing them that I don't like it. Want to walk around in uniform in public? Wear your dress uniforms. They look like slobs and they look like they are invading us!

I have seen military in fatigues most of my life, I go to the grocery store and I will see at least a dozen~~So What?

Beretta92FSLady

The most dangerous threat to America is the partisan politics. Not even what the politicians do themselves. It's the people buying into the crap hook, line and sinker and getting militant about supporting their chosen party/condemning the other.

Hammer, meet nail-head. +1

Last edited:

Lasjayhawk

So you +1 that the threat is partisan politics. But you keep talking about the "right". Doesn't that make you part of the threat? Did you also think it was funny that the colonials believed that their little army could match the sheer might of the British military?

and the bunch of white men comment could be construed to be both sexist and racist.

Last edited:

Jack House

Yeah, it can also mean conservative trapped in right wing politics with no knowledge of the facts as well.

EMNofSeattle

I've seen that video, it is actually legal becuase the Internal Security act makes it illegal to photograph military property without permission of the installation commander. it does not differentiate between taking photos from outside or inside the base. on the other hand military police technically have no legal authority over civilians, if a civie is arrested on base they can only be held in the stockade for as long as it takes for the FBI to come pick them up. however that's a huge step to shooting crowds of civilians.

georg jetson

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

beebobby

Why do these nut jobs think it is patriotic to take up arms against the government when their candidate loses the election?

davidmcbeth

Banned
Why do these nut jobs think it is patriotic to take up arms against the government when their candidate loses the election?

My candidates never win ... I should have a complete army and navy and air force ready by now.

Still, its better than being a democrat !

KYKevin

Because they don't believe in the process unless they win. I'm a republican and I have nothing against Obama. He won that's it. Move on. He will prob win this election too. If so that is the process. Even though I am a republican. I AM AN AMERICAN FIRST! Parties be damned!

cabledawg

If you dont think his "little army" cant stand up to the US military, both in equipment and soldiers, just remember that the insurgents we fight have kept us at bay for some time now. The US military has many restrictions (which may or may not come into play should the military been ordered against the citizens) and those restrictions keep the proverbial hand tied. The insurgents also have home turf advatage along with being an un-uniformed force with no defined tactics. Ma & Pa texans would probably fit into that category.

I have to agree that there are many of us who will NOT follow an order to subdue US citizens. There are many sheeple out there as well, but I think the few non followers will send a shockwave throughout the military community that may prevent a full on civil war. What I'm more afraid of is the UN bringing in foriegn troops at which time I will hope US citizens treat that like an invasions and act accordingly.

In regards to the MP's off base, if this is the story I'm thinking of, the MP's were out looking for troops that had been causing problems around the off base community. As mentioned before, the military has no authority over civilians unless on base, but the UCMJ follows military members everywhere, on base, off base, on duty and off duty. Those MPs were attempting to discourage troops from acting stupid. As a local store owner, wouldnt you feel better knowing that the military was policing its members?

Now if you are going to complain about the wear of the uniform off base, get over it. I'm authorized to wear my uniform off base so long as I'm at lunch (even then I have restrictions as to where I can eat/dine) or running errands on my way home. It's a part of life around a military installation and shouldnt ever be taken as a means of intimidation. You dont complain about a uniformed police officer or a uniformed nurse or even the guy who works at Sears wearing his logo'ed shirt to pick up his kid from daycare. It's a uniform and that's it.

Jack House

People really need to drop this Democrat vs Republican crap. What are the most pressing issues that this country faces? The continuing degradation of our rights, despite the few wins the 2A has had lately. The downward spiraling economy. The rise of the police state.

These are the most pressing issues, they are the ones dragging our country down. So what has the Republicans done about it? Let's see, Bush championed PATRIOT Acts I&II, created the massive deficit. Bailed out huge banks. Created the TSA and started the first Fast & Furious.

What has the Democrats done about it? Expanded TSA powers, piled massively onto the deficit, bailed out huge businesses and brought us such lovely laws as the one prohibiting free speech anywhere the SS operates.

So tell me again, which party is better than the other? Because where I'm sitting, they do the exact same crap. Worse yet, it becomes a game of partisan politics, where Republicans blame Democrats and vice versa, whereas reality is it's the entire federal government and not just one party. If ever there does come a time where one must take up arms against the government, it's going to be turned into a partisan issue, like what is happening now. Doesn't matter if the reason is because their rights are being trampled on to a point where they can no longer sit back and do nothing, it's going to be that group you hate because you don't agree with all their politics.

United we stand but divided we are being conquered by the biggest threat to freedom this nation has ever faced; the Republican and Democratic parties.