• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Who needs to protect themselves at VCU?

MamabearCali

See I think different. If you want to hand something over throw it then throw lead. I am betting these guys are cowards and will ditch the effort when things go sour. Besides if they dont just take what you have but want to beat you for sport and they hen discover your weapon you are dead. Better to take your gun out on your terms not theirs.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
This one is a real difficult one to call. 15 people crowding around but only one throwing punches? After getting punched to the ground are you going to be physically able to draw? Are you going to be able aim at the true threat among all those bodies? (Yes, I am presuming that being beaten to the ground is an imminent threat of death or serious bodily injury, even to an otherwise healthy individual.)

The problem with chirping about situational awareness is that if one were situationally aware one would have attempted to cross the street or reverse direction and remain ahead of the crowd. In either case the ferals win, and I find that unacceptable. We should not have to give them control of the street. But aside from preemptively mowing down every group of more than two that walks towards me (and being ready to do the same to any one or two coming my way) I just do not know how to keep them from winning by default.

What I would like to know is why, if there was survelience video available, the VCUPD/RPD was not watching the monitors and dispatching patrols when the large group was first spotted. Yes, that's profiling. That's what crime prevention does - identify potential threats and then monitor them. It may not stop anything from being started but it could put help closer once the rodeo commences. (Yes, that was in fact a rhetorical question - when you need the cops they are only minutes away and SCOTUS said they have no duty to protect any specific individual.)

stay safe.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I think most or all were on bicycles Skid.
Only one punched someone and I don't think it was much of a punch. The only thing stolen was apack of cigarettes and the only thing hurt was pride.

It was a case of Townies being Townies and Richmond Townies score high on the undesirable scale.
This is what happens when you put an artsy school slam dunk in the middle of a tinsel covered ghetto.

I'm not real fond of surveillance cameras or Cops responding to groups they think may be trouble. That smacks of NOVA and has no place here.

You have to be careful when you blow on the Conch Shell.

Last edited:

67GT390FB

I think most or all were on bicycles Skid.
Only one punched someone and I don't think it was much of a punch. The only thing stolen was apack of cigarettes and the only thing hurt was pride.

It was a case of Townies being Townies and Richmond Townies score high on the undesirable scale.
This is what happens when you put an artsy school slam dunk in the middle of a tinsel covered ghetto.

I'm not real fond of surveillance cameras or Cops responding to groups they think may be trouble. That smacks of NOVA and has no place here.

You have to be careful when you blow on the Conch Shell.

the video i saw on the news last night had them all on foot and a decent picture of one girl in a baseball cap looking at the camera so hopefully they will catch the group of little punks before they graduate to beating on the wrong person and we have another trayvon situation or worse yet multiple little miscreants bleeding out on video.

Wolf_shadow

Activist Member
Just saw the video and did not See anyone on bikes.
Reported possibly high school kids.
I agree they need to be caught before they attack Wrong person.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk