• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Forum

kanekutter05

New Colorado OC Forum - Really?

Don't know if this is new info or not but I thought I'd make it known at the very least. Not really a fan of people secluding themselves because they don't like what others have to say. So if anyone wants to join in Colorado discussions, most of the CO guys here moved to:

http://opencarrycolorado.com/forums/index.php

Disagreement is what discussions forums are all about. It's about voicing your opinion on a subject. I think people from other places should be able to come in and get educated on a topic. Seems like alot of people on here wanted to take their ball and go home, so they made a new forum. I think that's a stupid choice personally. You may do what you wish with this info, just thought everyone should know.

Last edited:

M-Taliesin

Disagreement is what discussions forums are all about. It's about voicing your opinion on a subject.
I think that's a stupid choice personally. You may do what you wish with this info, just thought everyone should know.

Howdy!
I truthfully wasn't going to come back here for much of anything, because I and many others simply don't need this sort of nonsense.
It isn't about debating issues, and it ain't about disagreements.
It's about having common courtesy for others.
It is about a basic, garden variety of respect for others.
But in your own statement, highlighted above...
You feel obliged to call our decision "stupid".
You also seem obliged to make other insulting remarks because we exercised our freedom of will to vote with our feet.

The chronic and frequent name calling, belittling of others, putting folks down and running off newcomers to the Colorado board of OCDO resulted in the creation of an new board where civility exists, and doesn't really need to be enforced because folks in Colorado tend to be brought up to respect others, extend courtesy, and treat others in a manner appropriate. That has not been what members of the Colorado delegation got back in return.

So you disagree that we should free ourselves from those who troll for trouble? You disagree with our decision to take our business elsewhere?
You disagree that we have a right to shun the abuse frequently heaped on our members? You can have your opinion, and we have made our own quite clear.

The rules of OCDO state very clearly that insults and character assassinations are prohibited, but that rule has no effect on some who are imperious enough to disregard the rules and enjoy impunity in doing so. They come to the Colorado board of OCDO and attack................. not debate........... not discuss......... but demean and belittle our bretheren Coloradoans. We do not need to put up with that nonsensical, unwanted, and unacceptable behavior.

So, surprise.... we exercised our right to take our forum business to a new venue.
We too our business to a new board where civility is the rule.
We took our business where every member is entitled to respect, dignity and honor.

I do not believe those who post with pseudo-intellectual points of view infused with a heady dose of insult and disrespect realize their put-downs do no harm to the good people of Colorado, but instead, reveal the content of their own character. But we don't need to deal with their lack of respect, nor their insulting remarks, nor their opinions 'shared' with a cutting edge of incivility.

You may answer this post if you like, but I ain't likely to read it.
I have more positive and productive uses of my time.

Coloradoans are welcome on the new board.
Those who have need to put down others, who lack basic respect of others, those who lack an ability to discuss or debate topics without insult or belittling others for holding a contrary point of view... well... you won't find access to the new board.

Just because some come in here and shovel a load of crap in our faces doesn't mean we must, perforce, wallow in it!

Enjoy what's left of the OCDO Colorado board.
Those who find themselves fed up with the nonsense can come back home to saddle up with folks of your own ilk, who learned a basic rule way back in childhood....
"Do to others what you'd have done to you."
Oh, but that sounds terribly Biblical, and I'm sure that'll get picked apart by the same folks who abused us beyond tolerance, but nevertheless think themselves "people of the book". Folks who claim the path, but don't embrace it by living according to the principals involved.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

kanekutter05

Good for you guys. Honestly if the thread on MWAG was what sent you guys over the edge, then you shouldn't be on the internet. If you think THAT was attacking and trolling then I don't think you know what those two things are. He gave up his rights unnecessarily and people were pointing out why that might not be a good idea. He was super sensitive and got butt hurt. Oh well. Apparently you guys were as well. And I could care less if you don't read this. You enjoy being secluded and good luck getting new members. You're going to need it.

mahkagari

Good for you guys.

Thanks for the info, Kane. OCDO is a great place to get opinions from people nationwide. But it's good to know that there's a forum dedicated to local people networking and establishing RL friendships. You know me, I'm always about "thinking local" and state sovreignty. There are times when I just don't need the opinion of someone 3000 miles away about what goes on in my backyard. In many cases, someone without a vested interest in the local issue but needing to put their $0.02 in detracts from the conversation. Hell, I'd love to see a law passed in CO that out of state lobbyist organizations are not allowed to run political ads in our state.

You said the address was http://opencarrycolorado.com/forums/index.php ? I'll take a look.

Last edited:

Kingfish

It's about having common courtesy for others.

It is about a basic, garden variety of respect for others.

The rules of OCDO state very clearly that insults and character assassinations are prohibited, but that rule has no effect on some who are imperious enough to disregard the rules and enjoy impunity in doing so
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?102192-Open-Carry-with-a-Snit!
M-Taliesin said:
There I stood, wearing a hat that costs more than the cashier will make in a week of hard work. Standing there with a pistol on my hip that cost more than he'll be paid in a 2 week check. My wife (because of her condition) pays more for medication in a month that the little twerp will earn in a whole darn year! I have car payments now that are likely more per month than he'll earn over 30 days!

Coloradoans are welcome on the new board.
And screw those that are looking to move to or visit Colorado?

twoskinsonemanns

It's a real shame to see such division among people that agree fundamentally.

Children easily get their feelings hurt. People who are truly dedicated to an idea will stick together. The others who will 'take their ball and go home' will end up alone.

kanekutter05

It's a real shame to see such division among people that agree fundamentally.

Children easily get their feelings hurt. People who are truly dedicated to an idea will stick together. The others who will 'take their ball and go home' will end up alone.

The reason the gun community is where it is today is because it destroys itself from the inside through people like those who seceded from here.

M-Taliesin

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?102192-Open-Carry-with-a-Snit!

And screw those that are looking to move to or visit Colorado?

Hello!
Once again, missing the point entirely.
It is more like screw those who cannot condcut themselves respectfully and with civility.
I thought that was clear.

And it wasn't just about the MWAG thing either.

I thought I made that pretty clear as well.

Folks pick what they will, and we've seen some defend behavior that is contrary to the rules of OCDO.
Nothing gets done to uphold those rules on OCDO, so we go off to do something different and better,
where the dignity and respect for every individual is upheld.
The howls of indignation because we chose to have a place for civil discourse in an atmosphere where the dignity of every individual is ensured is irrelevant.

Thank you for your input.

But quoting something said about an individual with nothing to do whatsoever with OCDO, 2a Rights, open carry, or anything similar is also irrelevant.
As is holding a grudge over a post intended essentially in jest, as others managed to understand quite nicely as the sarcasm intended, is irrelevant.

That we now have a forum of the people, for the people and by the people of Colorado is evidently just as senseless as having
a government of the people, for the people and by the people of the United States of America.

Guess there will ever be some just don't get it.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Last edited:

Kingfish

But quoting something said about an individual with nothing to do whatsoever with OCDO, 2a Rights, open carry, or anything similar is also irrelevant.
Then it was also irrelevant when you posted it in the first place. It was yet another opportunity for the great MT to show off. If me quoting it is irrelevant then why did you post it to begin with?

M-Taliesin

I am perfectly happy right here on OCDO thanks.

I have visited Colorado and absolutely loved it. I plan on hitching up the wagons in a year or so and heading west.

Howdy Pard!
And we look forward to having you join our community here.
I don't know much about you other than you being an OC'er, but if you want to see some terrific back country up here, just let me know.
I can show you some of those Jeep trails that are terrific fun.

Just don't ask me to tackle Radical Hill! A friend of mine did that with his rig, and he's got lots of experience 4-wheeling.
He said he'd never do that again, and it was scary for him. With that sort of endorsement, I don't think I'll be trying that anytime soon!

Come on out. There ain't any shortage of stuff to enjoy!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

LoneEchoWolf

You enjoy being secluded and good luck getting new members. You're going to need it.

looks like our 48 members and climbing with a total of 690 posts doesn't need your good luck. You alone helped us get 10 members over to our boards by directly going against what OCDO advises and posted a link to a outside thread and advertised for us. thanks for the free advertisement. maybe if you would have thought about it before being a kid and trying to start a fight you would have thought, hmm maybe me posting a link to there site will only help them, not hinder them. Personally i love not having to worry about logging on after a long day and wading through all the junk to get to the real stuff. Or having to listen to someone from 7 states away go off at the mouth about what they would have done, but the catch is, they are not me, they do not live here, they do not understand.

As for the Colorado Forum, Anyone living in, visiting, or moving to Colorado are welcome, even out of state people are Welcome! OH and i just have to point out that not too long ago you all were HOPEING MT returned and joined in the convo on another thread, yet turn around and trash talk and try to pull out quotes that have nothing to do with anything on this one. its one way or the other, cant have your cake and eat it too. Hope to see all you civilized Colorado members on our new respectful forum!

since9

Campaign Veteran
To reiterate:

The chronic and frequent name calling, belittling of others, putting folks down and running off newcomers to the Colorado board of OCDO resulted in the creation of an new board where civility exists, and doesn't really need to be enforced because folks in Colorado tend to be brought up to respect others, extend courtesy, and treat others in a manner appropriate.

Exactly. I'd add that we tried to get the moderators here to intervene, but they largely declined. The new forum allows us to discuss Colorado-specific open carry issues under proper moderation which keeps the heckling and disruption from out-of-state to a minimum.

mahkagari

The new forum allows us to discuss Colorado-specific open carry issues under proper moderation which keeps the heckling and disruption from out-of-state to a minimum.

[video=youtube;Ugpg8XruhVk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ugpg8XruhVk[/video]

Even without any rule breaking, the constant peanut gallery yapping is just obnoxious. I'm not talking about people who are actually interested in contributing to local conversations. But there are a good amount of people who will travel from forum to forum, reading half a post and fire off an obnoxious response just to hear themselves speak. It's one thing if it's someone local or otherwise a regular poster who wants to engage and connect with people. It's trolling at best and just internet barf at worst.

since9

Campaign Veteran
Even without any rule breaking, the constant peanut gallery yapping is just obnoxious. I'm not talking about people who are actually interested in contributing to local conversations. But there are a good amount of people who will travel from forum to forum, reading half a post and fire off an obnoxious response just to hear themselves speak. It's one thing if it's someone local or otherwise a regular poster who wants to engage and connect with people. It's trolling at best and just internet barf at worst.

You said it! And better than I did. :)

since9

Campaign Veteran
You said it! And better than I did. :)

Too bad the admins and mods around here continually refuse to moderate. No keeping the riff-raff in check, and the admins must have inadvertently disabled one of the most common and widely-used thread tools on the planet -- merge -- as I have yet to see any use of it here.

I've offered my services as an admin/mod with 26 years of experience, but to date they've politically declined. Reminds me of the line in the movie Twister:

Jo: "Can I drive?"
Bill: "No."
Jo: "Then would you?"

You haven't, so... Off to the new forum!

Last edited: