Thread: Western Idaho Fair

Western Idaho Fair

Has anyone gone to the Fair yet, OC? I did several times last year with no problems and a couple of positive comments.

Not in town this year so I can't go.

fair

planned on having a few so i didn't carry. when the five O were searching the girls purses i asked "why" they said weapons! i asked if it was all right to carry concealed, response "with a permit". how about open carry? "yes". im glad those officers knew the law.

not a hundred percent but i think the searches were optional to the purses attending. the girls being from cali will not flex rights and fold so i didn't bother.

Quote Originally Posted by jugglzo View Post
    planned on having a few so i didn't carry. when the five O were searching the girls purses i asked "why" they said weapons! i asked if it was all right to carry concealed, response "with a permit". how about open carry? "yes". im glad those officers knew the law.

not a hundred percent but i think the searches were optional to the purses attending. the girls being from cali will not flex rights and fold so i didn't bother.
    Last year we went to the fair and I was OCing and my wife was CCing, they searched her purse and didn't see her kel-tec as they didn't look in all the pockets. She has a CC purse and they didn't look in the side pocket.....morons.

Open carried at county fair

I enjoy having my ccp but in the summer time it can be a little hard to conceal my SR-9. I carry on my side and most T-shirts are not long enough. So I often will just oc. Occasionally I will be asked to leave an establishment, but usually am left alone. A few weeks ago I went to the Jerome county fair with my wife while open carrying. I walked by several police and sheriff but not one of them bothered me. However I did find it a little uneasy with all the looks I received. In general I think if you keep a nice appearance and are confident with yourself, the cops can generally assess that you are on the up and up. I carry everywhere I go and what a comforting feeling to kn ow that I choose NOT to be a helpless victim if a lunatic decides to take out his anger on me or anyone around me. God Bless Idaho!