• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Western Idaho Fair

carracer

Has anyone gone to the Fair yet, OC? I did several times last year with no problems and a couple of positive comments.

Not in town this year so I can't go.

AK47hero

fair

planned on having a few so i didn't carry. when the five O were searching the girls purses i asked "why" they said weapons! i asked if it was all right to carry concealed, response "with a permit". how about open carry? "yes". im glad those officers knew the law.

not a hundred percent but i think the searches were optional to the purses attending. the girls being from cali will not flex rights and fold so i didn't bother.

DocWalker

planned on having a few so i didn't carry. when the five O were searching the girls purses i asked "why" they said weapons! i asked if it was all right to carry concealed, response "with a permit". how about open carry? "yes". im glad those officers knew the law.

not a hundred percent but i think the searches were optional to the purses attending. the girls being from cali will not flex rights and fold so i didn't bother.

Last year we went to the fair and I was OCing and my wife was CCing, they searched her purse and didn't see her kel-tec as they didn't look in all the pockets. She has a CC purse and they didn't look in the side pocket.....morons.

Huckleberry

Open carried at county fair

I enjoy having my ccp but in the summer time it can be a little hard to conceal my SR-9. I carry on my side and most T-shirts are not long enough. So I often will just oc. Occasionally I will be asked to leave an establishment, but usually am left alone. A few weeks ago I went to the Jerome county fair with my wife while open carrying. I walked by several police and sheriff but not one of them bothered me. However I did find it a little uneasy with all the looks I received. In general I think if you keep a nice appearance and are confident with yourself, the cops can generally assess that you are on the up and up. I carry everywhere I go and what a comforting feeling to kn ow that I choose NOT to be a helpless victim if a lunatic decides to take out his anger on me or anyone around me. God Bless Idaho!