Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mcdonalds does not support our rights

Mcdonalds does not support our rights

Hello, I'm a long time reader of these forums and first time poster so I'd like to simply start off by saying thank all of you for all the information. I've been openly carrying my S&W 637 for about a month or so now and up until today I've had no problems. My family and i went out to Mcdonalds for breakfast this morning and after being ignored by the elder gentlemen working the counter for about five minutes he came up to the register and said one word "gun." I asked what he meant and he said "i refuse to serve anyone who has a gun." Now before i started carrying i looked up all the stores and restaurants who don't allow open carry and Mcdonalds was assuredly not on any of those lists.

After asking flagging down the manager and explaining the situation she said she'd need to "check the book" and went to go do so. The employee looked at me and said "either way im not serving you" to which i responded "I'm just exercising my rights that thousands of Americans died protecting." His retort was a witty "So am I."

I've sent off a scathing email to Mcdonalds corporate office and don't really know what else i can do, i despise being treated rudely especially when I'm simply exercising my rights as an American citizen.

-Italic

Re: Mcdonalds does not support our rights

Mcdonalds is like Walmart. They do not have a side they follow local laws if OC is allowed they allow it, my brother is a store manager of mcdonalds and I've OC'd many times. I just don't make it known that he is my brother and don't expect the discount when I carry

Carry on

Re: Mcdonalds does not support our rights

I've never had any issues with mcdonalds either. Handled it well though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by CCinMaine View Post
    I've never had any issues with mcdonalds either. Handled it well though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Well thank you i pride myself on being able to keep a calm and level head in any situation. I think more than anything it was just a ignorant and rude employee who just wanted to cause a fuss.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Italic View Post

After asking flagging down the manager and explaining the situation she said she'd need to "check the book" and went to go do so. The employee looked at me and said "either way im not serving you" to which i responded "I'm just exercising my rights that thousands of Americans died protecting." His retort was a witty "So am I."

I've sent off a scathing email to Mcdonalds corporate office ..

-Italic
    Wellll, did you get served? I would have written to the owner of the McDs, not corporate...and complain about the employee stating his political views to you--you did not go there for that.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Wellll, did you get served? I would have written to the owner of the McDs, not corporate...and complain about the employee stating his political views to you--you did not go there for that.
    No after he said he wouldn't serve us either way i gathered my family and left. I refuse to spend money somewhere that doesn't respect my rights. I'm not sure how to contact the owner and even then do you think the owner would take the time to read an email?

Most Mc'Ds are franchise stores. Owner information is usually posted somewhere inside.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady
    I am no victim, just a poor college student who looks to the day where the rich have the living piss taxed out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by VW_Factor View Post
    Most Mc'Ds are franchise stores. Owner information is usually posted somewhere inside.
    Did not know that. Thank you for the information.

Mcdonalds does not support our rights

Funny what right did he have for not serving you? He is an employee with a job and bound by work policies. Imagine if he said he was not serving you because you were a minority or you had the wrong shirt on.

Banned
    I'm not sure how to contact the owner and even then do you think the owner would take the time to read an email?
    Are you kidding, an email? Look up the business and send, via the businesses registered agent, a demand letter asking for MONEY...that is the only thing businesses care about.

http://www.sos.state.co.us/biz/Busin...CriteriaExt.do

The smart mouth kid will be fired the next day and his employment records burned so that you have no witnesses to call for the business.

Business owners have better things to worry about than addressing your rights unless it will save him $$$.

And make it clear that you have suffered emotional distress.

Ask for $25K.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    The smart mouth kid will be fired the next day and his employment records burned so that you have no witnesses to call for the business.
    From the OP:

ignored by the elder gentlemen working the counter for about five minutes
    Anyhow, where was this? Maybe you can organize a cadre of OCers to shkoff some Egg McMuffins.

This is a list of all the McD's in Aurora (town listed on your profile)

http://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en/resta...do&postalCode=

click on "restuatant home page" on the appropriate listing, it will tell you the phone number, name of the manager of that location, and whether or not the store is corporate or franchised

I wouldn't say that blanket statement like you did about McD's though, when I was in Montana I went to a Mcdonalds on US 93 several times OCing my Model 10. never had an issue with them, although one of the employees wanted to know if I was carrying a colt or a S&W, and told me that If I had a colt revolver I wouldn't be welcome in the store... (I took this to be a joke)
    Last edited by EMNofSeattle; 08-23-2012 at 04:43 PM. Reason: adding content
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

which mcdonalds was it?
    But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most...
    A person who has for untold centuries maintained the imposing position of spiritual head of four-fifths of the human race...
    All religions issue bibles against him, and say the most injurious things about him, but we never hear his side. (twain)

Oh wow... what a little *****.

I would contact the franchise owner for sure and let him know how you were treated. Would like to know what store this is for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by ncwabbit View Post
    which mcdonalds was it?
    store 216 on Colfax and Kingston

Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    This is a list of all the McD's in Aurora (town listed on your profile)

http://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en/resta...do&postalCode=

click on "restuatant home page" on the appropriate listing, it will tell you the phone number, name of the manager of that location, and whether or not the store is corporate or franchised

I wouldn't say that blanket statement like you did about McD's though, when I was in Montana I went to a Mcdonalds on US 93 several times OCing my Model 10. never had an issue with them, although one of the employees wanted to know if I was carrying a colt or a S&W, and told me that If I had a colt revolver I wouldn't be welcome in the store... (I took this to be a joke)

on the McD list of stores in 80010 its number 2
    11025 E COLFAX AVE
    AURORA CO 80011-5717

I think what got me upset the most was that it was a guy in his 50's or 60's working the counter who just seemed to despise guns and anybody with them
    Last edited by Italic; 08-23-2012 at 05:38 PM.

on the McD list of stores in 80010 its number 2
    11025 E COLFAX AVE
    AURORA CO 80011-5717

I think what got me upset the most was that it was a guy in his 50's or 60's working the counter who just seemed to despise guns and anybody with them
    So I would contact McDonald's corporate, there's probably a regional district with a "district manager" who's basically the store managers "supervisor" if the manager on duty was just a shift lead or PIC (person in charge) then i'd start by filing a complaint to Mr. Dave K who's the actual location manager. if Dave K was the manager on duty you spoke to, I'd go to his regional manager for complaint.

And I would complain, even if McD's does have a no guns policy for customers (which I doubt) the way you were treated was unnacceptable. I've worked in retail before, I know that the employee is supposed to be polite to you, refusing a legal sale is not right for him to do so I'd go ahead and write a letter of complaint. It could be just talking to the restaurant manager could result in an attitude ajustment for the counterman right there.
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

11025 E COLFAX AVE
    AURORA CO 80011-5717
    Sounds like a prime location for a morning Aurora OC M&G.

Exactly. He must recognize that you're not a threat, or he wouldn't be giving you grief. In which case he is taking an issue with you for a legal choice. Imagine he had the same attitude with someone wearing a political button or religous symbol. Can you imagine what his employers would have to say?

That sounds like a horrible experience. You handled it well and I hope they send you some vouchers for free food and apologize.

Founder's Club Member
    The thread title is a little over-broad, I think.

I routinely enjoy the exquisite culinary delights of my local McDonalds (plural). Never had a problem with the gun. A few funny looks from new cashiers until they got to know me across a few visits, but shift managers and store managers have been very friendly.

A single counter person does not translate into an entire store, an entire chain by one franchisee, nor the corporate position.

A note to all readers. If you politely, with no rancor, acknowledge the individual refusing service, validate his position, and gently leave, you will automatically win the argument. You have recognized his rights even though he won't recognize yours.

"You won't serve an armed person? I understand. Perfectly valid position. That's the great thing about this country--you're totally within your rights. And, I completely respect your right to do so. Thanks for being frank about it." There is nothing he can say. You've totally disarmed him. Just quietly leave and take it up later.

But, first give it a chance for your classy exit to sink in.

This technique has worked for me. I literally did what I described above in a different restaurant with a hostess. On my next visit, another person standing at the hostess station commented negatively about the gun. The hostess spoke up and defended the right to bear arms!
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Rudimentary checking showed the store is supposedly a corp establishment run by 'monica' but here is a link to put in your comments re your experience to their corp hqs

http://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en/conta..._feedback.html

lee renz is president of the central division of the McDonald’s corp.

1-800-244-6227 is the corp feedback phone number...unfortunately i missed their operating hours (7-7 cst) so i couldn't get further info on who the district manager to contact...

sorry couldn't be more help...

wabbit
    But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most...
    A person who has for untold centuries maintained the imposing position of spiritual head of four-fifths of the human race...
    All religions issue bibles against him, and say the most injurious things about him, but we never hear his side. (twain)

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    I routinely enjoy the exquisite culinary delights of my local McDonalds (plural).
    McDonald'ses?

...it was a guy in his 50's or 60's working the counter...
    At McDonalds.

And you thought you were having a bad day?

Glad it wasn't me. I'd have probably replied "That attitude and voting for Obama are whats put you there at your age."

Definately follow up on it. Anti-gun people that refuse to acknowledge the law & rights should be held to FULL accountability of the rules & law - just as YOU would be if you carried somewhere against the law. They have a right to their opinion, but when they use it as an excuse to interfere with commerce, their employer, your rights - let the full weight of their actions fall on their head.

At present there is no law for illegally discharging their mouth in city limits so you have to work what avenues are available.

Activist Member
    Hello, I'm a long time reader of these forums and first time poster so I'd like to simply start off by saying thank all of you for all the information. I've been openly carrying my S&W 637 for about a month or so now and up until today I've had no problems. My family and i went out to Mcdonalds for breakfast this morning and after being ignored by the elder gentlemen working the counter for about five minutes he came up to the register and said one word "gun." I asked what he meant and he said "i refuse to serve anyone who has a gun." Now before i started carrying i looked up all the stores and restaurants who don't allow open carry and Mcdonalds was assuredly not on any of those lists.

I've sent off a scathing email to Mcdonalds corporate office and don't really know what else i can do, i despise being treated rudely especially when I'm simply exercising my rights as an American citizen.

-Italic
    Notify corporate and inform them of the McDonald's employee who is refusing service to the public. I am sure once they heard they have an employee (cashier no less) that is denying people service with an attitude they would have his manager speak with him. He is not a manager, and he has no right to refuse you anything. If McDonald's allows carry then he is violating more than one company policy I am sure.
    "I never in my life seen a Kentuckian without a gun..."-Andrew Jackson

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."-Patrick Henry; speaking of protecting the rights of an armed citizenry.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast