• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mcdonalds does not support our rights

ncwabbit

Rudimentary checking showed the store is supposedly a corp establishment run by 'monica' but here is a link to put in your comments re your experience to their corp hqs

http://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en/contact_us/restaurant_feedback.html

lee renz is president of the central division of the McDonald’s corp.

1-800-244-6227 is the corp feedback phone number...unfortunately i missed their operating hours (7-7 cst) so i couldn't get further info on who the district manager to contact...

sorry couldn't be more help...

wabbit

Saxxon

Glad it wasn't me. I'd have probably replied "That attitude and voting for Obama are whats put you there at your age."

Definately follow up on it. Anti-gun people that refuse to acknowledge the law & rights should be held to FULL accountability of the rules & law - just as YOU would be if you carried somewhere against the law. They have a right to their opinion, but when they use it as an excuse to interfere with commerce, their employer, your rights - let the full weight of their actions fall on their head.

At present there is no law for illegally discharging their mouth in city limits so you have to work what avenues are available.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Hello, I'm a long time reader of these forums and first time poster so I'd like to simply start off by saying thank all of you for all the information. I've been openly carrying my S&W 637 for about a month or so now and up until today I've had no problems. My family and i went out to Mcdonalds for breakfast this morning and after being ignored by the elder gentlemen working the counter for about five minutes he came up to the register and said one word "gun." I asked what he meant and he said "i refuse to serve anyone who has a gun." Now before i started carrying i looked up all the stores and restaurants who don't allow open carry and Mcdonalds was assuredly not on any of those lists.

After asking flagging down the manager and explaining the situation she said she'd need to "check the book" and went to go do so. The employee looked at me and said "either way im not serving you" to which i responded "I'm just exercising my rights that thousands of Americans died protecting." His retort was a witty "So am I."

I've sent off a scathing email to Mcdonalds corporate office and don't really know what else i can do, i despise being treated rudely especially when I'm simply exercising my rights as an American citizen.

-Italic

Notify corporate and inform them of the McDonald's employee who is refusing service to the public. I am sure once they heard they have an employee (cashier no less) that is denying people service with an attitude they would have his manager speak with him. He is not a manager, and he has no right to refuse you anything. If McDonald's allows carry then he is violating more than one company policy I am sure.

since9

Campaign Veteran
After asking flagging down the manager and explaining the situation she said she'd need to "check the book" and went to go do so. The employee looked at me and said "either way im not serving you" to which i responded "I'm just exercising my rights that thousands of Americans died protecting." His retort was a witty "So am I."

No he's not. No one has a right to discriminate against law-abiding customers.

I've sent off a scathing email to Mcdonalds corporate office and don't really know what else i can do, i despise being treated rudely especially when I'm simply exercising my rights as an American citizen.

-Italic

Good for you!

I personally have had no problem at any of the McDonald's into which I've OC'd. Please let us know if you receive a response from corporate.

Shoobee

You may just want to use their drive-up window if they are that finicky.

Follow the path of least resistance or else you will bog down your life.

carolina guy

I know exactly what my response would have been (and ONLY if I could directly witness the food preparation/handling from that point on-wards):

To Rude Employee: "Ok. I don't want you serving me either. Please call your manager back."

To Manager: "Would you please find another employee to take my order, this one (finger pointing) refuses to do his JOB!"

If the employee would not have summoned the manager, I would have simply spoken loudly enough to be heard to the back:

"Can I PLEASE speak with the MANAGER?"

We no longer shop at the local franchised McDonalds because of piss poor service. Makes it a little harder with 4 young crumb crunchers in the car with us, but we have found other places with similarly priced food that is both healthier and tastier. :)

Last edited:

jdholmes

I know exactly what my response would have been (and ONLY if I could directly witness the food preparation/handling from that point on-wards):

To Rude Employee: "Ok. I don't want you serving me either. Please call your manager back."

To Manager: "Would you please find another employee to take my order, this one (finger pointing) refuses to do his JOB!"

If the employee would not have summoned the manager, I would have simply spoken loudly enough to be heard to the back:

"Can I PLEASE speak with the MANAGER?"

We no longer shop at the local franchised McDonalds because of piss poor service. Makes it a little harder with 4 young crumb crunchers in the car with us, but we have found other places with similarly priced food that is both healthier and tastier. :)

THIS

I have no idea why you left the way you did. You should have called him on it and in doing so ensured he was reprimanded.

Maine Expat

on the McD list of stores in 80010 its number 2
11025 E COLFAX AVE
AURORA CO 80011-5717

I think what got me upset the most was that it was a guy in his 50's or 60's working the counter who just seemed to despise guns and anybody with them

Older guy? Who you callin OLDER, pardner? :lol:

Agree with the masses. Pitch a major fit with Corporate.

MKEgal

11025 E Colfax Ave.
Aurora, CO
80010-2502
(303) 364-5212
Manager: Monica H
See the "email the manager" & "send comments" links on the right side of the page here.
It looks like they use the same form, with a different title.

Here's what I sent:
The morning of Thurs. the 23rd a friend & his family tried to spend money @ your restaurant. The older man who was the cashier ignored my friend for several minutes, then informed him that he would not serve my friend because he had a holstered pistol. He was exceptionally rude as he turned away customers. The manager on duty did not correct this problem.
There's a limit of 400 characters. :(

twoskinsonemanns

11025 E Colfax Ave.
Aurora, CO
80010-2502
(303) 364-5212
Manager: Monica H
See the "email the manager" & "send comments" links on the right side of the page here.
It looks like they use the same form, with a different title.

Here's what I sent:

There's a limit of 400 characters. :(

ETA: Thanks for posting a link to make it easy MKEgal.

I also sent a comment. Wouldn't it be awesome if all of the OCDO members support each other's "incidents" like this with a flood of complaints?

Last edited:

kanekutter05

The thread title is a little over-broad, I think.

I routinely enjoy the exquisite culinary delights of my local McDonalds (plural). Never had a problem with the gun. A few funny looks from new cashiers until they got to know me across a few visits, but shift managers and store managers have been very friendly.

A single counter person does not translate into an entire store, an entire chain by one franchisee, nor the corporate position.

A note to all readers. If you politely, with no rancor, acknowledge the individual refusing service, validate his position, and gently leave, you will automatically win the argument. You have recognized his rights even though he won't recognize yours.

"You won't serve an armed person? I understand. Perfectly valid position. That's the great thing about this country--you're totally within your rights. And, I completely respect your right to do so. Thanks for being frank about it." There is nothing he can say. You've totally disarmed him. Just quietly leave and take it up later.

But, first give it a chance for your classy exit to sink in.

This technique has worked for me. I literally did what I described above in a different restaurant with a hostess. On my next visit, another person standing at the hostess station commented negatively about the gun. The hostess spoke up and defended the right to bear arms!

Extremely well said. And I believe that is the perfect way to approach a situation like this instead of making a huge stink about it. That makes OCers look the best out of any outcome.