Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Greater Richmond OC Breakfast 8/25/12, 9:30 AM

  1. #1
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,602

    Greater Richmond OC Breakfast 8/25/12, 9:30 AM

    River City Diner
    803 East Parham Road...... Get Directions
    Richmond, VA 23227
    (804) 266-1500


    Preliminary event to the gun show at RIR.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  2. #2
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    River City Diner
    803 East Parham Road...... Get Directions
    Richmond, VA 23227
    (804) 266-1500


    Preliminary event to the gun show at RIR.
    I may be there. I haven't gone in for the surgery and really can't eat and I have to get the winter wheat planted...but as long as I'm here, I might stop in, go to the show then drive home on Sunday to plant.

    Whether I go to the show depends on if I order the 45ACP to 460 Rowland 1911 conversion my finger has been hovering over all day.

  3. #3
    Regular Member Tanner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Chesterfield, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    471
    I will be there to share my wisdom which had been granted to me through my extensive experience. Oh waite I thought this was the AA site! Anyways il bee there.

  4. #4
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682
    Hi. My name is skidmark and I own guns.

    Tanner, if you started confessing you sins tonight (let alone making amends) you would be busy into the middle of next week.

    It's always good to have breakfast before sitting at the VCDL table in the afternoon. I'll also be roaming the aisles in search of some magazines and ammo.

    stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  5. #5
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Hi. My name is skidmark and I own guns.

    Tanner, if you started confessing you sins tonight (let alone making amends) you would be busy into the middle of next week.

    It's always good to have breakfast before sitting at the VCDL table in the afternoon. I'll also be roaming the aisles in search of some magazines and ammo.

    stay safe.
    I don't know about the show because I just became the owner to be of a .460 Rowland (I'm tired of people talking about Grapeshot's purdy gun). But I'll try for breakfast.

  6. #6
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,602
    Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    I don't know about the show because I just becamethe proud owner to be of a .460 Rowland (I'm tired of people talking about Grapeshot's purdy gun). But I'll try for breakfast.
    Fixed it for you.

    Now there is a novel thought - expecting. What is the anticipated gestation period?

    Trust you'll be able to sit and tell how the delivery went. Will you send out announcement cards?

    My 1911 does not feel intimidated. Ya though it walks through the valley of clones, its presence comforts me and it will still be the purdiest of all.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  7. #7
    Regular Member Numenor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    94
    Damn, wish I could go to this (and the gun show too) but I'm heading down to NC Saturday morning for the next week. Gah!

  8. #8
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    Quote Originally Posted by Numenor View Post
    Damn, wish I could go to this (and the gun show too) but I'm heading down to NC Saturday morning for the next week. Gah!
    There are plenty of Saturdays left in your life.
    Don't forget there is an OC Dinner on the Second Tuesday of the month.

  9. #9
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Fixed it for you.

    Now there is a novel thought - expecting. What is the anticipated gestation period?

    Trust you'll be able to sit and tell how the delivery went. Will you send out announcement cards?

    My 1911 does not feel intimidated. Ya though it walks through the valley of clones, its presence comforts me and it will still be the purdiest of all.
    The Happy event should be next Wednesday Grape

    I need to load some play ammunition before. This overpowers my 44 Magnums but still keeps the politically correct 1911 form.

    I won't feel undergunned in the burbs anymore.

    That 9mm started this. I was so ashamed carrying it, I ordered a 38 Super chambering reamer. While I was contemplating the conversion, I decided to look into the .460 too. The rest is history in the making.

  10. #10
    Regular Member Tanner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Chesterfield, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    471
    Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    The Happy event should be next Wednesday Grape

    I need to load some play ammunition before. This overpowers my 44 Magnums but still keeps the politically correct 1911 form.

    I won't feel undergunned in the burbs anymore.

    That 9mm started this. I was so ashamed carrying it, I ordered a 38 Super chambering reamer. While I was contemplating the conversion, I decided to look into the .460 too. The rest is history in the making.
    I for one am gald you had the girly gun! Other wise I wouldent of had any comebacks for you making fun of me wearing the paddle outside of my pants!
    ME- Its uncomfortable inside the pants

    Peter- Its like wearing your underware outside your pants!

    ME- At least I dont have a little babby gun!

    Peter- ---------------(picks up camera walks away)

    Thank god there was someone els there saying they wear it outside also. Guess im not the only HOBO wearing my undies outside the pants.

    http://youtu.be/gFp2mWj1cGA


    The underware goes inside the pants joke is at 4mins but the whole thing is funny

  11. #11
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanner View Post
    I for one am gald you had the girly gun! Other wise I wouldent of had any comebacks for you making fun of me wearing the paddle outside of my pants!
    ME- Its uncomfortable inside the pants

    Peter- Its like wearing your underware outside your pants!

    ME- At least I dont have a little babby gun!

    Peter- ---------------(picks up camera walks away)

    Thank god there was someone els there saying they wear it outside also. Guess im not the only HOBO wearing my undies outside the pants.

    http://youtu.be/gFp2mWj1cGA


    The underware goes inside the pants joke is at 4mins but the whole thing is funny
    Well, I'm glad you got so much joy out of my humiliation

    BUT...the next time you see that thing it will be a 38 Super and will be fit to be worn in decent society.

    The 460 will be up and running Wednesday night. I've got the lead pot heating up now to cast some 250 grain hard cast bullets so I can start working up loads.
    Last edited by peter nap; 08-24-2012 at 11:41 AM.

  12. #12
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,602
    Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    --snip--
    The 460 will be up and running Wednesday night. I've got the lead pot heating up now to cast some 250 grain hard cast bullets so I can start working up loads.
    Boil, boil, toil and trouble.

    Peter Nap's about ready to burst your bubble.

    http://460rowland.com/which-conversi...est-for-1911s/
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  13. #13
    Regular Member Tanner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Chesterfield, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    471
    Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    Well, I'm glad you got so much joy out of my humiliation

    BUT...the next time you see that thing it will be a 38 Super and will be fit to be worn in decent society.

    The 460 will be up and running Wednesday night. I've got the lead pot heating up now to cast some 250 grain hard cast bullets so I can start working up loads.
    Not joy so much as much as.........OK ITS JOY! just kidding by the way.

  14. #14
    Regular Member Tanner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Chesterfield, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    471
    Is this gunshow at the fair grounds?
    Thinking of going

  15. #15
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanner View Post
    Is this gunshow at the fair grounds?
    Thinking of going
    Showplace.
    Wait...Scouser says it's at RIR.
    Last edited by peter nap; 08-24-2012 at 10:32 PM.

  16. #16
    Regular Member scouser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    1,232
    Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    Showplace.
    Wait...Scouser says it's at RIR.
    RIR

    http://www.showmasters.us/ShowInform...6/Default.aspx

    You just made me have to double check

  17. #17
    Regular Member Tanner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Chesterfield, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    471
    Quote Originally Posted by scouser View Post
    RIR

    http://www.showmasters.us/ShowInform...6/Default.aspx

    You just made me have to double check
    Thanks

  18. #18
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanner View Post
    Thanks
    I was going on what Georgia Arms said. Hope they get to the right place.

    I have over 2 dozen different powders. None suitable for that .460 so I have to buy powder.
    The brass is on back order and I had to settle for 50 cases for now.

  19. #19
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682
    What with all the talk about the gun show, I thought it would be nice to go visit The Queen of Snark and rip off her best song EVAR:

    Meanwhile, today is Fun Show Day! Let's sing the Fun Show Song!
    Flintlocks and Flop-tops
    And Number Three Russians
    Black-powder Mausers
    From jackbooted Prussians,
    Shiny Smith PC's from limited runs
    These are a few of my favorite guns.

    Socketed bay'nets
    On Zulu War rifles,
    Engraved, iv'ried Lugers
    That make quite an eyefull
    Mosin tomato stakes sold by the ton
    These are a few of my favorite guns.

    Rusty top-breaks!
    Smallbore Schuetzens!
    And all of Browning's spawn
    I just keep on browsing my favorite guns
    Until all my money's gone.
    The Von Trapp Family will never be the same.

    stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •