• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Greater Richmond OC Breakfast 8/25/12, 9:30 AM

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
River City Diner
803 East Parham Road...... Get Directions
Richmond, VA 23227
(804) 266-1500

Preliminary event to the gun show at RIR.

I may be there. I haven't gone in for the surgery and really can't eat and I have to get the winter wheat planted...but as long as I'm here, I might stop in, go to the show then drive home on Sunday to plant.

Whether I go to the show depends on if I order the 45ACP to 460 Rowland 1911 conversion my finger has been hovering over all day.:uhoh:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Hi. My name is skidmark and I own guns.

Tanner, if you started confessing you sins tonight (let alone making amends) you would be busy into the middle of next week.

It's always good to have breakfast before sitting at the VCDL table in the afternoon. I'll also be roaming the aisles in search of some magazines and ammo.

stay safe.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Hi. My name is skidmark and I own guns.

Tanner, if you started confessing you sins tonight (let alone making amends) you would be busy into the middle of next week.

It's always good to have breakfast before sitting at the VCDL table in the afternoon. I'll also be roaming the aisles in search of some magazines and ammo.

stay safe.

I don't know about the show because I just became the owner to be of a .460 Rowland (I'm tired of people talking about Grapeshot's purdy gun). But I'll try for breakfast.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I don't know about the show because I just becamethe proud owner to be of a .460 Rowland (I'm tired of people talking about Grapeshot's purdy gun). But I'll try for breakfast.

Fixed it for you.

Now there is a novel thought - expecting. What is the anticipated gestation period?

Trust you'll be able to sit and tell how the delivery went. Will you send out announcement cards?

My 1911 does not feel intimidated. Ya though it walks through the valley of clones, its presence comforts me and it will still be the purdiest of all.

Numenor

Damn, wish I could go to this (and the gun show too) but I'm heading down to NC Saturday morning for the next week. Gah!

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Damn, wish I could go to this (and the gun show too) but I'm heading down to NC Saturday morning for the next week. Gah!

There are plenty of Saturdays left in your life.
Don't forget there is an OC Dinner on the Second Tuesday of the month.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Fixed it for you.

Now there is a novel thought - expecting. What is the anticipated gestation period?

Trust you'll be able to sit and tell how the delivery went. Will you send out announcement cards?

My 1911 does not feel intimidated. Ya though it walks through the valley of clones, its presence comforts me and it will still be the purdiest of all.

The Happy event should be next Wednesday Grape:dude:

I need to load some play ammunition before. This overpowers my 44 Magnums but still keeps the politically correct 1911 form:uhoh:.

I won't feel undergunned in the burbs anymore.

That 9mm started this. I was so ashamed carrying it, I ordered a 38 Super chambering reamer. While I was contemplating the conversion, I decided to look into the .460 too. The rest is history in the making.:rolleyes:

Tanner

The Happy event should be next Wednesday Grape:dude:

I need to load some play ammunition before. This overpowers my 44 Magnums but still keeps the politically correct 1911 form:uhoh:.

I won't feel undergunned in the burbs anymore.

That 9mm started this. I was so ashamed carrying it, I ordered a 38 Super chambering reamer. While I was contemplating the conversion, I decided to look into the .460 too. The rest is history in the making.:rolleyes:

I for one am gald you had the girly gun! Other wise I wouldent of had any comebacks for you making fun of me wearing the paddle outside of my pants!
ME- Its uncomfortable inside the pants

Peter- Its like wearing your underware outside your pants!

ME- At least I dont have a little babby gun!

Peter- ---------------(picks up camera walks away)

Thank god there was someone els there saying they wear it outside also. Guess im not the only HOBO wearing my undies outside the pants.

http://youtu.be/gFp2mWj1cGA

The underware goes inside the pants joke is at 4mins but the whole thing is funny

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I for one am gald you had the girly gun! Other wise I wouldent of had any comebacks for you making fun of me wearing the paddle outside of my pants!
ME- Its uncomfortable inside the pants

Peter- Its like wearing your underware outside your pants!

ME- At least I dont have a little babby gun!

Peter- ---------------(picks up camera walks away)

Thank god there was someone els there saying they wear it outside also. Guess im not the only HOBO wearing my undies outside the pants.

http://youtu.be/gFp2mWj1cGA

The underware goes inside the pants joke is at 4mins but the whole thing is funny

Well, I'm glad you got so much joy out of my humiliation :p

BUT...the next time you see that thing it will be a 38 Super and will be fit to be worn in decent society.:cool:

The 460 will be up and running Wednesday night. I've got the lead pot heating up now to cast some 250 grain hard cast bullets so I can start working up loads.:dude:

Last edited:

Tanner

Well, I'm glad you got so much joy out of my humiliation :p

BUT...the next time you see that thing it will be a 38 Super and will be fit to be worn in decent society.:cool:

The 460 will be up and running Wednesday night. I've got the lead pot heating up now to cast some 250 grain hard cast bullets so I can start working up loads.:dude:

Not joy so much as much as.........OK ITS JOY! just kidding by the way.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate

I was going on what Georgia Arms said. Hope they get to the right place.

I have over 2 dozen different powders. None suitable for that .460 so I have to buy powder.
The brass is on back order and I had to settle for 50 cases for now.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
What with all the talk about the gun show, I thought it would be nice to go visit The Queen of Snark and rip off her best song EVAR:

Meanwhile, today is Fun Show Day! Let's sing the Fun Show Song!
Flintlocks and Flop-tops
And Number Three Russians
Black-powder Mausers
From jackbooted Prussians,
Shiny Smith PC's from limited runs
These are a few of my favorite guns.

Socketed bay'nets
On Zulu War rifles,
Engraved, iv'ried Lugers
That make quite an eyefull
Mosin tomato stakes sold by the ton
These are a few of my favorite guns.

Rusty top-breaks!
Smallbore Schuetzens!
And all of Browning's spawn
I just keep on browsing my favorite guns
Until all my money's gone.

The Von Trapp Family will never be the same.

stay safe.