Thread: Va. guardsman faces terrorism charge in W.Va.

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar

Va. guardsman faces terrorism charge in W.Va.

http://www.militarytimes.com/news/20...44080020E329A9

snips-

MARTINSBURG, W.Va. — A West Virginia man arrested while running in desert camouflage with an AR-15 training rifle is a member of the Virginia National Guard who served a tour of duty in Iraq, and his father says he’s not a terrorist.

William Alemar was charged with committing a terrorist act after police found him carrying two knives and ammunition clips, and wearing a bulletproof vest.
    Alemar remained in the Eastern Regional Jail on Tuesday on $50,000 bond.
    Defense attorney Kevin Mills said his team is currently evaluating whether Alemar may be suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder, and it’s requested records from his service overseas.

Martinsburg police discovered after they arrested Alemar that the gun he was carrying fires pellets, not live rounds.
    A search of Alemar’s home found additional military equipment, which police seized as evidence.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Wow! How many of us qualify as this definition of terrorists?

The news story is missing some information. The comment from his defense attorney is somewhat disturbing, both from the point it was HIS attorney and that we are not getting all the details.

So an active duty Guardsman wearing his issued gear and walking around with a pellet gun considered a "terrorist" now in this country?

If he is found guilty we are in a load of trouble folks.
    "Let your gun be your constant companion during your walks" ~Thomas Jefferson

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Yes. The way they can/will thrown the terrorist tag on just about anyone is very troubling.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

??

I heard he was also running towards a school unless thats false..

Get a big enough map and go by cardinal directions and you'll always be running or driving "towards a school."
    I'm familiar with a case where someone was arrested and charged with a crime because his daily constitutional passed close by to "where children were playing."

Right!

I understand that but ive been to the schools in martinsburg and there no gun signs all over the place outside and inside..if i was jogging down a sidewalk with a bulletproof vest and two knives and a real gun or airsoft,paintball,daisy redrider who really cares its retarded..these kind of people are the ones that make people get rid of our gun rights in the first place..you dont hear about the average joe law abiding citizens taking down a armed gunman and just obeying the law and caring. You hear about the idiots that put videos on youtube with a riot suit on walking down the street with a 12 gauge and a handgun..like i said i heard this dude was in front of a school which could be totally wrong..its just people arent smart about there state laws and take it to the extreme and get put on the news just for people to tighten down our rights even more. Be smart not stupid..

Quote Originally Posted by glockboy88 View Post
    I understand that but ive been to the schools in martinsburg and there no gun signs all over the place outside and inside..if i was jogging down a sidewalk with a bulletproof vest and two knives and a real gun or airsoft,paintball,daisy redrider who really cares its retarded..these kind of people are the ones that make people get rid of our gun rights in the first place..you dont hear about the average joe law abiding citizens taking down a armed gunman and just obeying the law and caring. You hear about the idiots that put videos on youtube with a riot suit on walking down the street with a 12 gauge and a handgun..like i said i heard this dude was in front of a school which could be totally wrong..its just people arent smart about there state laws and take it to the extreme and get put on the news just for people to tighten down our rights even more. Be smart not stupid..
    1. He wasn't AT a school. And Everywhere is "close by" a school if you define the term properly.
    2. Facts not in evidence; gun rights have historically increased during the last century, not decreased.
    3. What "Joe Average" does or doesn't do has no bearing on what freedoms "Adam Exceptional" enjoys.
    4. Since you brought it up, cite the YouTube videos you've mentioned.
    5. Please stop making my spelling and grammar program go into overload.

William Alemar to pay $15.oo for running near schools with fake rifle.

(AP/WJLA) - October 18, 2012 - 02:03 pm

A Virginia National Guard member originally faced with felony charges for running near two Martinsburg schools while carrying a training rifle will only pay $15 in fines.

William Alemar, 23, pleaded no contest Wednesday in Berkeley County Magistrate Court for public intoxication and misdemeanor willful disturbance of a school.
    In exchange for the plea, prosecutors dismissed his felony charges of committing a terrorist act while wearing body armor in the commission of a felony. (More at link above)
    Last edited by Fallschirmjäger; 12-13-2012 at 02:10 PM.

:)

This is good to hear thank you! Lets remember my statement of saying not sure to begin with nor was i trying to start a fight. Lol if you want to get off track and do a spelling and grammar class lets head off to another forum.