• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Personal property

Sorcice

Say I bought a gun from a dealer like gander mountain and used my friends discount. Being that it was my money he/she would have no claim to the gun even though he/she technically saved me money correct?

Firearms Iinstuctor

Huh if the freind gave you the discount why would the freind have a claim.

If there is going to be any dought whos gun it is. I wouldn't use the discount.

E6chevron

Are you saying that your friend's name is on the bill of sale and your friend's background was checked instead of yours?

I'm sure that is not the case, since that could be considered a "straw purchase" and against the law.

If a friend bought a handgun, and afterwards decided to sell it to me, for the same amount that he paid for it (including his discount), i would just make sure that he signed a bill of sale from him to me, and that I kept several copies of that in a safe place.

It would be poor procedure and confusing, to just signover the bill of sale from the dealer to him.

M

McX

to avoid the straw purchase claim, you should have bought a gun for me as a gift.

TaurusToter

Campaign Veteran
Go to http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/mobile/ order what you want for much less with free shipping. Then have it shipped tp Tim Kilian in Sun Prairie a FFL holder. He charges only the $13 background for handguns and nothing for rifles. He has Gander employees going to him.

+1.

I'm doing this for my next purchase

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Motofixxer

Thats great, thanks for the tip!

Welcome :cool:

Tim also has LEO's using him as well as lot's of locals. He also does gunsmithing so if you need something...hit him up. Just be careful, he enjoys talking and he is very easy to talk to.

Here is his info

Tim's Workshop LLC

520 Wilson Street
Sun Prairie, WI 53590-2116 map

Phone: (608) 825-6953

Timsworkshop@Frontier.com

Last edited: