• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Metro Arms

j4l

Havent tried one myself, yet- but are supposed to be decent. Of the Charles Daly/RIA Philippines-made 1911 crowd.
At the very least, it should be a decent starting-point on which to gradually upgrade parts,etc. if need be.

carsontech

Activist Member
My last 1911 was a Metro Arms American Classic Commander in a blue finish. It had a MUCH better finish and seemed to be better quality than Armscor 1911s (RIA/Citadel), to me. The Armscor 1911s seem to be more rough around the corners than Metro Arms ones. I just like how the blued and parkerized finish goes together. I really wanted the Commander in hard chrome but no one had them in stock when I was ready to purchase.

Here's the pics of it I took for my "for sale" ad. It sold the same week, if I remember correctly. My flash was dying, so some of the lighting sucks:

http://s132.photobucket.com/albums/q28/04crimsongt/1911%20American%20Classic%20Commander/

Last edited:

carsontech

Activist Member
I forgot to mention that I've owned 3 Armscor 1911s, just in case you were wondering how well I did a comparison.

Unfortunately, I don't have many firearms anymore. The safe is looking really spacious :(.

Last edited:

ares338

I have an American Classic from Metro Arms. It is a Commander Model in hard chrome and it is a really good 1911 for the price which was $510.00 out the door. Their Act mags aren't great but just order some Wison mags or any other high quality mags and you are goos to go. It is really tight and well made; not to mention accurate. I shoot this one over my Series 70 MK IV.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Ok, so I got the American Classic II Gvt model. So far the fit seems to be real good. I'll have to report back when I get a chance to shoot it. If I ever carry it, it will have to be a special occasion the thing weighs a ton.