Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Sunday 8/26/2012 OC walk/dinner Lynchburg and surrounding area

  1. #1
    Regular Member mbhudson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lynchburg, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    48

    Sunday 8/26/2012 OC walk/dinner Lynchburg and surrounding area

    So I said I would and so I am haha. This coming Sunday I plan to take walk (my wife and I) around ????? ?
    wyndhurst why not wyndhurst. We will park close to the traffic circle in wyndhurst and walk from there.

    When we or us as a group if you come have had enough of walking we or you or us will go to dinner.
    how does la villa on timerlake road sound I know they are OC friendly.

    We will be at/around the traffic circle at 5pm walk for 30 min to an hour and go eat around 6 Im guessing.
    anyone and everyone feel free to join and if you respond here i will call la villa and make arrangements for tables.


    All suggestions and input appreciated thanks and see you soon
    Last edited by mbhudson; 08-24-2012 at 03:35 AM.

  2. #2
    Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,848
    Quote Originally Posted by mbhudson View Post
    So I said I would and so I am haha
    Is English your primary language?
    Carry On.

    Ed

    VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

  3. #3
    Regular Member mbhudson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lynchburg, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    48
    Was looking for humor- guess I failed.

  4. #4
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682
    It is difficult to use the conditional tense along with the modern style of inclusive compound nouns. I/you/we may need to let him/her/them know that I/you/we/they might not be amused at the failure to support the attempt.

    stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  5. #5
    Regular Member mbhudson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lynchburg, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    It is difficult to use the conditional tense along with the modern style of inclusive compound nouns. I/you/we may need to let him/her/them know that I/you/we/they might not be amused at the failure to support the attempt.

    stay safe.
    you sound like my wife (refer to my other thread) hahahaha
    Last edited by mbhudson; 08-25-2012 at 02:30 AM.

  6. #6
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682
    Quote Originally Posted by mbhudson View Post
    you sound like my wife (refer to my other thread) hahahaha
    Come to some guy's defense and see what you get? And folks wonder how come I'm a curmudgeon.

    mbhudson - what did I ever do to you to deserve that?

    I hope that when you or they as a group if they come have had enough of walking you or they or all y'all will have an enjoyable dinner.

    stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  7. #7
    Regular Member mbhudson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lynchburg, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Come to some guy's defense and see what you get? And folks wonder how come I'm a curmudgeon.

    mbhudson - what did I ever do to you to deserve that?

    I hope that when you or they as a group if they come have had enough of walking you or they or all y'all will have an enjoyable dinner.

    stay safe.
    thanks and its a joke for those that didnt get it

  8. #8
    Regular Member mbhudson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lynchburg, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    48

    tommorows walk/dinner

    so far it looks like me and the wife are all I need to plan for so I wont call the restaurant unless I need to at 5 hope to see you guys there

  9. #9
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Lynchburg, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    2,201
    mbhudson thanks for the invite, but with such short notice there was no way we could make it. I'm tied up with work and the wifester had other plans. Hope you enjoy your stroll and dinner.

  10. #10
    Regular Member mbhudson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lynchburg, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    48
    Just got back from our walk/dinner. Had a good time; everything went well. Caught some dirty looks from a guy at the restaurant, but he apparently was not interested in talking!

  11. #11
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Lynchburg, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    2,201
    The wife and I used to eat at La Villa quite a bit and the owner knew we carried and chatted with us some about it. I never had the first issue there despite going there regularly. I generally don't even consider odd looks since I have no way to know if a person just looks odd or the person is stunned by how handsome I am.

    *I think we've eaten there with other OCers and had no issue then either, but I can't recall for sure since we've been all over this town OCing for 5 years with other people doing the exact same.
    Last edited by jmelvin; 08-26-2012 at 07:26 PM.

  12. #12
    Regular Member mbhudson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lynchburg, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by jmelvin View Post
    The wife and I used to eat at La Villa quite a bit and the owner knew we carried and chatted with us some about it. I never had the first issue there despite going there regularly. I generally don't even consider odd looks since I have no way to know if a person just looks odd or the person is stunned by how handsome I am.

    *I think we've eaten there with other OCers and had no issue then either, but I can't recall for sure since we've been all over this town OCing for 5 years with other people doing the exact same.
    I typically dont pay looks any min either but he was obviously shocked and bothered by my gun (glock in a blackhawk serpa) It looked as though he was from somewhere other than here maybe a northerner with liberty coming back was my thought he stood out more than I did I think

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •