• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I didn't see this posted yet, awesome video!

sharkey

I don't have any details about this at all. Sorry :(

[video]http://www.stupidvideos.com/video/stunts/Road_Rager_Learns_to_Calm_Down/[/video]

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Sorry, but there are just too many things that make me want to say this was staged. Among the biggest is that this took place somewhere besides the USA and in most places people would be freaking out at the sight of Our Hero coming out of his car with a pistol drawn, let alone attempting to put the guy on the deck. Second, in those few places where people would not be freaking out Our Hero would have shot the guy in the hoodie.

There are lots more, but it's no fun if I list them all and deprive everybody else of a chance tio play along.

Are there going to be extra bonus points for pointing out all the tactical errors Our Hero made?

stay safe.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Way to enjoy a video Skidmark. :)

Well, it's either that or :banghead: just looking at all the stupid. I'd rather learn from someone else's mistakes, after spending a lifetime not learning from my own.

By the way, no lovely parting gifts for you unless you play the game!

stay safe.

sharkey

Way to enjoy a video Skidmark. :)

I'm never taking you to the movies Skidmark. Way to ruin it :cry:

Come one, watching that guy go from skipping with a pipe to on his knees was hilarious. I don't think it was staged because that would be one hell of a risk in all that traffic.

I would have put a bead on him while still seated in my vehicle, the last thing I want it to be in a busy street with my gun drawn.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I'm never taking you to the movies Skidmark. Way to ruin it :cry:

If I'm going to have to watch a crappy movie I'm going to squeeze what enjoyment I can out of it. Either IDing firearms, noting how the CGI fails to follow the actual functioning of the firearm, or counting the number of times the hero racks his Glock before firing the first of onehundredseventyeleven shots without reloading, or picking out how the choreography diverges from Real Life.

And since "going to the movies" involves going to GFZs, I aint going even if you paid for the popcorn and soda.

stay safe.

CO-Joe

Sorry, but there are just too many things that make me want to say this was staged. Among the biggest is that this took place somewhere besides the USA and in most places people would be freaking out at the sight of Our Hero coming out of his car with a pistol drawn...

Look at the van at timecode 0:41, that's Hebrew, and AFAIK, there's only one country in the world where you'd be likely to see that: Israel. Most Israelis are drafted into the IDF at 18, and outside of that, people can and do get licenses for their civilian life, and open carry seems to be the preferred form of carry. So, maybe those factors account for the lack of freaking out.

The other factor is this: never underestimate the power of stupidity. Most of those other drivers who actually did see the activity here probably could not process what was going on fast enough to make a difference. The ones who did successfully process it just wanted to get away safely. You could repeat that scene in the middle of London and 9 times out of ten you'd probably get about the same result.

HighFlyingA380

I would have put a bead on him while still seated in my vehicle, the last thing I want it to be in a busy street with my gun drawn.
Agreed. By the looks of it, the BG tried to force entry. He would have gotten some rounds in the chest thru the door if it were me.

The other factor is this: never underestimate the power of stupidity. Most of those other drivers who actually did see the activity here probably could not process what was going on fast enough to make a difference. The ones who did successfully process it just wanted to get away safely. You could repeat that scene in the middle of London and 9 times out of ten you'd probably get about the same result.
Agree as well. I feel most people just don't care and don't want to get involved, or they're just assuming the armed man in a cop.