• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Goldberg V Glastonbury = RAS?

davidmcbeth

Banned
Cops who wish to ignore the law put themselves in a very bad set of circumstances....very bad. A badge will not help a cop when he is breaking the law himself.

LESGTINCT

Cops who wish to ignore the law put themselves in a very bad set of circumstances....very bad. A badge will not help a cop when he is breaking the law himself.

Yes indeed. I just had another conversation with my fellow SGT from yesterday. He actually called the Board of Firearms and they told him exactly what I told him. You would think he gets it now but all I got is "Then I will get sued, it won't be the first time." :banghead: and that I live in a box, LOL! He's been behind a desk for years and I've been on the street. Who's in the box? He also said that they told him the head state's attorneys are getting together to enact legislation to clarify OC.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Yes indeed. I just had another conversation with my fellow SGT from yesterday. He actually called the Board of Firearms and they told him exactly what I told him. You would think he gets it now but all I got is "Then I will get sued, it won't be the first time." :banghead: and that I live in a box, LOL! He's been behind a desk for years and I've been on the street. Who's in the box? He also said that they told him the head state's attorneys are getting together to enact legislation to clarify OC.

You should check about his other lawsuits .. can be used against him in a future hearing.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Since I dug it up for the other thread, I figured I would post it here as well:

http://scholar.google.com/scholar_case?case=7943178321659144844&hl=en&as_sdt=2&as_vis=1&oi=scholarr

1) the threatening presence of several officers; 2) the brandishing of a weapon by an officer; 3) some physical touching by an officer; 4) use of aggressive language or tone of voice indicating that compliance with an officer's request is compulsory; 5) prolonged retention of a person's personal effects ...; 6) a request to accompany the officer to the station; 7) interaction in a nonpublic place or a small, enclosed place; 8) and absence of other members of the public.

In my latest interaction I had #1, #2, #4, and #8 .. hence my questioning if I was detained/seized under the 4th amendment

Mr. Doutel had almost all 8 points ...

DDoutel

1) the threatening presence of several officers; 2) the brandishing of a weapon by an officer; 3) some physical touching by an officer; 4) use of aggressive language or tone of voice indicating that compliance with an officer's request is compulsory; 5) prolonged retention of a person's personal effects ...; 6) a request to accompany the officer to the station; 7) interaction in a nonpublic place or a small, enclosed place; 8) and absence of other members of the public.

In my latest interaction I had #1, #2, #4, and #8 .. hence my questioning if I was detained/seized under the 4th amendment

Mr. Doutel had almost all 8 points ...

Ummm... yeah! I think I DO have all eight! Fancy that! :lol:

davidmcbeth

Banned

Fallschirjmäger

You would think he gets it now but all I got is "Then I will get sued, it won't be the first time."
Well there is something we can agree with him about.
And the reason for the other Sergeant's cavalier attitude is that very likely he personally bears almost no consequence from being sued and having a judgement against him.