• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Who needs a gun in NYC ?

We-the-People

I find it absolutely rediculous that those officers closed on someone suspected of being armed and having shot someone in a crowded location when the same agency probably has a policy of "backing off" in vehicle chases. They should have followed at a discrete distance until the suspect was in a location that wasn't so "target rich" for their hail of bullets!

They're weaing bullet proof vests, the unconstitutionally disarmed citizen bystanders were not. Hero's would have taken a different approach.

The Airframer

Maybe Bloomberg could grab the guns of all his police officers and just arm them all with hand grenades. I'm sure they'd be just as effective at taking out suspects and possibly a little less collateral damage then the cops with guns shooting in every direction caused.

DangerClose

Proof that 10-round mags aren't enough. If there would have only been one cop, he would have had to reload while the bad guy was pointing a gun at him. If there had been one cop and two bad guys, he would have had to reload THREE TIMES since he would have needed 32 shots.

The Airframer

Proof that 10-round mags aren't enough. If there would have only been one cop, he would have had to reload while the bad guy was pointing a gun at him. If there had been one cop and two bad guys, he would have had to reload THREE TIMES since he would have needed 32 shots.

Not that NYC residents are allowed their constitutional rights anyway, but if they were and the Great Leader Bloomberg passed something similar to an AWB, do you really think it would apply to his SS/gestapo forces? They'd still be as armed as they please, shooting suspects and everyone else near them.

Maybe calling them SS/gestapo is a little too generous because i'm sure they actually had firearms training before assaulting the innocent public.

Last edited:

DangerClose

Not that NYC residents are allowed their constitutional rights anyway, but if they were and the Great Leader Bloomberg passed something similar to an AWB, do you really think it would apply to his SS/gestapo forces? They'd still be as armed as they please, shooting suspects and everyone else near them.

Nine people just got injured with guns. It's obvious NYC needs more gun control. And so the NYPD should be banned from carrying any firearms. It's the logical thing to do, Mayor Bloomberg.

j4l

Maybe Bloomberg could grab the guns of all his police officers and just arm them all with hand grenades. I'm sure they'd be just as effective at taking out suspects and possibly a little less collateral damage then the cops with guns shooting in every direction caused.

^^^^this x 100000000000000000000.

There has GOT to be some way to get a pro 2A media-spin on this to counter the absolute luncacy of the anti's out there, in regards to civies somehow being "less qualified" to carry and shoot than these donut-devouring dolts..