Thread: Just what we need... another nutjob with a gun making bad news for the rest of us...

Just what we need... another nutjob with a gun making bad news for the rest of us...

Quote Originally Posted by Grim_Night View Post
    New York has gotten very restrictive with guns. If the people where allowed to defend themselves . . . you get the picture
    remove handgun registration in Clark County,NV

2nd amendment in modern English: The people have the right to own and carry firearms, and it may not be violated because a well-equipped Militia is necessary for a State to remain secure and free.

I call BS on this story, NYC is a "gun-free zone" they have a score of 64 from the Brady campaign, it's not possible for a shooting to occur there
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

The news is very conflicting but from what I've seen the gunman shot one person and the cops shot the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by sharkey View Post
    The news is very conflicting but from what I've seen the gunman shot one person and the cops shot the rest.
    True, stories are starting to roll in. We've now suffered the first "mass shooting by cops" in the US.

http://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/2012...le-sources-say

It's a very sad day.

TFred

Officers are said to be responsible for the wounded, nice:
    "...He said officers are trained to fire only as a last resort and must fire multiple shots because only one in five generally hit the intended target...." http://news.yahoo.com/civilians-hurt...233856647.html
    No wonder NYC Police shoot their suspects twenty-times each.

From the link provided above:
    "...The court also wrote: "The immunity afforded a municipality for its employee's discretionary conduct does not extend to situations where the employee, a police officer, violates acceptable police practice."
    O'Donnell said it was likely lawyers will test the adequacy of Friday's police shooting...."
    Last edited by Beretta92FSLady; 08-24-2012 at 10:06 PM.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Quote Originally Posted by TFred View Post
    True, stories are starting to roll in. We've now suffered the first "mass shooting by cops" in the US.

http://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/2012...le-sources-say

It's a very sad day.

TFred
    The page you linked has an inaccurate headline. There was no Gun Battle, there was officers shooting a man--although armed--who fired zero rounds. In order for the to be a Gun Battle, well, there need to be at least one return fire, wouldn't people agree?
    "Police Shot All Nine Bystanders in Empire State Gun Battle, Sources Say
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle
    I call BS on this story, NYC is a "gun-free zone" they have a score of 64 from the Brady campaign, it's not possible for a shooting to occur there
    Actually, it's worse than you think.
    The only way to carry a gun in NYC is to have a permit.
    (Reports from police say he pulled it out of his bag, so he was carrying concealed.)
    Only friends & contributors to Bloomberg get permits.
    Therefore, this guy was a friend or political supporter of Bloomie.
    The Brady Bunch is going to have a hard time explaining that.
    Last edited by MKEgal; 08-24-2012 at 11:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

"Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

That close, and the officers manage to hit 9 people, and the so-called Shooter. Great job fellas!

Just what we need... another nutjob with a gun making bad news for the rest of us...

If shot by police while doing nothing wrong, let's say being one of those bystanders, would it be defensible in court that lethal force was being used on you as a justification to draw and return fire? If this was a self defense story would that make it any different?

Just a thought. I say you are always absolutely 100% responsible for your rounds as should these police be.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by CCinMaine View Post
    If shot by police while doing nothing wrong, let's say being one of those bystanders, would it be defensible in court that lethal force was being used on you as a justification to draw and return fire? If this was a self defense story would that make it any different?

Just a thought. I say you are always absolutely 100% responsible for your rounds as should these police be.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Depends on the wording of the law, I'd say under WA law you'd technically be on the inside of the law, becuase you can use deadly force to resist the commission of a felony upon yourself (negligent manslaughter is a felony). But expect the DA to put you through hell and cost you your savings and property defending yourself in court and endless rounds of appeals and hearings, and good luck finding a jury that heard nothing about your case. I can promise you ol Russ Hague, the kitsap county DA will bankrupt you and put you to trial, and it's all but guaranteed an NYC DA would
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    Actually, it's worse than you think.
    The only way to carry a gun in NYC is to have a permit.
    (Reports from police say he pulled it out of his bag, so he was carrying concealed.)
    Only friends & contributors to Bloomberg get permits.
    Therefore, this guy was a friend or political supporter of Bloomie.
    The Brady Bunch is going to have a hard time explaining that.
    If you would have read the article, you would have learned that he was not licensed and illegally carrying the firearm: "Johnson bought the .45-caliber gun used in the shooting in 1991 in Florida, two law enforcement souces told NBC News. He was not licensed to carry arms in New York, they said."
    The United States Constitution 1791. All Rights Reserved.
    XD40 Service
    -Hogue Handall grip sleeve
    -Nebo Protec Elite light/laser
    -TruGlo TFO night sights
    Olympic Arms K16-SST
    -16" stainless bull-barrel
    -Quad-rail forearm
    -Millet SP2 red-dot scope
    -Fore grip w/ bi-pod
    -Nebo Protec Elite light/laser
    KelTec P11
    -Bone stock; Not much you can do to these little guys.
    No one can make a pencil...

Quote Originally Posted by HighFlyingA380 View Post
    If you would have read the article, you would have learned that he was not licensed and illegally carrying the firearm: "Johnson bought the .45-caliber gun used in the shooting in 1991 in Florida, two law enforcement souces told NBC News. He was not licensed to carry arms in New York, they said."
    whoosh

Everyone knows it is not possible to illegally carry a firearm. That is why we have gun control!