Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Just what we need... another nutjob with a gun making bad news for the rest of us...

  1. #1
    Regular Member Grim_Night's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Pierce County, Washington
    Posts
    792

    Just what we need... another nutjob with a gun making bad news for the rest of us...


  2. #2
    Regular Member Frantic84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    183
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim_Night View Post
    New York has gotten very restrictive with guns. If the people where allowed to defend themselves . . . you get the picture
    remove handgun registration in Clark County,NV

    2nd amendment in modern English: The people have the right to own and carry firearms, and it may not be violated because a well-equipped Militia is necessary for a State to remain secure and free.

  3. #3
    Regular Member EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    S. Kitsap, Washington state
    Posts
    3,763
    I call BS on this story, NYC is a "gun-free zone" they have a score of 64 from the Brady campaign, it's not possible for a shooting to occur there
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

    NRA Member

  4. #4
    Regular Member sharkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,066
    The news is very conflicting but from what I've seen the gunman shot one person and the cops shot the rest.

  5. #5
    Regular Member TFred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Most historic town in, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    7,705
    Quote Originally Posted by sharkey View Post
    The news is very conflicting but from what I've seen the gunman shot one person and the cops shot the rest.
    True, stories are starting to roll in. We've now suffered the first "mass shooting by cops" in the US.

    http://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/2012...le-sources-say

    It's a very sad day.

    TFred

  6. #6
    Regular Member Beretta92FSLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In My Coffee
    Posts
    5,278
    Officers are said to be responsible for the wounded, nice:
    "...He said officers are trained to fire only as a last resort and must fire multiple shots because only one in five generally hit the intended target...." http://news.yahoo.com/civilians-hurt...233856647.html
    No wonder NYC Police shoot their suspects twenty-times each.

    From the link provided above:
    "...The court also wrote: "The immunity afforded a municipality for its employee's discretionary conduct does not extend to situations where the employee, a police officer, violates acceptable police practice."
    O'Donnell said it was likely lawyers will test the adequacy of Friday's police shooting...."
    Last edited by Beretta92FSLady; 08-24-2012 at 10:06 PM.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

  7. #7
    Regular Member Beretta92FSLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In My Coffee
    Posts
    5,278
    Quote Originally Posted by TFred View Post
    True, stories are starting to roll in. We've now suffered the first "mass shooting by cops" in the US.

    http://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/2012...le-sources-say

    It's a very sad day.

    TFred
    The page you linked has an inaccurate headline. There was no Gun Battle, there was officers shooting a man--although armed--who fired zero rounds. In order for the to be a Gun Battle, well, there need to be at least one return fire, wouldn't people agree?
    "Police Shot All Nine Bystanders in Empire State Gun Battle, Sources Say
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

  8. #8
    Regular Member MKEgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    in front of my computer, WI
    Posts
    4,426
    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle
    I call BS on this story, NYC is a "gun-free zone" they have a score of 64 from the Brady campaign, it's not possible for a shooting to occur there
    Actually, it's worse than you think.
    The only way to carry a gun in NYC is to have a permit.
    (Reports from police say he pulled it out of his bag, so he was carrying concealed.)
    Only friends & contributors to Bloomberg get permits.
    Therefore, this guy was a friend or political supporter of Bloomie.
    The Brady Bunch is going to have a hard time explaining that.
    Last edited by MKEgal; 08-24-2012 at 11:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

  9. #9
    Regular Member paramedic70002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Franklin, VA, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,448
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

    Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

  10. #10
    Regular Member Beretta92FSLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In My Coffee
    Posts
    5,278
    That close, and the officers manage to hit 9 people, and the so-called Shooter. Great job fellas!
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

  11. #11
    Regular Member CCinMaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Windham, Maine
    Posts
    193

    Just what we need... another nutjob with a gun making bad news for the rest of us...

    If shot by police while doing nothing wrong, let's say being one of those bystanders, would it be defensible in court that lethal force was being used on you as a justification to draw and return fire? If this was a self defense story would that make it any different?

    Just a thought. I say you are always absolutely 100% responsible for your rounds as should these police be.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

  12. #12
    Regular Member EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    S. Kitsap, Washington state
    Posts
    3,763
    Quote Originally Posted by CCinMaine View Post
    If shot by police while doing nothing wrong, let's say being one of those bystanders, would it be defensible in court that lethal force was being used on you as a justification to draw and return fire? If this was a self defense story would that make it any different?

    Just a thought. I say you are always absolutely 100% responsible for your rounds as should these police be.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Depends on the wording of the law, I'd say under WA law you'd technically be on the inside of the law, becuase you can use deadly force to resist the commission of a felony upon yourself (negligent manslaughter is a felony). But expect the DA to put you through hell and cost you your savings and property defending yourself in court and endless rounds of appeals and hearings, and good luck finding a jury that heard nothing about your case. I can promise you ol Russ Hague, the kitsap county DA will bankrupt you and put you to trial, and it's all but guaranteed an NYC DA would
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

    NRA Member

  13. #13
    Regular Member HighFlyingA380's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    West St. Louis County (Ellisville)
    Posts
    301
    Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    Actually, it's worse than you think.
    The only way to carry a gun in NYC is to have a permit.
    (Reports from police say he pulled it out of his bag, so he was carrying concealed.)
    Only friends & contributors to Bloomberg get permits.
    Therefore, this guy was a friend or political supporter of Bloomie.
    The Brady Bunch is going to have a hard time explaining that.
    If you would have read the article, you would have learned that he was not licensed and illegally carrying the firearm: "Johnson bought the .45-caliber gun used in the shooting in 1991 in Florida, two law enforcement souces told NBC News. He was not licensed to carry arms in New York, they said."
    The United States Constitution 1791. All Rights Reserved.
    XD40 Service
    -Hogue Handall grip sleeve
    -Nebo Protec Elite light/laser
    -TruGlo TFO night sights
    Olympic Arms K16-SST
    -16" stainless bull-barrel
    -Quad-rail forearm
    -Millet SP2 red-dot scope
    -Fore grip w/ bi-pod
    -Nebo Protec Elite light/laser
    KelTec P11
    -Bone stock; Not much you can do to these little guys.
    No one can make a pencil...

  14. #14
    Regular Member Jack House's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    I80, USA
    Posts
    2,661
    Quote Originally Posted by HighFlyingA380 View Post
    If you would have read the article, you would have learned that he was not licensed and illegally carrying the firearm: "Johnson bought the .45-caliber gun used in the shooting in 1991 in Florida, two law enforcement souces told NBC News. He was not licensed to carry arms in New York, they said."
    whoosh



    Everyone knows it is not possible to illegally carry a firearm. That is why we have gun control!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •