• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another day, another mass shooting.

M

McX

I am not trying to sound callouse, but we might as well open up a thread, so we can keep track of the daily mass murders, as they come in. Today's mass murder is: New details emerge in deadly NYC shooting, flanked by a bunch of mini-murders: Spike in Chicago violence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miZWYmxr8XE

M

McX

yanked this off the yoowhoo:
adding to my no-go list: theaters, tall buildings, Temples

Nine people were wounded and two people were killed outside the Empire State Building in Midtown Manhattan Friday after a disgruntled women's accessories designer named Jeffrey Johnson shot his 41 year-old former boss. The two dead include the gunman, who was shot and killed by police near the tourist entrance of the landmark skyscraper.

Fifty-three year-old Johnson lost his job last year during a corporate downsizing at Hazan Imports. He returned to his office Friday morning to target his former supervisor.

The shooting occurred at 9:03 a.m. ET on West 33rd Street.

Johnson followed his former co-worker down 33rd Street and shot him outside of Legends Bar, according to the New York Post. It is unclear if he fired into a crowd of pedestrians outside of the Empire State Building, or if pedestrians were caught in crossfire, reported the New York Daily News.

A construction worker who witnessed the shooting followed the suspect and then alerted police who were posted nearby. As the officers approached Johnson, he pulled his gun and fired on the officers. They returned fire and killed him, New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg said.

None of the other people who were shot were seriously wounded and they are all expected to recover. Some of those wounded may have been hit by police gunfire, Bloomberg said.

After the shooting, police immediately cordoned off a one-block perimeter around the Empire State Building. Around 10 a.m., a lone tourist bus headed down Fifth Avenue, and a guide could be heard over the bus's microphone explaining that they were nearing the landmark. As police waved the bus to detour down 36th Street, the guide was openly mystified. "I don't know what's going on, folks," he said, as the bus turned. The bus's passengers looked up at the sky at a news helicopter floated overhead. Some stood, clutching their cameras.

Along 35th street, hundreds of people photographed the scene with iPhones and iPads. Officers could be seen standing in the middle of 34th Street around a scene surrounded by police tape. Television producers roamed the crowd looking for witnesses. "Was anybody here when this happened? Was anybody here when this happened?" one NBC producer yelled.

Eyewitnesses told CNN that the gunman was using a rifle or shotgun.

Word of the shooting spread rapidly on social media networks.

"On 5th avenue surrounded by helicopters and police," @CeciliaHalling wrote on Twitter. "I'm very glad I wasn't 20 blocks further down half an hour ago."

Last edited:
M

McX

and on the no-go list ofcourse: Chicago.

Chicago, including eight gunned down on a single street.

Authorities have been battling an increase in homicides in the city where some aldermen complain gangs have no fear of the police.

Police say a drive-by shooting on Chicago's South Side late Thursday wounded seven men and one woman ranging in age from 14 to 20 years. Two of the victims were taken to Comer Children's Hospital. Most are in stable condition. Police say the 19-year-old woman wounded was shot in the arm while walking to work.

Five people were wounded in three other shootings around the same time.

Police say 19 people were shot in Chicago on Thursday night and early Friday.

amaixner

Authorities have been battling an increase in homicides in the city where some aldermen complain gangs have no fear of the police.

And the gangs obviously have even less fear of the general populace, who have ben disarmed by both the politicians and those police who have abdicated their oaths and delight in enforcing citizen-disarmament laws.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
The NYPD have a notorious record of killing innocent people! It is ok to Mr. Bloomberg that "HIS" officers kill or wound innocent people, but law abiding citizens can't have the right to defend themselves, they have to wait and allow the NYPD to kill their attacker and possibly them. The entire city is a joke, and all "officials" should be removed and replaced by the people of the city who didn't come to the city because they are millionaires looking to make more money by way of corrupt government.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
and on the no-go list ofcourse: Chicago.

Police say a drive-by shooting on Chicago's South Side late Thursday wounded seven men and one woman ranging in age from 14 to 20 years. Two of the victims were taken to Comer Children's Hospital. Most are in stable condition. Police say the 19-year-old woman wounded was shot in the arm while walking to work.

Five people were wounded in three other shootings around the same time.

This is what happens when they disarm the citizens, and leave the criminals with free range. If the citizens are not armed, then the criminals have no one to fear, because the law is a joke, and the police arrive after the fact.

I believe Chicago is being used by the government for something more sinister. I don't believe it is a coincidence that all of these shootings are "all of a sudden" happening, and that police in Chicago are allowing all of the mayhem they are. Remember that Rahm left a high ranking posistion in the administration to become mayor of Chicago, which is a little odd. Could they use all of the crime and shootings to initiate martial law? I guess we will just have to wait and see, but I do not think all of these shootings are a coincidence.

Last edited:
M

McX

(Reuters) - Here is a timeline of some of the worst shooting incidents in recent times carried out by one or two gunmen in the United States:

April 1999 - Two heavily armed teenagers go on a rampage at Columbine High School in Littleton, Denver, shooting 13 students and staff before taking their own lives.

July 1999 - A gunman kills nine people at two brokerages in Atlanta, after apparently killing his wife and two children. He commits suicide five hours later.

October 2002 - John Muhammad and Lee Malvo kill 10 people in a string of sniper-style shootings that terrorize the Washington, D.C. area.

November 21, 2004 - A 35-year-old Hmong immigrant and naturalized U.S. citizen allegedly shoots eight people, killing six, while deer hunting east of Birchwood in northern Wisconsin.

April 16, 2007 - Virginia Tech, a university in Blacksburg, Virginia, becomes site of the deadliest rampage in U.S. history when a gunman kills 32 people and himself.

January 8, 2011 - Then-U.S. congresswomen Gabrielle Giffords is target of an assassination attempt in Tuscon, Arizona in which six people are killed and 13, including Giffords, wounded.

April 2, 2012 - A gunman, identified by police as Korean-American One Goh, kills seven people and wounds three others in a shooting rampage at a Christian college in Oakland.

July 20, 2012 - A masked gunman kills 12 people and wounds 58 others when he opens fire on moviegoers at a showing of the recent Batman film "The Dark Knight Rises" in Aurora, a suburb of Denver, Colorado.

August 5, 2012 - A gunman kills six people during Sunday services at a Sikh temple in Oak Creek, Wisconsin, before he is shot dead by a police officer.

August 24, 2012 - Two people are killed and eight wounded in a shooting outside the landmark Empire State Building in New York City at the height of the tourist season.

Shoobee

Crime is crime. It will never go away.

Downsizing's happen, no way around it.

At least the shooter got his intended victim. That is classic revenge crime.

It makes no sense when a deranged psychopath sprays a theatre of strangers though.

The workplace is actually a relatively dangerous place for anyone working there. Shootings are not unknown. In other words, shootings are known to happen there.

Nothing new about this one. Yawn.

Last edited:
M

McX

still working on my no-go list:

Theaters, Temples, Chicago, Tall Buildings,...............and ofcourse Norway.

An Oslo court sentenced Anders Behring Breivik, the right-wing extremist who admitted to killing 77 people in a bomb attack and shooting spree last July, to 21 years in prison—the maximum sentence available under Norwegian law.

Last edited:

Big Dipper

(Reuters) - Here is a timeline of some of the worst shooting incidents in recent times carried out by one or two gunmen in the United States:

April 1999 - Two heavily armed teenagers go on a rampage at Columbine High School in Littleton, Denver, shooting 13 students and staff before taking their own lives.

July 1999 - A gunman kills nine people at two brokerages in Atlanta, after apparently killing his wife and two children. He commits suicide five hours later.

October 2002 - John Muhammad and Lee Malvo kill 10 people in a string of sniper-style shootings that terrorize the Washington, D.C. area.

November 21, 2004 - A 35-year-old Hmong immigrant and naturalized U.S. citizen allegedly shoots eight people, killing six, while deer hunting east of Birchwood in northern Wisconsin.

April 16, 2007 - Virginia Tech, a university in Blacksburg, Virginia, becomes site of the deadliest rampage in U.S. history when a gunman kills 32 people and himself.

January 8, 2011 - Then-U.S. congresswomen Gabrielle Giffords is target of an assassination attempt in Tuscon, Arizona in which six people are killed and 13, including Giffords, wounded.

April 2, 2012 - A gunman, identified by police as Korean-American One Goh, kills seven people and wounds three others in a shooting rampage at a Christian college in Oakland.

July 20, 2012 - A masked gunman kills 12 people and wounds 58 others when he opens fire on moviegoers at a showing of the recent Batman film "The Dark Knight Rises" in Aurora, a suburb of Denver, Colorado.

August 5, 2012 - A gunman kills six people during Sunday services at a Sikh temple in Oak Creek, Wisconsin, before he is shot dead by a police officer.

August 24, 2012 - Two people are killed and eight wounded in a shooting outside the landmark Empire State Building in New York City at the height of the tourist season.

They also skipped the Luby's massacre in Killeen, TX. 23 murdered, 20 injured - the deadliest up until Virginia Tech. It ended up also being the beginning of the movement for concealed carry in Texas!

Shoobee

dont forget the belt way sniper not so much a mass shooting but still a crazy with a gun that killed 10 and injured 3 people

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beltway_sniper_attacks

Multiple murderers are classified by the FBI into 3 categories --

1 - mass killers (a lot of people all at once)

2 - spree killers (a lot of people one after another)

3 - serial killers (3 or more victims separated by a cooling off period).

MKEgal

It is unclear if he fired into a crowd of pedestrians outside of the Empire State Building, or if pedestrians were caught in crossfire
I guess we can use this as a precident - it doesn't matter who you injure, as long as you get the Bad Guy.
To bleep with being aware of what's beyond your target.
I guess it's justified by preventing the BG from killing more people.
If police can do it, so can citizens. Isn't that the way it works?

As the officers approached [name redacted], he pulled his gun and fired on the officers
Oh, geez... I guess this is another one for the Brady Bunch.
It's illegal to carry in NYC without a permit, so obviously he had a permit, so he must be one of those "concealed carry killers" they rant about.
OTOH, those only go to Bloomie's contributors & friends, so doesn't it show that his permit system is corrupt?

McX said:
:uhoh:

Multiple murderers are classified by the FBI into 3 categories -
1 - mass killers (a lot of people all at once)
2 - spree killers (a lot of people one after another)
3 - serial killers (3 or more victims separated by a cooling off period).
Is anyone else bothered by the fact that there are enough to bother making categories? :(

Last edited:

Law abider

Gun violence pales in comparision with DWI deaths: over 746 in 2010 in WI alone if I am right. Add all the other states and you'll think we are having a genocide. Compare with other countries, we are way low. Eg: Mexico so far has 58,000 dead with the strictist gun laws in the world. Compare, compare compare. Don't let these gun control bozoes fool us.
Even religious persecution of women and those other minor religious populations ie: Coptic Christians vs Moslem majority: The Coptics are being slautered in Egypt. They all out do our gun related killings. Not to mention all the killings with other implements. I could go on

Captain Nemo

As I understand it the shooter legally purchased his firearm in Florida. The report doesn't elaborate on the specific make and model but says that it was .45 caliber and held eight rounds. By that description I suspect it was a 1911 style .45ACP pistol. He fired 5 rounds into his victim. There is no confirmed number of total number of shots he fired but in any regard the most number of rounds he had left in his firearm is 3. The report also says that there was a loaded magazine in his posession which would indicate he hadn't reloaded. The police fired 16 rounds. The most the shooter could have shot was 3. Nine people were wounded. You do the math. Who was the mass shooter? Watch this one get covered up in a hurry.