• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another day, another mass shooting.

twoskinsonemanns

I wouldn't mind an explanation of how they know where he bought the gun. The assumption would be they contact the manufacturer of the firearm and the manufacturer had a record of what FFL they shipped it to and the FFL gave them the information. But that is a LOT of field work to do in a couple of hours so I would like to have their explanation.

oliverclotheshoff

As I understand it the shooter legally purchased his firearm in Florida. The report doesn't elaborate on the specific make and model but says that it was .45 caliber and held eight rounds. By that description I suspect it was a 1911 style .45ACP pistol. He fired 5 rounds into his victim. There is no confirmed number of total number of shots he fired but in any regard the most number of rounds he had left in his firearm is 3. The report also says that there was a loaded magazine in his posession which would indicate he hadn't reloaded. The police fired 16 rounds. The most the shooter could have shot was 3. Nine people were wounded. You do the math. Who was the mass shooter? Watch this one get covered up in a hurry.

i dont need to do any math i think you have done the math just right
now im not familiar with 1911 style pistolas can you get extended mags for them
good ol bloomturds chronies will even get an attaboy for the keeping the collateral damage lower than normal

Last edited:

Shoobee

i dont need to do any math i think you have done the math just right
now im not familiar with 1911 style pistolas can you get extended mags for them
good ol bloomturds chronies will even get an attaboy for the keeping the collateral damage lower than normal

You (anyone) can get (order online) extended mags for any "pistol".

They are illegal in some places, but you (proverbially) can get (proverbially) them, yes.

Shoobee

I wouldn't mind an explanation of how they know where he bought the gun. The assumption would be they contact the manufacturer of the firearm and the manufacturer had a record of what FFL they shipped it to and the FFL gave them the information. But that is a LOT of field work to do in a couple of hours so I would like to have their explanation.

Most states have computerized search engines that can trace a serial number in seconds.

It is a marvelous modern world we live in with computers and the internet and networks.

Shoobee

As I understand it the shooter legally purchased his firearm in Florida. The report doesn't elaborate on the specific make and model but says that it was .45 caliber and held eight rounds. By that description I suspect it was a 1911 style .45ACP pistol. He fired 5 rounds into his victim. There is no confirmed number of total number of shots he fired but in any regard the most number of rounds he had left in his firearm is 3. The report also says that there was a loaded magazine in his posession which would indicate he hadn't reloaded. The police fired 16 rounds. The most the shooter could have shot was 3. Nine people were wounded. You do the math. Who was the mass shooter? Watch this one get covered up in a hurry.

If it held 8 rounds and was a 45ACP then it was 7 + 1. A typical non-stacked 1911A1.

Shoobee

Gun violence pales in comparision with DWI deaths: over 746 in 2010 in WI alone if I am right. Add all the other states and you'll think we are having a genocide. Compare with other countries, we are way low. Eg: Mexico so far has 58,000 dead with the strictist gun laws in the world. Compare, compare compare. Don't let these gun control bozoes fool us.
Even religious persecution of women and those other minor religious populations ie: Coptic Christians vs Moslem majority: The Coptics are being slautered in Egypt. They all out do our gun related killings. Not to mention all the killings with other implements. I could go on

Wisconsin has a lot of dairy cows too. So what is up with Wisconsin? Why does Wisconsin even matter in this discussion about NYC crime?

Non sequitur.

Last edited:

Shoobee

I guess we can use this as a precident - it doesn't matter who you injure, as long as you get the Bad Guy.
To bleep with being aware of what's beyond your target.
I guess it's justified by preventing the BG from killing more people.
If police can do it, so can citizens. Isn't that the way it works?

Oh, geez... I guess this is another one for the Brady Bunch.
It's illegal to carry in NYC without a permit, so obviously he had a permit, so he must be one of those "concealed carry killers" they rant about.
OTOH, those only go to Bloomie's contributors & friends, so doesn't it show that his permit system is corrupt?

Is anyone else bothered by the fact that there are enough to bother making categories? :(

The FBI has learned that different types of killings are done by different types of killers with different profiles and different patterns of behavior and crime. That's why it matters. That's how the FBI hunts down bad guys (and bad gals).

Shoobee

Shootout at a funeral home. One found dead. Police are puzzled. The victim shows no sign of a gunshot wound.

Well since it was a funeral home maybe it was his funeral and he was already dead?

They are also called mortuaries.

Funeral home = 4 syllables & two words.

Mortuary = 4 syllables & 1 word. More efficient.

Last edited:

Shoobee

yanked this off the yoowhoo:
adding to my no-go list: theaters, tall buildings, Temples

Nine people were wounded and two people were killed outside the Empire State Building in Midtown Manhattan Friday after a disgruntled women's accessories designer named Jeffrey Johnson shot his 41 year-old former boss. The two dead include the gunman, who was shot and killed by police near the tourist entrance of the landmark skyscraper.

Fifty-three year-old Johnson lost his job last year during a corporate downsizing at Hazan Imports. He returned to his office Friday morning to target his former supervisor.

The shooting occurred at 9:03 a.m. ET on West 33rd Street.

Johnson followed his former co-worker down 33rd Street and shot him outside of Legends Bar, according to the New York Post. It is unclear if he fired into a crowd of pedestrians outside of the Empire State Building, or if pedestrians were caught in crossfire, reported the New York Daily News.

..."

Anyone with the balls to target his x-boss for wilful age discrimination can drink from my canteen anyday.

The corporate world is a cold cruel world and often very illegal. Not every one copes with it in stride.

Last edited:
M

McX

9 people injured in shooting believed to be hit by stray police…

Giant, no galactic, supersized W.T.F!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if you or i did that it would be murder, manslauter at the least. we're not talkin about walkin dogs off the leash here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! stray bullets???!!! let's call it what it is: panic shots, no aim, spray and pray, dump the mag into the crowd, ................i'm so pissed, someone take it from here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Law abider

Wisconsin has a lot of dairy cows too. So what is up with Wisconsin? Why does Wisconsin even matter in this discussion about NYC crime?

Non sequitur.

shoobee if you read my 2 cents worth, I am comparing deaths/murders etc.. by other means vs guns and the former by guns in other countries to point out the fact that the gun control crazies only report and hype up isolated shootings void of all facts as I have tried to point out.

Law abider

9 people injured in shooting believed to be hit by stray police…

Giant, no galactic, supersized W.T.F!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if you or i did that it would be murder, manslauter at the least. we're not talkin about walkin dogs off the leash here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! stray bullets???!!! let's call it what it is: panic shots, no aim, spray and pray, dump the mag into the crowd, ................i'm so pissed, someone take it from here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
McX calm down. Think things through with a sound mind. I know leos have more leeways than we do.

Firearms Iinstuctor

It only matters to the anti gunners where he got the firearm.

All the talk about when where and how. Is only used to push for more gun control.

It really doesn't matter to the people shot, or to solve the case.

Its a red herring to push for more gun control.

NoTolerance

Non sequitur.

1. It's not a discussion exclusively about the NYC shooting.

2. You're in the WI subforum. Didn't you see the dairy cows on your way in? ;)

Old Grump

Dos centavos from a dinosaur in the police officers defense. This had nothing to do with Wisconsin directly but everything to do with the attitudes of large cities with a liberal population and anti-gun culture. The police are literally handicapped by their politically friendly atrocious trigger requirements and again by their budget constrained training program. Now add a very crowded city, downtown in the middle of the day, a man who was depressed and cared for nobody least of all himself and he shoots his victim on the street. Now the police show up adrenalin and not tempered with advanced training. Basically they just went from traffic cops to a war zone and since people are slow to react and get out of the way unless they are war zone trained they will stand around and become collateral damage.

I saw it in Chicago when I lived there and Washington DC when I was visiting. Shots were fired (1 shot in Washington and multiple rapid fire shots in Chicago and the streets emptied, literally. Again in Los Angeles when I was on permanent Shore Patrol and was coming from a prisoner pick up in the van, a pair of shots fired and everybody just stood around, depends where you are and what the people are used to. Never saw a cop in Washington after that shot, there was a half hour delay before they showed up in Chicago and LA had more cops on the scene in less than a minute than I realized was even in that district.

Point I am making it's about training or the lack of on both the police departments side of the coin and most big city's general population reaction to a gun. Sounds to me like deer caught in the headlights, they should have ducked inside anyplace when they saw a man with a gun like they did in Chicago and Washington but nobody paid attention and the police didn't exercise good discipline on the scene. We may never know all the details, just surmise like I am doing here but this will be a big deal and trust Bloomberg to twist it to his advantage. Somebody will be blamed but it won't be him or his police officers. Truth will be lost in the debris so he won't have to change his policy or accept responsibility.