• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

shots fired in police chase in miami

hammer6

are you guys following the police chase on the news? it just ended, and i saw shots fired on the live feed, plus a cop empty an entire mag on the driver who fled the car. i didn't see shots fired from the suspect, but it appeared some cops were taking cover. doesn't appear the 3 passengers were shot/shooting. when they got the guy, the zoomed in, and he was covered in blood, then they broke away to the NYC shooting.

more to come

hammer6

apparently the suspect vehicle threw a gun out the window on the highway, they just medivac'd the driver, and they are landing another helicopter for another person

live feed on foxnews.com

Ca Patriot

Didnt look like the driver had a weapon or make any threatening actions towards the officers.

Looks like the cop opened fire on the driver as soon as the driver got out.

twoskinsonemanns

During the chase they kept saying he was wanted for "assaulting a cop" because he hit a cop car with his stolen car.
So I am guessing the shooting was justified to stop a fleeing subject who had committed assault...

hammer6

links?

Was it a low-speed chase? Was there a Bronco?

stay safe.

speeds reached 111 MPH on the highway..

two subjects airlifted out

shots were fired at the subject AS he was climbing over a fence with nothing in his hands...

Ca Patriot

speeds reached 111 MPH on the highway..

two subjects airlifted out

shots were fired at the subject AS he was climbing over a fence with nothing in his hands...

You can see the shots were fired even before he got on the hood of the car.

Looks like the cops decided ahead of time they were going to kill this guy.

davidmcbeth

Banned
You can see the shots were fired even before he got on the hood of the car.

Looks like the cops decided ahead of time they were going to kill this guy.

"Book 'em, Dano"....

....................."OK, bam bam bam" ...

"I said Book 'em!!"

....................... "isn't that what I just did? Uh-oh, I gonna have a lot of paperwork this week"

"Oh, Dano - you are hilarious"

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

It appeared he got struck by gunfire as he was going over the fence. Both hands were on the fence when it looked like he flinched.

Again what bothers me in these incidents are the people on the other side of the line of fire. Clearly a busy highway, tsk, tsk.